Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts on Short List for Jarvis Landry Trade

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/3/1/17069966/colts-reportedly-on-short-list-of-teams-to-watch-in-potential-acquisition-of-jarvis-landry

what do y’all think?

maybe swap our number 3 pick for him, their 11 pick and maybe their 2nd round pick. 

Actually, I misread your post.  I thought you meant give them our 3 and our 2nd for Landry and their 11th. 

I'd be opened  slightly to it if that was the offer.  to drop out of the top ten though I'd want to be greedy at least ask for an additional 4th, I'd also be very hopeful one of the stud OL is there at 11.

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV on his show today said he heard the Colts were interested in Landry. Id like to have him, but not at the expense of trading back from #3. I'd give the the Marcus Peters deal, a 4th and future 2nd maybe.

That deal right there I'd be completely on board with. 

I'd demand that Miami give up their 2019 1st instead of their 2nd this year to make this even a consideration. Then I'd do what I need to in order to secure getting OG Quenton Nelson at 11 overall, or possibly moving up a few picks to get him or Chubb if he slid a bit.

I think this is the same story that floated around here a day or two ago...

I think Stampede Blue is just re-packaging it....   I'm personally not wild about this deal unless Landry is signed to a reasonable 5-year deal...   that said, the idea of having our two wide receivers be 5'9" and 5'11" doesn't thrill me one bit...

So I'm not convinced....

38 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/3/1/17069966/colts-reportedly-on-short-list-of-teams-to-watch-in-potential-acquisition-of-jarvis-landry

what do y’all think?

maybe swap our number 3 pick for him, their 11 pick and maybe their 2nd round pick. 

Colts would need to receive more than a second round pick to make the trade worth it.

1 minute ago, SolidGold said:

He is a elite WR. Who do you consinder elite ?

Colts don't need an elite WR, just a good #2. Any receiver in the draft, or someone like Robinson or Richardson would fit the bill.

Just now, SolidGold said:

What's your standards for elite ?

Hes an elite slot receiver. But as NCF stated above, we would have two small starting receivers. I’m only paying the kind of money that Landry wants to a dominate outside receiver that we currently don’t have.

1 minute ago, BPindy said:

Hes an elite slot receiver. But as NCF stated above, we would have two small starting receivers. I’m only paying the kind of money that Landry wants to a dominate outside receiver that we currently don’t have.

One of those small receivers led the lead in yards and unstoppable one on one. Landry I believe holds a nfl record. Hilton is moved to the slot at times because he's elite. But he was drafted to play the outside which he currently has on lock.

5 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Size doesn't matter when your better than the man defending you.

6 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

One of those small receivers led the lead in yards and unstoppable one on one. Landry I believe holds a nfl record. Hilton is moved to the slot at times because he's elite. But he was drafted to play the outside which he currently has on lock.

Led the* league *

39 minutes ago, BPindy said:

It’s not really the cost of acquiring him that people have a problem with (mostly), it’s the contract he’s going to want.

I think a combination of both. No one wants to swap first rounders for a WR that will cost that much and who might not stay.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Bizarro world.

i would hurl at 5yrs at $12M per for a 5th round pic
Landry is not what we are looking for this off season. JMO

Nope. Not at all. Why would we be looking for a elite wr that can actually catch the ball besides Hilton.. Nope don't need him at all.:sarcasm:

15 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

Im not debating that Landry would help the offense. I just don’t think he’d help 13-14 mil+ worth as opposed to building the defense/Oline. 

13 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

you know it. Well put.
Hilton runs about 65% of his plays from the slot.
And has 5 big yardage games a season and largely disappears the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

you know it. Well put.
And has 5 big yardage games a season and largely disappears the rest of the season.

With or without Luck ? Was the oline blocking ?

51 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV on his show today said he heard the Colts were interested in Landry. Id like to have him, but not at the expense of trading back from #3. I'd give them the Marcus Peters deal, a 4th and future 2nd maybe.

All that would do is force him to look elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

you know it. Well put.

And it doesn't help when he's the only threat so defenses key in on him. Who was the other wr that demanded a double team ?

15 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I think a combination of both. No one wants to swap first rounders for a WR that will cost that much and who might not stay.

He would have to do a sign and trade. Colts would be stupid to gamble the money to re sign him especially after trading or giving them the #3 draft pick.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

He would have to do a sign and trade. Colts would be stupid to gamble the money to re sign him especially after trading or giving them the #3 draft pick.

Yeah, sign and trade. If he guarantees that he'll sign or Ballard is confident he can get him to a new contract, then it'd be better.

I doubt any trade talks with Landry would heavily involve a swap of the 3rd and 11th pick. If Miami is trying to move up to take a QB, why would they move up to 3 NOW? If they're moving up, it likely means there's a passer they're interested in. But if you jump up to 3, two months before the draft starts, you'd risk one of CLE or NYG taking your guy.

Also, and I may be wrong, but didn't Landry mostly play in the slot?

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yeah, sign and trade. If he guarantees that he'll sign or Ballard is confident he can get him to a new contract, then it'd be better.

I am not too sure if Ballard would give much credence to an unsigned guarantees. Not after the circus ending of McNoNuts.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I doubt any trade talks with Landry would heavily involve a swap of the 3rd and 11th pick. If Miami is trying to move up to take a QB, why would they move up to 3 NOW? If they're moving up, it likely means there's a passer they're interested in. But if you jump up to 3, two months before the draft starts, you'd risk one of CLE or NYG taking your guy.

He's a slot machine.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not too sure if Ballard would give much credence to an unsigned guarantees. Not after the circus ending of McNoNuts.

McDaniels is most likely a rare case. Landry doesn't have a history of bad behavior, and I doubt he'd risk his career to flake on a team.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

The right offensive scheme would move Landry and Hilton in the right positions for both to be effective.

15 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I don't think they have a QB in mind if they got the 3rd pick in a trade. They could be eyeing Barkley or Chubb for them selves. It seems it is Landry is the one who ask for the trade. They made a huge mistake trading Ajayi for a 4th round pick. They may be for sure eyeing Barkley if he is still there a t#3. If not pretty much any player of their choice will be there.

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

what do y’all think?

Hard pass on that deal. HARD! 

If they take a 4th we can think about it. As others have mentioned - the cost is not only what we have to give to Miami... it's also what it would take to sign him long-term. Reports are he wants to be the best paid receiver in the league. This is not a price you pay for a slot receiver. Yes, he's an elite slot receiver, but he's still a slot receiver.