Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF: Free Agents to Avoid

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I know PFF has its critics, but I thought this was a rather interesting article on Free Agents to avoid.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

A couple of surprising names on the list IMO.

Not sure who's surprising on that list. All of those suffered downturns in productions the last two years, Poe especially. 

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not sure who's surprising on that list. All of those suffered downturns in productions the last two years, Poe especially. 

Don't get me wrong, none of them are outright stars, but I thought Carlos Hyde would be a potential good fit somewhere and not cost the world. 

Solder as well, although they caveat about price, would do well for most teams in need at LT.

I largely agree with their list (except Tru) but this is the issue I take here and with PFF in general, though I agree that this particular player, Kenny Vaccaro, shouldn't get big bucks.

His struggles came to a head this past season, where he allowed a career high 492 receiving yards after being moved more into the slot.

So... don't use SS to cover slot receivers.

3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Don't get me wrong, none of them are outright stars, but I thought Carlos Hyde would be a potential good fit somewhere and not cost the world. 

Solder as well, although they caveat about price, would do well for most teams in need at LT.

I would take Hyde on a cheap deal. 

8 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I know PFF has its critics, but I thought this was a rather interesting article on Free Agents to avoid.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

A couple of surprising names on the list IMO.

That PFF stuff means nothing everybody gives up yards in todays nfl doesn't mean your not an elite player.

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Is Dee Ford even a free agent? I thought he was under contract.

Under contract and he's recovering from injury and might not pass physical next week which would make his salary guaranteed. And Chiefs might keep him anyway.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't care. I'd take Dee Ford. Obviously I feel he'd be fine as a 43 end.

Dee has been a 3-4 OLB....

I think he's way too small to be a 4-3 DE....    he's listed at 6'2" and 252.

For what it's worth,   these are his sack totals for his four years...

1.5,  4.0,  10.0 and.....  2.

That's it.

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dee has been a 3-4 OLB....

I think he's way too small to be a 4-3 DE....    he's listed at 6'2" and 252.

For what it's worth,   these are his sack totals for his four years...

1.5,  4.0,  10.0 and.....  2.

That's it.

I definitely see where you're coming from. But I've always really like Dee first of all. All the way back to his Auburn days. And I think personally its much easier for an EDGE rusher to move from a 34 to a 43. Especially pure pass rushers as that becomes basically their main job. Rushing the QB. So I don't really think that'd be an issue for him. I wouldn't worry about his size either, but just my opinions. You could make very valid arguments either way. But with that being said. Its a moot point. LOL. He's not even going to be a FA from what I understand, and also. Absolutely no way do I see KC letting him go unless they get offered a crazy deal. Even with his injury issues, and lack of production in all but year 3. I'm sure they want that Houston-Ford combo for the next several years. Ford has shown he can get after the QB with 10 sacks in his 3rd year, and I think he is one the list of players that could be breakout types in the 18-19 season.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fishkin said:

Somebody is going to pay way too much for Watkins and Landry. I'd rather it not be the colts. So, going by that I'd avoid them both.

Yep. I want free agents, not costly agents. 

But seriously, I agree.