RD1#6: Chubb DE NC STATE

RD2#36: Guice RB LSU

RD2#37: Evans ILB BAMA

RD3#67: Rankin OT MSU

RD4$103:  DJ Moore WR Maryland

BPA...DL, BPA

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

Two Words: Three Cone.

The raving was AFTER that performance.  It was a retrospective talking about how the gap between Chubb and all the others is HUGE and that Chubb definitely has to be in play at #1 and that even though the Giants have more pressing needs, it would be very tough for them to Pass on Chubb if Barkley goes number one.

In other words, methinks you read WAY too much in a less than stellar time in a three cone drill.

Sirius XM;s NFL Radio just had a guy from New York Post that follows the Giants and he speculates, just as I said earlier, that if Barkley goes to the Browns, it's most likely the Giants will take Chubb.  He mentioned the possibility of Nelson, but dismissed that due to the draft being reasonably deep in the interior OL, saying they could address the OL in the second or third round to get a viable option, whereas in his mind, there is nothing comparable to Chubb to be had in the later rounds.

Ergo, the chatter I am hearing is seeming to be united in thinking that it goes Barkley - Chubb or Chubb - Barkely, one two.  If this occurs, the Colts best scenario is hoping to trade back to somebody wanting a particular QB, and then still getting Nelson.  Problem with that is that if Nelson is there at number five, there's a very real chance that Denver takes him to solidify their OL.  I guess that's not all bad, though, as there are still a couple of stellar LB prospects to be had.

Dream scenario if Barkley - Chubb go one two, Browns get antsy scared that the Colts will trade the pick to somebody else that would take the QB the Browns want, so they instead give up one of their two 2nd rounders to the Colts to swap 4th for 3rd spot, so the Browns are guaranteed to get the QB they want.  Then, either the Broncos or NYJ get overly antsy, so one of them then trades up to swap either pick 5 or 6 for 4.

Could you imagine, Colts swap 3 for 4 for one of Browns' 2nd rounders, then Colts swap 4th for 5th for Bronco's 2nd either this year or next year, then Colts do it again, swapping 5th for NYJ's 6th (fearing the Miami will trade with the Colts and take the QB that the Jets still covet) for another second rounder.  Hence, Colts ultimately move from 3rd to 6th and get three second rounders in return from QB obsessed teams, and then the Colts still get Quenton Nelson at OG.  Wishing!

11 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Sirius XM;s NFL Radio just had a guy from New York Post that follows the Giants and he speculates, just as I said earlier, that if Barkley goes to the Browns, it's most likely the Giants will take Chubb.  He mentioned the possibility of Nelson, but dismissed that due to the draft being reasonably deep in the interior OL, saying they could address the OL in the second or third round to get a viable option, whereas in his mind, there is nothing comparable to Chubb to be had in the later rounds.

Ergo, the chatter I am hearing is seeming to be united in thinking that it goes Barkley - Chubb or Chubb - Barkely, one two.  If this occurs, the Colts best scenario is hoping to trade back to somebody wanting a particular QB, and then still getting Nelson.  Problem with that is that if Nelson is there at number five, there's a very real chance that Denver takes him to solidify their OL.  I guess that's not all bad, though, as there are still a couple of stellar LB prospects to be had.

Dream scenario if Barkley - Chubb go one two, Browns get antsy scared that the Colts will trade the pick to somebody else that would take the QB the Browns want, so they instead give up one of their two 2nd rounders to the Colts to swap 4th for 3rd spot, so the Browns are guaranteed to get the QB they want.  Then, either the Broncos or NYJ get overly antsy, so on of them then trades up to swap either pick 5 or 6 for 4.

Could you imagine, Colts swap 3 for 4 for one of Browns' 2nd rounders, then Colts swap 4th for 5th for Bronco's 2nd either this year or next year, then Colts do it again, swapping 5th for NYJ's 6th (fearing the Miami will trade with the Colts and take the QB that the Jets still covet) for another second rounder.  Hence, Colts ultimately move from 3rd to 6th and get three second rounders in return from QB obsessed teams, and then the Colts still get Quenton Nelson at OG.  Wishing!

Ballard would be the GM of the century

56 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Dream scenario if Barkley - Chubb go one two, Browns get antsy scared that the Colts will trade the pick to somebody else that would take the QB the Browns want, so they instead give up one of their two 2nd rounders to the Colts to swap 4th for 3rd spot, so the Browns are guaranteed to get the QB they want.  Then, either the Broncos or NYJ get overly antsy, so one of them then trades up to swap either pick 5 or 6 for 4.

I would be a happy camper it is actually quite possible all depends on what Giants do