Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stitches

[Sando, ESPN Insider] Among trade possibilities thrown around by NFL Execs: OT Cordy Glenn to the Colts for late round considerations

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Yes...He was a known project, i expected him to struggle..I would like to see what new coaching can do for him..

Fair enough.

But I think you are hoping against hope.  I see him out there on the field and immediately start saying Hail Mary's for the QB's health. 

16 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown  

Before we condemn CG because of his injury history remember that he was in Buffalo 

Methinks you are now officially grasping at straws to hold onto a poorly conceived point.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Yes...He was a known project, i expected him to struggle..I would like to see what new coaching can do for him..

I don't mind him being on the roster and getting a chance to compete for a starting spot. What I mind is us going into the season thinking that he will suddenly switch it on and relying on him to be a competent starting tackle for us without even trying to address the position. We cannot afford to do that. Either get a more proven commodity through trade of FA or a higher end prospect(Connor Williams if he falls to the second) and let them compete. If by some miracle Clark prevails, I'm good with that. I care that we have a good tackle to protect Luck, I don't care if it's Clark or Haeg or whoever we acquire this off-season, as long as they get the job done. 

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

He was a known project and Grigson took the risk.  Ballard has nothing to do with it and needs to worry about getting the best player in the lineup.  Clark has shown he is not good at RT.  He will get a shot at OG and RT in camp but if he is cut, it is because he is bad. 

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

Last word on Mewhort was that he was still contemplating retirement.  His knees are going to get any better.

I think if Mewhort was  retiring he would have  announced it  officially by now!

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I think if Mewhort was  retiring he would have  announced it  officially by now!

Maybe, maybe not.  Joe Thomas is also reportedly still trying to decide.  Plus, it's not uncommon for veterans dealing with injuries to wait and see what their market is before deciding to retire. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Joe Thomas is also reportedly still trying to decide.  Plus, it's not uncommon for veterans dealing with injuries to wait and see what their market is before deciding to retire. 

:agree:

10 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't mind him being on the roster and getting a chance to compete for a starting spot. What I mind is us going into the season thinking that he will suddenly switch it on and relying on him to be a competent starting tackle for us without even trying to address the position. We cannot afford to do that. Either get a more proven commodity through trade of FA or a higher end prospect(Connor Williams if he falls to the second) and let them compete. If by some miracle Clark prevails, I'm good with that. I care that we have a good tackle to protect Luck, I don't care if it's Clark or Haeg or whoever we acquire this off-season, as long as they get the job done. 

If we could land Williams or Guice at the top of the 2nd I'd be completely out of my mind.  Williams could play RT or G... man the dreams.