Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we undervaluing the QBs this year?

I've seen a few posters say that the first few picks in the draft will be non-QBs.  I'm wondering if we, as Colts fans, are undervaluing the QB prospects this year because we have Andrew Luck.  A healthy Luck negates our need for a QB, so we can throw the QBs out the window when building our draft-board.  As a Colts fan, I see the best three players as Barkley, Nelson, and Chubb, in that order.  (You can reverse that order for the Colts team-needs, but it is what it is)

I think a fan of the Browns, Jets, Broncos or Cardinals might view this draft a little differently than a Colts fan.  A team that doesn't have a franchise-QB like Luck will probably have a few QBs at the top of their draft-board.  As good as I think Barkley, Nelson, and Chubb are, I just can't see any of them being the #1 overall pick because of the premium placed on possible franchise-QBs.  It seems more likely to me that QBs are taken with the first 3 picks, and then we get into the real meat-n-potatoes of the draft.

With 4 possible franchise QBs in the 1st round (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield), the Browns, Broncos, Jets, Cardinals, and Bills will likely be the teams that plot the course of the 1st round since they won't want to be the team that missed out on all four QBs.  Hopefully the Colts can sit back, trade down, collect picks, and make out like bandits.

:thmup: