Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With all this chatter about Saquon Barkley, what if the Giants actually take Bradley Chubb at #2? The Giants defense needs help just as much as their offense. If the Giants sign Andrew Norwell, as has been projected, adding the best pass rusher in the draft gives the team a defensive jolt and an opportunity for one last push with Eli.

If such is the case, and the Jets do not sign Cousins, the Jets are my ideal trade back partner. It would seem in this scenario they could get Josh Rosen or possibly Sam Darnold depending on what Browns do with the first pick. The price? The #6 pick, #37 pick, #107 pick, and the Jets' first round pick in 2019.

2018 Mock Draft

#6: Quenton Nelson, OG Notre Dame

- best offensive lineman in the draft and immediate upgrade to the run game, no matter who is carrying the ball

#21: Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame

-TRADE: We trade our 2nd (#36), 3rd (#67), and 7th (#221) to Buffalo to pick up our future right tackle. Free agency is slim on quality offensive lineman and I do not see us overpaying for mid-tier talent. McGlinchey may go higher, but if he slips to the early 20's we should pounce.

#37: Derrius Guice, RB LSU

- not a defensive pick, but a good pick on a back with superstar potential. He does have an injury history, but pairing him with Mack and a revamped offensive line could help sustain offensive drives and limit the time the D is on the field. With the first 3 picks, consider Luck to have the best protection of his career.

#104: Terrell Edmunds, SS Virginia Tech

-nasty strong safety to pair with Malik Hooker. Geathers is injury prone and in the last year of his deal. Edmunds is a tone setter on D.

#107: Kemoko Turay, DE Rutgers

- I will drink the Kool-Aid on Tumay. He has the size and speed, but not the production. He has an injury history. It seems like the early 4th round is a good spot for a high upside pass rushing project to groom.

#140: Wyatt Teller, OG Virginia Tech

-Teller has the size, athleticism and skill set to flourish. He just did not do it in 2017. We need quality offensive line depth and Teller has the potential to be a steal in the 5th round.

#178: Davontae Harris, CB Illinois State

- small school corner with great size and athleticism. Good zone corner, which it appears we are transitioning to more of. High upside pick.

McGlinchey will go higher than 20 I guarantee it. He could go to the Bengals at 12, Cardinals at 14, or here is the team I have him going to, The Seahawks at 18. Seattle needs Offensive Line help, especially if they going to rely on Russell Wilson to carry them because their defense is an old injury prone mess. 

24 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

McGlinchey will go higher than 20 I guarantee it. He could go to the Bengals at 12, Cardinals at 14, or here is the team I have him going to, The Seahawks at 18. Seattle needs Offensive Line help, especially if they going to rely on Russell Wilson to carry them because their defense is an old injury prone mess. 

It is definitely a possibility. Although, if a team values Connor Williams as an OT, he may go higher than McGlinchey. Also, there is a lot of defensive talent that could get taken from roughly picks #10 - #20 that could lead to McGlinchey getting bumped.

I would not be surprised if he went higher, but would also not be surprised to see him fall into the early 20's.

4 hours ago, Manning1887 said:

It is definitely a possibility. Although, if a team values Connor Williams as an OT, he may go higher than McGlinchey. Also, there is a lot of defensive talent that could get taken from roughly picks #10 - #20 that could lead to McGlinchey getting bumped.

I would not be surprised if he went higher, but would also not be surprised to see him fall into the early 20's.

Scouts are now saying they see Connor Williams as a guard and not a tackle. I disagree I know he can play both positions. Which increases his value even more because of the versatility. Let’s say WIlliams and Kolton Miller are the first two tackles off the board. Then that  pushes McGlinchey up in the 20s. Then this is a great idea.