Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Underrated Colt

BNS

I apologize if this has been done before....if so, then feel free to remove the topic.

We recently had the Most Overrated Colt topic, so I decided to start this one.

Of the current roster, my vote goes to Pat Angerer. Among the all-time Colts players, I'll have to give it some thought, but wanted to throw that out there, so give me your choice of a current Colt and choice of a former Colt.

how many FS were featured in the top 100 on NFLN?

lol thats true, wont argue that...but my point is, when people talk about the colts they say Wayne, pm, mathis, freeney, heck even saturday, they say our best guys are getting older...They NEVER mention bethea, which labels him Underrated IMO

and IMO, he should have been in that top 100

Bethea is a concensus top 10 FS in the league, and some might even put him in the top 5. underrated he is not.

Ahhhhh yeah he is....his name is never mentioned with the likes of Troy P. and co and he is real close to being elite.

How is Nevis underrated? I watched him play and he looked like a rookie that has some potential, thats it?

for sure he should have been. at least in the 90-100 spot. but i hear his name mentioned frequently, and more importantly, among other players in the league. that is the real measuring stick.

they know how good he is. that's why i can't list him as underrated. No one has mentioned Drake Nevis' performance last year cause we only got 5 games out of him. But those 5 games were killer.

Ahhhhh yeah he is....his name is never mentioned with the likes of Troy P. and co and he is real close to being elite.

How is Nevis underrated? I watched him play and he looked like a rookie that has some potential, thats it?

wow. we completely disagree on both points. oh well.

and sure his name is mentioned. its that when most people talk about FS, they talk about 2 guys only. real analysts and players mention Bethea.

wow. we completely disagree on both points. oh well.

and sure his name is mentioned. its that when most people talk about FS, they talk about 2 guys only. real analysts and players mention Bethea.

We don't have to agree...remember I stated my opinion, you chose to disagree. I like Nevis and think he has a future but isn't underrated imo. I would not have even stated that had you not felt it necessary to force your opinion on my choice ;)

Ed Reed and Troy P. get all the press and even Sanders gets more press than Boom Boom. Imo, none of them could switch to their other respective Safety positions and dominate but Bethea could :)

Bethea gets his props. Lots of people play Madden, and he's in the 90s. Seriously. Thats how people know who he is.

I'd have to say Angerer. Although I'd like to see him do it for another year.

I personally believe Robert Mathis is criminally underrated, even amongst us fans. But you all know that, I bring him up all the time.

I don't think Angry Pat is underrated, he was getting props from TV announcers and he led the league in tackles for weeks. He's a up an comer, a rising star but he's not there yet.

I was thinking about Garcon being underrated but he got attention, being one of the few bright spots last year. Im eating alittle bit of crow here but Donald Brown might be the most underrated player, he showed alot of upside last year and he needs to continue his upward trend.

From the past, im saying Marvin Harrison. Of coarse he gets respect in Indiana but he was snubbed by the NFL network when naming their top 100 of all time. He wasn't even mentioned when they talked about good players that didn't make the list. Double snubbed. Locally I think Tony Dungy is underrated and sometimes is disrespected by Colts fans.