Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Behind the Scenes NFL Combine

I am part of the support team for the hotel which is hosting the NFL and players, just a couple snaps from around the area

WMI8cyn.jpg

1MA52eZ.jpg

Inside the Eagles room, was setting up a wired connection for the team

4KUiSNl.jpg

3h8HIWq.jpg

BYKGokE.jpg

ZvMQkJC.jpg

Hello Iron Horse, an old Speak Easy from the 1920's. If you have to ask how much it is to use this bar: You cannot afford it

4F4QxAL.jpg

kll6WEV.jpg

Was told to me this is a tunnel used for smuggling alcohol in. Reportedly theres tunnels going to the Stadium as well.

NBG04HT.jpg

huwWOqn.jpg

69QRFd8.jpg

zXkjtIW.jpg

17tnOPW.jpg

That's pretty cool thanks for the pics!

So when teams meet to interview a player they meet them in a hotel?  

For some reason I always thought there was some sort of rooms in the bowls of Lucas Oil Stadium for that purpose or maybe they where using the press boxes.

They may meet at both, but the hotel is certainly setup for it. Each team has a room in the main lobby, so it would be very easy for a single player to make a round. 

Interesting fact: the Linemen showed up early and got the dinner. Holy % they're massive dudes, and I'm not small myself 

48 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

They may meet at both, but the hotel is certainly setup for it. Each team has a room in the main lobby, so it would be very easy for a single player to make a round. 

Interesting fact: the Linemen showed up early and got the dinner. Holy % they're massive dudes, and I'm not small myself 

I remember going to Colts camp one year at Anderson and you could get pretty close to the field at that time and I remember the same thing.  

You think of them as just really muscular guys but they are also really tall.  I'm 6'1" and they towered over me.  

And those guys might have just been camp fodder cause I couldn't identify them while I could identify several starters including starters on the OL from much further away.  

Bet they eat a lot too. 

Also remember Matt Hasselbeck making a quick step up into the pocket at one point that was so fast and smooth I was floored that a guy that was close to 10 years older then me could move like that.  (Because I knew I couldn't)