• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Disagree....

I think Ballard is far more interested if defense than Polian ever was.   Plus zbalkard is a believer in FA,  which Polian never was and still isn't.

Bill Polian was interested in defense. He just saw more value in keeping people in the seats (small market). And he knew he could sell tickets by putting points on the board. It worked, and it's the reason why the Colts are still in Indianapolis and not in LA or Cleveland right now. There were a lot of politics with Polian's decision making. 

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

I haven’t researched this, but if memory serves me correctly Terrell Suggs didn’t test well at the combine years back. With that being said, the rest is history. I see similarities in Suggs and Chubb. Really not to worried due to the fact Chubb has a non stop motor.

Correct. Here's a blurb I found on Suggs-

*****************************************************************************************

2003 – OLB Terrell Suggsicon-article-link.gif
Suggs scared off some teams with his 40-yard dash in the 4.8-second range. It’s not a terrible time, but it was slower than some expected and caused some concern over one of the top players in the draft. Suggs had an average vertical jump (33 inches) and just 19 bench press reps of 225 pounds – below the average. Suggs slid a little bit in the draft and was scooped up by the Ravens at pick No. 10. He’s an example of how combine results should be taken with a grain of salt.

******************************************************************************************

I've said it before, (mostly in past years posts) and will repeat it.  Almost every draft board is complete before combine.  There will be tweaks to team boards. Most of these tweaks will be based up medical exam, psychological testing, and interviews.  Not specific combine results, for the most part. They can correlate those numbers against all of the film they have. If the numbers are way off 'game tape speed', then som further interview investigating will be erformed.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

IF we do not trade back and Barkley is on the board, then he will suit up for the Indianapolis Colts

Yes, if he's there, he's a Colt, but he won't be there.  

We can move on from that.

3 cone is more important than the 40, by far... For pass rushers, you'd think that the broad jump and vert would be the most telling drill...

I'm used to hoping that great prospects test poorly so they might fall to the Colts... It's really strange to be on the other side of that equation, picking so high. I don't put a ton of stock into combine testing (especially 40 times and bench press), but it's not like they are completely without value.

I wonder if Barkley and Nelson start being mocked to us at #3 more often. I'm still firmly on team trade back (depending on what the offer is, of course) so it still might be a good thing if some prospects test their way out of the top 5... Time will tell, of course.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

*****************************************************************************************

Suggs scared off some teams with his 40-yard dash in the 4.8-second range. It’s not a terrible time, but it was slower than some expected and caused some concern over one of the top players in the draft. Suggs had an average vertical jump (33 inches) and just 19 bench press reps of 225 pounds – below the average. Suggs slid a little bit in the draft and was scooped up by the Ravens at pick No. 10. He’s an example of how combine results should be taken with a grain of salt.

******************************************************************************************

I've said it before, (mostly in past years posts) and will repeat it.  Almost every draft board is complete before combine.  There will be tweaks to team boards. Most of these tweaks will be based up medical exam, psychological testing, and interviews.  Not specific combine results, for the most part. They can correlate those numbers against all of the film they have. If the numbers are way off 'game tape speed', then som further interview investigating will be erformed.

Nicely put

The only time a players drop way down or off the board is because of a major skeleton coming out of the closet

7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Everyone did not know Barkley was going to blow up the combine 2 months ago. I predicted he would though. 

He is going very high in this draft. IF we do not trade back and Barkley is on the board, then he will suit up for the Indianapolis Colts. 

Now the bet we have is....If we stay at No. 3 and make a pick - I said that pick would be Barkley. I also said I think we would have many opportunities to trade back, and that trading back might be too much too pass on.

Because Ballard is a smart man, he will either take Barkley or trade back.

Now if memory servers me correctly, if we do take Barkley then you guys have to leave the forum forever. If we make a selection at No. 3 and it is not Barkley then I have to leave the forum forever. However, a trade back would create stalemate. Another way you guys lose is if Barkley is off the board before we pick. 

So basically, if Barkley gets selected in  the top 3 then you guys are calling it quits here forever.

Now keep in mind, you guys made this bet with me. I did not initiate it. But I can tell you right now that I am right, and the only thing that can save you guys is for quarterbacks to go 1 & 2 and for us to trade back. That would result in a stalemate, and we all get to stay.

If Barkley is selected 3 by the colts I never post again.

If the Colts bypass Barkley at 3 you never post again.

everthing else is a wash.  

I have no no idea what bet you made with crazycolt.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Question from TigerTown and a concerned poster  

What happens if SB goes 1 or 2

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I would be more interested in what Suggs 10 yard split, broad jump, SS and 3 cone were.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Your deal is bogus and I would have never made that deal.

Why are you backing out now?

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Seems like even with the poor 3cone Chubb finished the day as an elite athlete:

DXeasblW0AEXNO4.jpg

Which is odd and tells me perhaps he didnt train at those specific drills as hard or at least I hope. Now he knows what he needs to seriously focus on at his Pro Day.

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Your deal is bogus and I would have never made that deal.

Why are you backing out now?

30 minutes ago you didn't even remember, now you claim I'm back out....seriously? I'm sure it's archived....look it up.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Question from TigerTown and a concerned poster  

What happens if SB goes 1 or 2

I Barkley is selected 1 or 2 then they have to call it quits here. 

They are the ones who said Barkley would not get drafted in the first 3 picks. I said that as long as we stay at 3 then Barkley will get picked in the top 3. 

Just now, BOTT said:

30 minutes ago you didn't even remember, now you claim I'm back out....seriously? I'm sure it's archived....look it up.

I did not remember you making the bet. I know CrazyColt did, and a few others were right along with him, But I was not sure anyone else had agreed to anything at all. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I did not remember you making the bet. I know CrazyColt did, and a few others were right along with him, But I was not sure anyone else had agreed to anything at all. 

I'm out of the loop as far as your other bets. Don't know a thing about them.

Just now, BOTT said:

I'm out of the loop as far as your other bets

You are making stuff up. 

Go find the thread. You won't because you are making it up.

Barkley will either go in the top 3 or we will trade out. That is what I said would happen, and that is what I believe will happen. I agreed to that. I didn't even even propose this bet. But I am willing to put actions on my words. You obviously are not and you're already squirming out out of this. Because you know I am right. 

I don't understand what all the fuss is about.  Nothing has changed from yesterday.  Bradley Chubb is who we thought he was.  He's an elite athlete, the best edge rusher in the draft, who has a higher ceiling than Derek Barnett, but who is not JJ Watt.  We already knew this.  And we already knew that if Saquan Barkley was already off the board, and nobody wanted to trade up to #3, we were going to have to decide whether or not we drafted Chubb slightly ahead of where he should be, or Quentin Nelson further ahead of where he should be, or Roquan Smith even further ahead of where he should be.  All of this we already knew.  Nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This “bet” sounds like something I have had to stop before between MSers Andy Kindergarten students

I thought it was silly too, But there is like a 99.99% chance I win so I agreed. 

20 minutes ago, #12. said:

Yes, if he's there, he's a Colt, but he won't be there.  

We can move on from that.

It is funny how people are starting to see that now. :D 

It was pretty clear 2 months ago, but only about 2 or 3 of us could see it. The others argued with us about this.... For days....

Now it is like everyone knew this all along. Well they did not know this. In fact most were against this idea and thought that drafting Barkley was a stupid thing to even consider. 

Now that things are getting easier to see.... People wan't to forget what they once thought they knew.

Some people have absolutely no stones and no integrity. 

11 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

You are making stuff up. 

Go find the thread. You won't because you are making it up.

Barkley will either go in the top 3 or we will trade out. That is what I said would happen, and that is what I believe will happen. I agreed to that. I didn't even even propose this bet. But I am willing to put actions on my words. You obviously are not and you're already squirming out out of this. Because you know I am right. 

So, I'm making it up or squirming out of a bet you didn't even remember ....which is it?

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It is funny how people are starting to see that now. :D 

It was pretty clear 2 months ago, but only about 2 or 3 of us could see it. The others argued with us about this.... For days....

Now it is like everyone knew this all along. Well they did not know this. In fact most were against this idea and thought that drafting Barkley was a stupid thing to even consider. 

Now that things are getting easier to see.... People wan't to forget what they once thought they knew.

Some people have absolutely no stones and no integrity. 

People have different opinions for very different reasons

Disappointing.  I was on the fence about Chubb vs trade down, now I probably lean towards trading down and targeting Nelson or Roquan. 

If we take him I'll be excited about what he brings, but at #3 I expect an EDGE to be an elite pass rush prospect.

Edit: to be clear I'm only talking about his agility drills.  His 40 and jumps were very impressive.

6 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Disappointing.  I was on the fence about Chubb vs trade down, now I probably lean towards trading down and targeting Nelson or Roquan. 

If we take him I'll be excited about what he brings, but at #3 I expect an EDGE to be an elite pass rush prospect.

Edit: to be clear I'm only talking about his agility drills.  His 40 and jumps were very impressive.

It is a wait and see until after his pro day

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

So, I'm making it up or squirming out of a bet you didn't even remember ....which is it?

I found the conversation. My conversation started with CrazyColt and then you chimed in. 

This is what you are talking about here:

Clearly if there is a trade back then it results in a stalemate. But if Barkley is off the board at No. 3 then bye-bye!

12 minutes ago, BOTT said:

You have obviously derailed the conversation, but I found your request to bet me. 

It is just as I said it was. See the post above. 

You have obviously derailed the conversation, but I found your request to bet me. 

It is just as I said it was. See the post above. 

Wager: if Barkley is there at 3 and the colts pass you never post on this forum again. If the colts take him at 3 I will never post on this forum again.

LOL!

I am leaving the door open for a possible trade-back though. So there is a possible stalemate here. 

DEAL!

I would say it has been nice knowing you, but.....

54 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Everyone did not know Barkley was going to blow up the combine 2 months ago. I predicted he would though. 

He is going very high in this draft. IF we do not trade back and Barkley is on the board, then he will suit up for the Indianapolis Colts. 

Now the bet we have is....If we stay at No. 3 and make a pick - I said that pick would be Barkley. I also said I think we would have many opportunities to trade back, and that trading back might be too much too pass on.

Because Ballard is a smart man, he will either take Barkley or trade back.

Now if memory servers me correctly, if we do take Barkley then you guys have to leave the forum forever. If we make a selection at No. 3 and it is not Barkley then I have to leave the forum forever. However, a trade back would create stalemate. Another way you guys lose is if Barkley is off the board before we pick. 

So basically, if Barkley gets selected in  the top 3 then you guys are calling it quits here forever.

Now keep in mind, you guys made this bet with me. I did not initiate it. But I can tell you right now that I am right, and the only thing that can save you guys is for quarterbacks to go 1 & 2 and for us to trade back. That would result in a stalemate, and we all get to stay.

Winning the internet is real important to you huh?

Just for once could we maybe we have different views without people being combative with it.

For the record I agree with you regarding the 3 cone time, it's one of the few combine metrics that has some actual bearing on the real life NFL. Not gospel... but even Björn Werner had a better 3 cone time, that worries me. On the other hand he posted a 7.3 and still went in the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I'm not as into all of this as some of you are so I'll defer to you when it comes to the importance of the drills and how they translate to being an NFL player. To me, it seems to be forgotten that he is going to have a pro day at NC State sometime in the very near future and I'm sure if he tests well he could very well still be in the mix at # 3. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how one drill on one day of the year erases a heck of a collegiate career. I'm not saying it does or doesn't, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me. 

It doesn’t make sense because it’s crap. The combine is just used to confirm what scouts see on tape. No one is going to knock Chubb down because of how he ran around the cones. The only thing teams care about are Medical, character, and 40 time. Plus on field drills. SS, 3 cone, Broad jump, vertical, etc... and all that stuff is pointless. It just tests athleticism. No GM is going to knock Chubb because of his 3 cone. There’s a reason they don’t show prospects doing those drills. No one is going to be shocked when the Colts draft a 7.37 3-cone DE at 3.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

It doesn’t make sense because it’s crap. The combine is just used to confirm what scouts see on tape. No one is going to knock Chubb down because of how he ran around the cones. The only thing teams care about are Medical, character, and 40 time. Plus on field drills. SS, 3 cone, Broad jump, vertical, etc... and all that stuff is pointless. It just tests athleticism. No GM is going to knock Chubb because of his 3 cone. There’s a reason they don’t show prospects doing those drills. No one is going to be shocked when the Colts draft a 7.37 3-cone DE at 3.

What do you think a 40 time tests?! 

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Winning the internet is real important to you huh?

Just for once could we maybe we have different views without people being combative with it.

For the record I agree with you regarding the 3 cone time, it's one of the few combine metrics that has some actual bearing on the real life NFL. Not gospel... but even Björn Werner had a better 3 cone time, that worries me. On the other hand he posted a 7.3 and still went in the 1st round. 

I did not initiate this bet. And I did not even bring the bet up today.

How about reading what happened?

I am not trying to get anyone to quit this forum.

I want to repeat so it is very clear. I never created this bet. And I didn't even bring this up.

So how is it "important" for me to "win the internet", when I did not even initiate this bet, and I did not even bring it up today? And it would have been easy for me to bring up, because it is clear that I am wining the bet? Heck I wasn't even going to hold anyone accountable to the stupid bet. 

I did not initiate this bet. And I did not even bring the bet up today.

How about reading what happened?

I am not trying to get anyone to quit this forum.

I want to repeat so it is very clear. I never created this bet. And I didn't even bring this up.

So how is it "important" for me to "win the internet", when I did not even initiate this bet, and I did not even bring it up today? And it would have been easy for me to bring up, because it is clear that I am wining the bet? Heck I wasn't even going to hold anyone accountable to the stupid bet. 

Drop it then