Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts on Short List for Jarvis Landry Trade

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Are you insane?! I love Hilton. He’s my favorite receiver. I even have one of his jerseys, but no way is he 3. And no way is Landry top 5 haha. Ask anyone that’s not biased. 

To be honest I wanted to be all the way real about how I truly feel and put him #1. I can admit when it comes to the Ghost I'm a homer. He's the best IMO and before you show me AB or Julio's stats or pretty much anyone. Let me stop you and say don't waste your time lol. It won't sway my opinion. Ghost. #13:goat:

I just can't get behind paying #1 money to a slot WR, especially since Landry isn't the best slot WR.

Statistically, he's not better than Julian Edelman, Doug Baldwin, Adam Thielen, or Golden Tate.

He's not bad any means, but he doesn't deserve top WR money. He has an elite number of reception, but he also has a pedestrian conversion rate, meaning a lot of those receptions don't result in a first down. Don't get so caught up on the stats of his receptions that you don't pay attention to the effect he has or doesn't have on the outcome of the game.

Jarvis Landry isn't the guy you look to when you need a WR to take over a game and win it for you.

54 minutes ago, Shive said:

I just can't get behind paying #1 money to a slot WR, especially since Landry isn't the best slot WR.

Statistically, he's not better than Julian Edelman, Doug Baldwin, Adam Thielen, or Golden Tate.

He's not bad any means, but he doesn't deserve top WR money. He has an elite number of reception, but he also has a pedestrian conversion rate, meaning a lot of those receptions don't result in a first down. Don't get so caught up on the stats of his receptions that you don't pay attention to the effect he has or doesn't have on the outcome of the game.

Jarvis Landry isn't the guy you look to when you need a WR to take over a game and win it for you.

I actually thin Watkins is the target.  They are waiting to see if he hits FA.  He's young, a deep threat, runs great routes, and is a great blocker.  Fits all the boxes.  If he gets free I think we're going after him. 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:08 AM, a06cc said:

Rather re-sign Moncrief. Honestly we have too many holes. I’m not giving up no higher than a 2nd. That’s also with the hopes we plan to trade down and pick up another 2nd round pick. 

Moncrief even with Luck is way too inconsistent.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I actually thin Watkins is the target.  They are waiting to see if he hits FA.  He's young, a deep threat, runs great routes, and is a great blocker.  Fits all the boxes.  If he gets free I think we're going after him. 

I'd MUCH prefer Watkins. If he can stay healthy, he's a very good WR.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

That will never happen.  It would be for a mid rd. pick. and maybe a player. TJ. Green?

You're delusional if you think Miami would take on Green. 

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I'd MUCH prefer Watkins. If he can stay healthy, he's a very good WR.

Same, but that injury history is concerning.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Colts don't need both. I doubt Robinson leaves the Jags.

We need that big 6'3 number 1 type. You're right. We don't need both, but we have to cap room to do it. Hilton, Robinson, and Landry with Luck at QB gives us a top 3 offense prolly the best. But I'd love Robinson and some other cheaper receiver.. John Brown maybe. Or a vet like Amendola or Maclin etc. As for the draft there's some solid WR's that's gonna go RD's 3-5 and some gems, but I don't like this class of WR's at all.

30 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Sign Allen Robinson and trade for Jarvis Landry.

Fo thus snd you'd have three number one type receivers...   it would cost way too much money and would lead to unhappy players....

All these guys want to be...    THE MAN!!

They all want at least 5-6 catches a week on 8-10 targets...     and we haven't even started with your tight ends or throwing to  your backs, both of which Reich wants to do....

The idea may seem great on the internet, but it doesn't work in the real world...

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I'm with you. Watkins at $20M a year would be a great addition. What a joke.  lmao

Why do you write stuff like this?

There's no market for Watkins at that number.   It's not clear where his market even begins?   If I had to guess.  I'd say $10 mill per...   the next question would be how many years...

I think Watkins is the primary WR target.  We will know in a few days if he hits FA and I don't think he will break the bank.  I think we could also still bring in Landry.  Landry will get a nice contract but no where near he thinks he should get paid.  We could afford both and still get Norwell among other FA's. 

It's being reported that Landry is going to sign his franchise tag any time now.  That 16m or so goes right against their cap.  Miami is going to be really motivated to get a trade done now as if they weren't before.  We have the WR need and the space to make it happen.  We also have been one of the teams linked to him right from the get go.  I don't think it's going to take a high pick to make this deal and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he winds up being a Colt.  IMO we will know his new home very soon. 

#Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry is accepting the franchise tag and signing it imminently, source said. Based on talks with several interested teams, he's being viewed as a No. 1. WR. Signing locks him in with DeAndre Hopkins & Antonio Brown above $16M. Let the trade talks heat up.

For what it's worth......    in all the stories about a possible deal with Miami,   the Colts are not mentioned anymore.

It's Chicago.....     Now, that doesn't mean we're 100 percent out of it....   but I get the sense that perhaps we're not hot for a deal unless it's completely on our terms.....     and I don't think that's gonna happen.

So,  I'd say we're fishig elsewhere,  and I'm completely OK with that!          :thmup:

This thing about him taking the franchise tag is weird to me. This smells more of "nobody of the teams I met is willing to give me close to what I want long-term, so I will just take the 1 year prove it deal". Or am I missing something? 

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it's worth......    in all the stories about a possible deal with Miami,   the Colts are not mentioned anymore.

It's Chicago.....     Now, that doesn't mean we're 100 percent out of it....   but i'd get the sense that perhaps we're not hot for a deal unless it's completely on our terms.....     and I don't think that's gonna happen.

So,  I'd say we're fishig elsewhere,  and I'm completely OK with that!          :thmup:

tenor (8).gif

8 hours ago, stitches said:

This thing about him taking the franchise tag is weird to me. This smells more of "nobody of the teams I met is willing to give me close to what I want long-term, so I will just take the 1 year prove it deal". Or am I missing something? 

He can't talk to any teams about a deal yet, so that shouldn't be the issue. I think he's accepted that either he can accept the tag to play on it or get traded, or not accept it, hoping the Dolphins rescind the tag or he wouldn't play this season.

I just see his signing the tag as the next step in getting traded, maybe even that a trade partner has been found. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Why would the Bears deal a healthy 1,000-yard back on his rookie deal?

Rappaport said that rumor has no legs.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:26 AM, UKColt13 said:

Dolphins GM: ‘Want him?’

Ballard: ‘How much?’

Dolphins GM: ‘Pick switch in the first and....

Ballard: *hangs up*

I'd make the pick switch for Landry in a second.    Pro Bowl receiver in his prime.

We can get a quality player at '11' and we'd maximize our best asset, which is Andrew Luck

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

He can't talk to any teams about a deal yet, so that shouldn't be the issue. I think he's accepted that either he can accept the tag to play on it or get traded, or not accept it, hoping the Dolphins rescind the tag or he wouldn't play this season.

I just see his signing the tag as the next step in getting traded, maybe even that a trade partner has been found. 

I know. Why would that even been suggested.  Its not logic based.

9 minutes ago, Shive said:

From what I understand Miami has given his agent permission to talk to teams and try to find him a team to be traded to. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Shive said:

Wide receivers dont take over games. Quarterbacks do.  And we have that guy.

..Landry averages 16 games and 100 receptions a year....and I would disagree that he would not do that for us.

...since now he'd be  moving indoors with a QB better than what he's had.

With TY Hilton, we'd have two guys who defy man-to-man coverage.

We don't have to be cheap. We can afford him....and we'd get his best years (late 20s)

I don't know if theres anyone with his potential in the draft.

Since we don't need a QB, what's the downside of switching No.1 picks with Miami (#11) and getting a proven second Pro Bowl receiver at $15-$16 mil a year?

Edited by oldunclemark

20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..He averages 16 games and 100 receptions a year....and I would disagree that he would not do that for us.

With TY Hilton, we'd have tow guys who defy man-to-man coverage.

We don't have to be cheap. We can afford him....and we'd get his best years (late 20s)

Since we don't need a QB, what's the downside of switching No,.1 picks with Miami (#11) and getting a proven second Pro Bowl receiver at $15-$16 mil a year?

tenor (10).gif

9 hours ago, stitches said:

I think it puts even more pressure on Miami to trade him because if they don't they have to pay him 16m or so for 2018. That brings Miami's asking price down because they want to move on and need the cap space especially after acquiring Quinn.  It could also mean Landry has found a deal with a team or two and now that he's signed the tag he can be dealt.  I think he's traded quickly now.  I hope it's us for a mid rounder.

38 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..Landry averages 16 games and 100 receptions a year....and I would disagree that he would not do that for us.

With TY Hilton, we'd have two guys who defy man-to-man coverage.

Since we don't need a QB, what's the downside of switching No.1 picks with Miami (#11) and getting a proven second Pro Bowl receiver at $15-$16 mil a year?

Landry can play literally one position on the field. He has no versatility to move around, because he's really slow for a WR. He's shown he can create separation on short to intermediate routes by his superior route running. He has also shown that despite his knack for racking up a or of receptions, his conversion rate isn't impressive at all. He may move the ball, but he doesn't move the chains.

I don't believe you pay top WR money to a guy that not only isn't a top WR, but isn't even the best slot WR.

Don't get me wrong, I like Landry. I just don't like the $$ he's looking for. You say we can afford it, so we should just do it. I say I'd much rather take a guy like Chubb at 3, improve our defense, and use that cap space to bring in quality defensive pieces and OL help. The conference championships this year showed how an amazing defense goes a long way. We need a better defense. We have a QB in Luck that can make the WR's around him better. We don't need a repeat of the Manning days of tying up most of our cap space on offense and fielding a scrapyard defense.

Tell me the last team that had $30m/yr tied up by 2 WR's and won a SB.

My issue with Landry is the money. We've never paid that type of money to our slot receiver ever. Not even when Peyton was here. I dont quite see why we can't find another Brandon Stokley somewhere. I like that old setup. Plus we had Dallas Clark who you could also play in the slot.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

My issue with Landry is the money. We've never paid that type of money to our slot receiver ever. Not even when Peyton was here. I dont quite see why we can't find another Brandon Stokley somewhere. I like that old setup. Plus we had Dallas Clark who you could also play in the slot.

They all want more money but that doesn't mean he is going to get it.  If Robinson and Watkins get free that's going to change everything.  I can see Watkins complementing TY like Wayne did for Harrison.  And I could see Burton coming in like Dallas and also playing the slot. We have a real opportunity to help Luck with a few receivers and OL in FA.