Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradley Chubb 3-Cones at 7.37

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven’t researched this, but if memory serves me correctly Terrell Suggs didn’t test well at the combine years back. With that being said, the rest is history. I see similarities in Suggs and Chubb. Really not to worried due to the fact Chubb has a non stop motor.

Just now, Shive said:

As a pure pass rusher, sure, but as a 3 down DE, not a chance.

We need a pure pass rusher more than we need a run stopping defensive end. You can’t teach Landry’s bend and get off. You can teach Chubb’s hand technique. 

2 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

We need a pure pass rusher more than we need a run stopping defensive end. You can’t teach Landry’s bend and get off. You can teach Chubb’s hand technique. 

Lots of the smaller pass rushers have been busts or disappointments the last few yrs.  I know, because I loved most of them lol

5 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

And that is exactly the point. 

You hit it right on the head. 

We could literally trade back into the first round and get a better Edge prospect than Chubb. I see that as a real possibility now. 

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Darn Chubb!

The 3 cone & short shuttle bit Disappointing! Those were drills we wanted you to score well in incase we Draft you which I think we will.

Draft Chubb at 3?

i don't see it. I see Ballard as a Bill Polian clone. No way Polian would touch an Edge player who ran a 7.37 3-cone at No. 3 overall. Not a chance in hell Polian would do that. Could I be wrong about Chris Ballard? Sure. But I don't think I am. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It is a big deal man. If he had ran a 7.1 then it's an easier choice, but 7.37 is really bad. 

its not a big deal. So that just erases all the film and everything? That's ridiculous

Just now, krunk said:

its not a big deal. So that just erases all the film and everything? That's ridiculous

It is a number that translates to the NFL. It is a proven predictor of how Edge players will translate to the NFL. 

It is always the case? No. But most of the time it is. 

I doubt Bradley Chubb is going in the top 5 because of this drill. There is a scenario in my mind where a team might be willing to take Edmunds in front of him now. Maybe even Davenport is the first Edge player off the board. 

This is really bad for Bradley Chubb. It sucks for him. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Draft Chubb at 3?

i don;t see it. I see Ballard as a Bill Polian clone. No way Polian would touch an Edge player who ran a 7.37 3-cone at No. 3 overall. Not a chance in hell Polian would do that. Could I be wrong about Chris Ballard? Sure. But I don't think I am. 

It's what I've been saying. Chubb's floor is high. He will be a good, solid all around DE. But the ceiling is questionable as to him being a very good pass rusher. When it comes to pass rushing, he's no Freeny, Mathis, von Miller. 

I'd also rather trade down than draft him at #3.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. He tests better than everyone thought in the 40 but everyone is hung up on the 3 cone. 

Who runs around 3 cones unimpeded in a football game anywhere? No way in the hell do I let that make my determination.

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

Lol, we go from his 40 time where Twitter blows up saying he could end up a #2 overall, to his 3 cone time where now people here are saying he's no good now. Busy day in crazytown.

Welcome to the NFL Combine. It is where the truths come out. :D 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It is a number that translates to the NFL. It is a proven predictor of how Edge players will translate to the NFL. 

It is always the case? No. But most of the time it is. 

I doubt Bradley Chubb is going in the top 5 because of this drill. There is a scenario in my mind where a team might be willing to take Edmunds in front of him now. Maybe even Davenport is the first Edge player off the board. 

This is really bad for Bradley Chubb. It sucks for him. 

Blue that's flat out ridiculous

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's what I've been saying. Chubb's floor is high. He will be a good, solid all around DE. But the ceiling is questionable as to him being a very good pass rusher. When it comes to pass rushing, he's no Freeny, Mathis, von Miller. 

I'd also rather trade down than draft him at #3.

Yeah. You are absolutely correct. That is why we have these drills at the combine. It helps tell the story. 

In my mind, there is no scenario where we take Chubb at No. 3 overall now. 

Just now, krunk said:

Blue that's flat out ridiculous

Time has shaped the way front offices think about this. In today's NFL teams cannot afford to use a No. 3 overall pick on a great run defender. This is a passing league and if you take a defender in the top 5, then he better be able to be destructive in the passing game. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. You are absolutely correct. That is why we have these drills at the combine. It helps tell the story. 

In my mind, there is no scenario where we take Chubb at No. 3 overall now. 

If we trade down to #6 woth Jets and 2 additional 2nd rd. picks. Would you get him at #6?

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If we trade down to #6 woth Jets and 2 additional 2nd rd. picks. Would you get him at #6?

I think there is a VERY good chance that Chubb will be there at No. 6 now. He might fall further than that. 

I would take Nelson over him in a heartbeat at No. 6 though. 

14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Draft Chubb at 3?

i don't see it. I see Ballard as a Bill Polian clone. No way Polian would touch an Edge player who ran a 7.37 3-cone at No. 3 overall. Not a chance in hell Polian would do that. Could I be wrong about Chris Ballard? Sure. But I don't think I am. 

How is Ballard a Polian clone?

Just now, krunk said:

The same guy that you saw out producing all these others with a so called higher 3 cone they are now better. I guarantee you nothing will change.

These drills takes everything out of the equation. Such as the talent level they played against and the type talent they played with. 

This 3-Cone just changed Chubb's life.