Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Combine - OTs/RBs/STs Testing

Here's the schedule. It seems like the day 1 groups are doing their bench press today. Some results are already coming in. I will post them below and I will post 

Day one arrivals: Group 1(PK, ST, OL), Group 2(OL), and Group 3(RB)

Tuesday, February 27th - Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Overflow Testing ~ Orientation ~ Interviews

Wednesday, February 28th Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Overflow Testing ~ Interviews

Thursday, March 1st - Psychological Testing ~ NFLPA Meeting ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Media ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews

Friday, March 2nd On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day two arrivals: Group 4 (QB, WO), Group 5(QB, WO), Group 6(TE)

Wednesday, February 28th - Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Overflow Testing ~ Orientation ~ Interviews

Thursday, March 1st Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Overflow Testing ~ Interviews

Friday, March 2nd - Psychological Testing ~ NFLPA Meeting ~ Media ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews

Saturday, March 3rd On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day three arrivals: Group 7(DL), Group 8 (DL), and Group 9(LB)

Thursday, March 1st - Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Overflow Testing ~ Orientation ~ Interviews

Friday, March 2nd Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Overflow Testing ~ Interviews

Saturday, March 3rd - Psychological Testing ~ NFLPA Meeting ~ Media ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews

Sunday, March 4th On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day four arrivals: Group 10(DB), and Group 11(DB)

Friday, March 2nd - Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Overflow Testing ~ Orientation ~ Interviews

Saturday, March 3rd Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Overflow Testing ~ Interviews

Sunday, March 4th - Psychological Testing ~ NFLPA Meeting ~ Media ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews

Monday, March 5th On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

First bench press results are coming in:

Kolton Miller 24

Connor Williams 26

Quenton Nelson 35

Mike McGlinchey 27

Braden Smith 35

Frank Ragnow 26

Billy Price - walked away from the station holding his shoulder after 4 reps. Seems like he got injured. Hope not seriously

Chuckwuma Okorafor 19

Brian O'Neill 22

Timon Parris 22

Scott Quessenberry 25

Wyatt Teller 30

Toby Weathersby 28

Sean Welsh 20

Will Hernandez 37

Orlando Brown 14

Tyrell Crosby 17

James Daniels 21

Jamil Demby 17

Colby Gossett 32

Here's a tracker to follow numbers: 

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018OL.php

11 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Have to think that hurts his stock unless he can improve upon that greatly at his pro-day.

He has long arms so that's part if it IMO. It's harder for the long-armed players to do the benchpress. Still not great thought. 

I guess this one has to go in the column of "if it doesn't show on tape it doesn't matter"... I haven't noticed him lacking strength at all on tape... so.... 

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Anybody got a link to measurements? Seems a lot should be done already as far as Ht Wt? Do long jump and verticle count as measurables or drills?

Here's a thread for the measurements:

Also, you can see them summarized on those two trackers:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/nfl-scouting-combine-2018-player-measurement-tracker/

or

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018RB.php

Orlando Brown:

10 yard split: 2.00

40 dash: 5.86 -> 5.77 second run... 

OUCH! 

Alex Cappa 1.87/5.36 (expected better)

Geron Christian 5.34

Will Clapp: 1.88/5.4

Mason Cole: 1.78/5.23

Austin Corbett 1.76/5.15 -> he's been getting some 3d/4th round grades

Tyrell Crosby: 1.86/5.24 - > I like Crosby - good testing for a player who had questions with athleticism.

Desmond Harrison 1.79/4.9 -> first one under 5.. 

Will Hernandez 1.76/5.14 !!!! Real nice!

Jamarco Jones 1.95/5.35

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Orlando Brown:

10 yard split: 2.00

40 dash: 5.86 -> 5.77 second run... 

OUCH! 

Alex Cappa 1.87/5.36 (expected better)

Geron Christian 5.34

Will Clapp: 1.88/5.4

Mason Cole: 1.78/5.23

Austin Corbett 1.76/5.15 -> he's been getting some 3d/4th round grades

Tyrell Crosby: 1.86/5.24 - > I like Crosby - good testing for a player who had questions with athleticism.

Desmond Harrison 1.79/4.9 -> first one under 5.. 

Will Hernandez 1.76/5.14 !!!! Real nice!

Jamarco Jones 1.95/5.35

Brown is not doing himself any favors, he looks slow.  When I saw him play at Oklahoma he looked better.

Second group of OLinemen about to run:

Jaryd Jones-Smith 1.77/5.27 - > super long 

Quenton Nelson pulled a hamstring while warming up - won't run 40, will try to do the rest. 

K.J. Malone - I missed this one

Kolton Miller - 1.67/4.98 -> he's testing very well, set the record in the broad jump

Joseph Noteboom 1.72/4.96

Chukwuma Okorafor 1.88/5.32 - expected a bit better testing

Brian O'Neill - 1.67/4.80 - damn... he's athletic... I didn't like him at the Senior Bowl but he is athletic

Brandon Parker 1.83/5.45

Skyler Phillips 1.76/5.09

Scott Quessenberry 1.76/5.10 

Will Richardson 1.84/5.22

Greg Senat 1.87/5.38

Coleman Shelton 1.82/5.24

Braden Smith 1.80/5.21 - Solid

Rod Taylor 1.83/5.30

Wyatt Teller 1.85/5.30 - Colts met with him at the combine

Salesi Uhatafe 1.84/5.40

Toby Weathersby 1.88/5.35

Sean Welsh 1.88/5.45

Connor Williams 1.76/5.06 - good run for Williams. 

Posted this in the other thread - Very interested to see Pitt’s OT Brian O’Neill’s workout numbers. He was a hoops player of the year in hs and played wr. Pitt recruited him as a TE and then he converted to OT. He produced on the field,   and has a ton of upside & expect him to test well. 

Just now, bertjones7 said:

Posted this in the other thread - Very interested to see Pitt’s OT Brian O’Neill’s workout numbers. He was a hoops player of the year in hs and played wr. Pitt recruited him as a TE and then he converted to OT. He produced on the field,   and has a ton of upside & expect him to test well. 

O’Neill just posted the fastest OL time with a 4.80 40

Just now, bertjones7 said:

He's killing it. Testing off the charts so far. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's killing it. Testing off the charts so far. 

I’m much older than him, but attended the same hs (Salesianum) in Delaware. Been following his career including attending state championships in basketball and football. I expected him to test very well.  In 2016, he had scored a couple of tds for Pitt in which you could really see his athleticism. 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Go figure... gets hurt on the Indy turf....  I think it's time to tear LOS down. :peek:

Maybe he watched some of those impressive 40 times and figured he would just shut it down since he is expected top 10 prospect.

37 minutes ago, stitches said:

^ this is not good. He also jumped under 7 feet at the broad jump and under 20 at the vertical. This is the worst combine performance in the history of the combine. 

Yup, sounds like he could fall all the way to the 4th. I probably wouldn't even touch him if I'm Ballard though, seems similar to Banner in that he's massive but unathletic.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

^ this is not good. He also jumped under 7 feet at the broad jump and under 20 at the vertical. This is the worst combine performance in the history of the combine. 

loafing?!  This kid is just plain stupid.  Here's his one chance to win the lottery and he's slacking off. 

Not that it needs repeating, but this is such a solid year for RB's and OL, or specifically interior OL.

More and more I think the Browns or Giants, IMO probably the Giants, take Barkley at #1 or #2. If Chubb tests really well though I could see the Giants choosing between Barkley/Chubb though.

RBs about to run 40s. I will be posting the unofficial results here in the format 40 yard dash:

Kalen Ballage 4.46

Saquon Barkley 4.41

Nick Chubb 4.53

Lavon Coleman 4.66

Justin Crawford 4.65

Chase Edmonds 4.57

Donnie Ernsberger (FB/TE) 4.84

Dimitri Flowers 4.83

Jarvion Franklin ? 

Royce Freeman 4.59

Derrius Guice 4.49

Kyle Hicks 4.64

Nyheim Hines 4.39 -> intriguing RB... he's versatile and can lineup at WR and slot too

Justin Jackson 4.50

Ronald Jones II - pulled a hamstring it seems... 4.66

John Kelly 

Sony Michel 4.58

Ryan Nall 4.67

Rashaad Penny 4.47

Kamryn Pettway 4.75

Demario Richard 4.71

Bo Scarbrough 4.61 -> 4.52 in the second run.

Roc Thomas 4.56

Akrum Wadley 4.59

Mark Walton 4.64

Chris Warren III 4.70

Darrel Williams 4.72