Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman [Merge]

Ouuu.. tough call. Like every signing,  it’s all dependant on the money.

But, if we assume it’s a fair cap-hit ... damn , but it would nice to add some edgy-ness to our defence...

I dunno. I can’t make up my mind.

19 minutes ago, Luca_Colts said:

Probably not.. He is 30 and Injury-prone, It would be amazing to have him helping our CB but that would come with a high price...

How is he injury prone? He has had one injury ??

If we didn’t keep Davis because of age and injury, we won’t take on Sherman either as it goes against CB make up of a team. No bigger ticket older players coming off an injury is needed. I’d pass too. 

Why not? He's a fit for the Defense (literally coming from the Defense Indy is emulating). He's still a good corner. Could allow Quincy Wilson to develop more at CB2, and allows em to draft another young corner to groom. Injects some nastiness to the secondary. Tell me Quincy Wilson, Malik Hooker, Nate Hairston, Clayton Geathers and Matthias Farley WONT be better with a guy like Sherman around. 

The issue is the price tag. Some team closer to contention would likely be willing to pay more than the Colts. And anything more than 3 years is a no.

3 hours ago, Luca_Colts said:

An injury for a veteran player is 5x worse than for younger players

That’s not injury prone though. I had the same injury and I run 10 miles every day, and I’m 2 years older than Sherman. I’m not nearly the athlete he is, nor do I have his resources. If the Colts can trade a late pick for him, and get him on a team friendly deal then I’m all for it. I’d rather have Melvin back though.

My issue is he has just had surgery on BOTH Achilles tendons, very difficult to come back straight away from that type of injury as you don't have one solid base to rehab the other.

Like many others say though, if we lose Melvin (and based on his new agent and likelihood of chasing top dollar I would assume this is the case) and we can get him at reasonable money, it could be good for the younger corners to learn from him.

My gut reaction would be a no though, as the new defensive scheme relies on our corners to be big and really fast, and I am not sure how much speed he might have lost with age (especially if we get him on a multi-year deal) and significant injury.

Seahawks had informed Richard Sherman that he will be released .... why not try and trade him for something at least? 

Do you think he could help help our secondary or would he be too risky? 

I dunno, I know he use to be good butnwith the drama he brings and the injuries the past couple years I think he’s more risk the reward. 

2 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Seahawks had informed Richard Sherman that he will be released .... why not try and trade him for something at least? 

Do you think he could help help our secondary or would he be too risky? 

I dunno, I know he use to be good butnwith the drama he brings and the injuries the past couple years I think he’s more risk the reward. 

My guess is they havent had any offers. There have been rumors about him being on the trade block since before the trade deadline. If they havent gotten anything for him by now they probably wont ever. 

6 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

My guess is they havent had any offers. There have been rumors about him being on the trade block since before the trade deadline. If they havent gotten anything for him by now they probably wont ever. 

He will be released Friday. Lol he will take over for butler in NE

1 hour ago, TdungyW/12 said:

He will be released Friday. Lol he will take over for butler in NE

I hope not.

I wouldn't mind a 1 year flyer on him. Heck, the Packers, I think might want him for their secondary. Rodgers probably would prefer going against Sherman in practice. :) 

Well.....

Sherman has now come out and says he wants to play for a contender....

Respectfully...   that rules out the Colts.

Also...   for what it's worth...   Sherman had full blown surgery on one achilles and a minor procedure on the other.

Not good.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....

Sherman has now come out and says heeantsto pmay firs contender....

Rrspectfully...   that rules out the Colts.

Also...   fir what it's worth...   Sherman had full blown surgery on one achilles and a minor procedure on the other.

Not good.

Starting already? It’s not even 5 yet!

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....

Sherman has now come out and says heeantsto pmay firs contender....

Rrspectfully...   that rules out the Colts.

Also...   fir what it's worth...   Sherman had full blown surgery on one achilles and a minor procedure on the other.

Not good.

Image result for you are drunk