• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Not sure about that one. 

Build through the draft and keep your own.

They don't really take a lot of chances on players, especially early. 

They both build a football team in a conservative way. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Build through the draft and keep your own.

They don;t really take a lot of chances on players, especially early. 

They both build a football team in a conservative way. 

Everyone builds through the draft and hopes to draft enough good players to keep.  Hell, Ballard did more in FA in year one than Bill did in a decade.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Everyone builds through the draft and hopes to draft enough good players to keep.  Hell, Ballard did more in FA in year one than Bill did in a decade.

Actually, I think you are forgetting how much Polian built this team through free agency in his first couple of years. He had too, because we didn't have any talent. Ballard is stuck in the same situation. 

The only reason Ballard and Polian ever go into free agency hard, is because they have to, 

Polian spent a bundle in free agency in his first couple of seasons in Indy. Brought a lot of his Carolina guys over too. 

T

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Actually, I think you are forgetting how much Polian built this team through free agency in his first couple of years. He had too, because we didn't have any talent. Ballard is stuck in the same situation. 

The only reason Ballard and Polian ever go into free agency hard, is because they have to, 

Polian spent a bundle in free agency in his first couple of season in Indy. brought a lot of his Carolina guys over too. 

Who

Dilger, Harrison, Pollard, Wayne, Glenn, and Manning were here or came through the draft

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Polian spent a bundle in free agency in his first couple of season in Indy. brought a lot of his Carolina guys over too. 

No, I remember. The pass rusher and the small corner he way overpaid.  Maybe there were others and I just don't recall.  But ignoring free agency as he did most of his time here I thought was a mistake.

Ballard signed Hankins who is around 330....that's a big difference right there lol

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Dammit, I was so excited. After all the other tests even an average 3cone would have kept me extremely hyped until the draft. Now I feel so meh... 

Doesn't seem to be a great year to have a top 5 pick.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

No, I remember. The pass rusher and the small corner he way overpaid.  Maybe there were others and I just don't recall.  But ignoring free agency as he did most of his time here I thought was a mistake.

Ballard signed Hankins who is around 330....that's a big difference right there lol

BP spent most of the money keeping players

Chad Bratzke, Chad Cota, Brandon Stokely and Booger McFarland(trade) are the only outside guys I could think of

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

T

Who

Dilger, Harrison, Pollard, Wayne, Glenn, and Manning were here or came through the draft

Glenn, Dilger and Harrison were here. We drafted Manning in 1998 and did not draft Wayne until a few years later. 

We had no defense at all. We only had 2 good offensive lineman, Glenn and Meadows. 

Go back and look at how many players we brought in through free agency in 1998 and 1999. 

PFF has him rated the 21st. player overall.  Landry is at 9  and they have Davenport also rated higher than Chubb.  I'm sure he's a solid player but I really question him in the top 5 rankings now.  I have always like Landry better because he reminds me so much of Freeney.  His down year this year was due to his injury.  Davenport actually reminds me of Mathis. I can see a number of players rated ahead of Chubb when it comes to BPA especially if we are picking at 3.  I don't think it's a given he's the 1st. ER off the board.  If Barkley is there at 3 he becomes the sure pick and if not Nelson jumps in front of Chubb although I would rather trade back a few spots to take Nelson.  Edmunds moves ahead of Chubb IMO.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The Combine is a joke

That is your opinion.

The NFL hosts the combine every year because they believe it is a very important part of the draft-season process. 

I believe it is Extremely important. 

Glenn, Dilger and Harrison were here. We drafted Manning in 1998 and did not draft Wayne until a few years later. 

We had no defense at all. We only had 2 good offensive lineman, Glenn and Meadows. 

Go back and look at how many players we brought in through free agency in 1998 and 1999. 

That is what I said and you didn’t answer my question 

Just now, richard pallo said:

PFF has him rated the 21st. player overall.  Landry is at 9  and they have Davenport also rated higher than Chubb.  I'm sure he's a solid player but I really question him in the top 5 rankings now.  I have always like Landry better because he reminds me so much of Freeney.  His down year this year was due to his injury.  Davenport actually reminds me of Mathis. I can see a number of players rated ahead of Chubb when it comes to BPA especially if we are picking at 3.  I don't think it's a given he's the 1st. ER off the board.  If Barkley is there at 3 he becomes the sure pick and if not Nelson jumps in front of Chubb although I would rather trade back a few spots to take Nelson.  Edmunds moves ahead of Chubb IMO.

Agree!!!!

11 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

7.37 is pretty bad for the three cone drill. Not sure what to make of this after that impressive forty. To me his 24 reps was below average also. Bothersome 

24 reps for a guy with his arm length is fine.  That can always be addressed in the wieght room anyway.  The drills are worrisome I agree.

That is your opinion.

The NFL hosts the combine every year because they believe it is a very important part of the draft-season process. 

I believe it is Extremely important. 

Coaches and Scouts rely much more on Fïlm and personal interviews

That is what I said and you didn’t answer my question 

I am not sure what your question is then. 

The fact is that Bill Polian spent a TON on free agency early in his Indy career. And he had to. Much like Chris Ballard has to now, and for the same reasons. 

But that was a side-note to the real discussion going on anyway. Not sure why this is even going that far away form the actual topic. your facts are wrong about the past, and you need look up the history, because you are all over the place with things. 

When it comes to this draft, there is literally no way we can take Chubb at No. 3 now. It would be irresponsible. It's too much of a risk. Especially when Saquon Barkley is sitting there. And if Barkley is off the board then we have a bidding war that could buy us a championship. 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Coaches and Scouts rely much more on Fïlm and personal interviews

Coaches and scouts are looking for a reason not to take a player at No. 3 overall. 

An Edge rusher running a 7.37 3-Cone pretty much does their job for them. 

Better not draft Darnold then because he didn’t work out

Yeah. Funny thing about that. When you are the stud, you don't have to workout. 

I am not happy that he decided not to workout, but he is the No 1 overall pick so what does he have to gain?

And make no mistake about it. Sam Darnold is the No. 1 overall pick in this draft. 

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

No, it is where truths are over exaggerated. The film is where the truth comes out. These guys arent even running in pads.

You can choose to ignore history all you want to..

OR

Hear me out, because this might be a tough concept for some people. You could look at what history tells us. 

Go tell me how many Edge Rushers who ran a 7.37 3-Cone have been drafted in the top 3.....

There is a reason for that. A Damn Good reason for that.

Yeah. Funny thing about that. When you are the stud, you don't have to workout. 

I am not happy that he decided not to workout, but he is the No 1 overall pick so what does he have to gain?

And make no mistake about it. Sam Darnold is the No. 1 overall pick in this draft. 

You can’t have it both ways

You can’t have it both ways

How do you mean both ways?

On one hand a player is trying to improve his stock. On the other the players stock is already predetermined. 

It is the way it works.