Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

would this be a good idea?

having a plan in FA that will work with our draft that only seeks to solve 2 problems  (note not 2 positions but 2 problems)1

for example: the running game/pass protection: we would need a great rb therefore Barkley first round

we in this case would also need to use our 2nd pick on best G on the board

this will make our priority in FA the best G and RT

3rd pick then should be best wr so as you can see we are really selling out on the O side of the ball

The Problem: if the browns take Barkley----then since we have invested in FA with starting G and RT we the should take Nelson 1st rd and take a rb with 2nd pick

next year we could work on the D side of the ball, but with this idea if we get Luck back healthy we should have a great O

29 minutes ago, reidaj1812 said:

having a plan in FA that will work with our draft that only seeks to solve 2 problems  (note not 2 positions but 2 problems)1

for example: the running game/pass protection: we would need a great rb therefore Barkley first round

3rd pick then should be best wr so as you can see we are really selling out on the O side of the ball

The Problem: if the browns take Barkley----then since we have invested in FA with starting G and RT we the should take Nelson 1st rd and take a rb with 2nd pick

next year we could work on the D side of the ball, but with this idea if we get Luck back healthy we should have a great O

Well....    at first glance, this jumps out at me....

You devote both the majority of both free agency and the draft to one side of the ball.   This early in the rebuilding of a franchise,  I don't see that happening.   

I wouldnt rule it out 100 percent, but pretty close.   Ballard's background is defense... the idea of him paying very little attention to that side of the ball seems pretty unlikely.

4 hours ago, reidaj1812 said:

We also need to acquire a good wr in FA, we are very thin at the position. JMV said We only have 2 receivers currently on roster that have ever caught a pass in the nfl. And I'm assuming one of them is chester rogers.

39 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Which part? Ballard has said he's open to trade downs, and I don't recall anything about free agency, other than he'd like to spend a lot of the cap.

He said he wanted to build through the draft. Naturally there has to be free agents signed to bring players in as band aids till those player develop.

16 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We also need to acquire a good wr in FA, we are very thin at the position. JMV said We only have 2 receivers currently on roster that have ever caught a pass in the nfl. And I'm assuming one of them is chester rogers.

Yes I do agree with that. I mentioned a 3rd wr but we would need to pick up a more elite wr in FA to go with TY and Chester (as 3rd or 4th option)

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    at first glance, this jumps out at me....

You devote both the majority of both free agency and the draft to one side of the ball.   This early in the rebuilding of a franchise,  I don't see that happening.   

I wouldnt rule it out 100 percent, but pretty close.   Ballard's background is defense... the idea of him paying very little attention to that side of the ball seems pretty unlikely.

I think we should go after that MLB from the cowboys (forget his name) and spend our 4th 5th and 6th picks on D.

we will not be able to find an elite Edge Rusher in FA and Chubb may already be gone at our #3 but even if he is there we should go with the elite RB or Nelson to fix one side of the ball

think about it---if our O last year was able to score more points (and convert 3rd downs) we would have won more than 10 games