Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comp Picks Awarded - Set Draft Order (for Colts)

As expected, Colts have no comp picks this year. 

Coin flip still to decide 49ers and Raiders. 

Colts are picking 3, 36, 67, 104, 140, 178, and 221.

NFL Draft Order

Compensatory Draft Picks Awarded

Third Round
97. Cardinals
98. Texans
99. Broncos
100. Bengals

Fourth Round
133. Packers
134. Cardinals
135. Giants
136. Patriots
137. Cowboys

Fifth Round
170. Bengals
171. Cowboys
172. Packers
173. Cowboys
174. Packers

Sixth Round
207. Packers
208. Cowboys
209. Chiefs
210. Raiders
211. Texans
212. Raiders
213. Vikings
214. Texans
215. Ravens
216. Raiders
217. Raiders
218. Vikings

Seventh Round
251. Chargers
252. Bengals
253. Bengals
254. Cardinals
255. Buccaneers
256. Falcons

1 hour ago, ColtJ82 said:

I may not be thinking straight here, but why is it not pick 35 in the second round? 

Tied teams "cycle picks" beginning in round 2. Houston was the only other 4-12 team, so we should alternate with them (or whoever has the pick).

The Colts would be:

Round 1 - Pick #3

Round 2 - Pick #4

Round 3 - Pick #3

Round 4 - Pick #4

Round 5 - Pick #3

Round 6 - Pick #4

Round 7 - Pick #3

Looks like Football DungeonWalter Football, and Tankathon all have it the same way:

Round 1 - Pick #3

Round 2 - Pick #4

Round 3 - Pick #3

Round 4 - Pick #4

Round 5 - Pick #3

Round 6 - Pick #4

Round 7 - Pick #3

Barring trades, the Colts picks are set at: 3, 36, 67, 104, 140, 178, and 221.

For whatever it's worth...   the drafted trade value chart had us picking 3rd and not 4th in R4.

They show the Colts picking 103rd and not 104th overall.    Either way, it's not a big deal, just wanted to note the difference..

(Still hoping for a RB with that 4th R pick)

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fir whatever it's worth...   the drafted trade value chart had us picking 3rd and not 4th in R4.

They show the Colts picking 103rd and not 104th overall.    Either way, it's not a big deal, just wanted to note the difference..

(Still hoping for a RB with that 4th R pick)

Yeah. The NFL has not released anything "official" yet, so people are going off of past "commonly known" rules. At any time a new wrinkle to the rule could surface. 

I am pretty sure the Colts draft picks are set at : 3, 36, 67, 104, 140, 178, and 221.

We will see soon enough though.

I am not targeting any running back for any particular round, but some people look at it that way. I am not as big on positional value as most people are. I target the players I like, and if they are the BPA when it's time to roll, then I'd roll with them. 

I am not against taking Barkley at No. 3 or even moving back a couple of times and taking Guice. I am not against using our second on Ronald Jones, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, or Rashaad Penny. If the Colts front office like any of those players and they are the BPA on the Colts board then I am all for it. 

Same thing with guards. If the front office wants to move back and take Nelson then count me in as being pleased. There will probably be some good offensive line talent in the second round too. I won't even get mad if they double up on the OL in the first and the second. There is so much interior offensive line talent in this draft that some first round talent is going to fall.

I cannot image a scenario where James Daniels, Billy Price, Isaiah Wynn, and Frank Ragnow are all off the board when we pick at No. 36. In my opinion, all of them are either first round talents or pretty close to it. I might even add Connor Williams to the list of interior offensive linemen on my board soon. Depending on his arm-length at the combine, he might get kicked inside.

6 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Colts are picking 3, 36, 67, 104, 140, 178, and 221.

I actually appreciate our picks being laid out like this because I can cut & paste that order on my computer's desktop for easy reference when the draft rolls around. Thanks Blue Shoe. :hat:

I love when things are simple & straightforward with hardly any work required on my end. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I am not against taking Barkley at No. 3 or even moving back a couple of times and taking Guice. I am not against using our second on Ronald Jones, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, or Rashaad Penny. If the Colts front office like any of those players and they are the BPA on the Colts board then I am all for it. 

In all honesty, it will be nice when INDY finally hands in the draft card for #3 once & for all just to end the suspense for good. Whoever we take, I'll embrace because Ballard is the GM not Grigson anymore. 

I really respect what Cris did in Kansas City. He'll get our defense where it needs to be.

Besides, I've my thoughts clear on this pick in another thread. Enough said. 

Not that I watch ESPN draft coverage, but every once in awhile I did flip over there when NFL Network was on a commercial break. It's gonna be strange not seeing Jon Gruden there anymore. 

I always remember how CC1 got a kick out of watching Chucky's eyes light up like a Christmas tree on TV whenever he got excited over somebody. I'm gonna miss that depraved gleam in Gruden's eye too. :D

16 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Not that I watch ESPN draft coverage, but every once in awhile I did flip over there when NFL Network was on a commercial break. It's gonna be strange not seeing Jon Gruden there anymore. 

I always remember how CC1 got a kick out of watching Chucky's eyes light up like a Christmas tree on TV whenever he got excited over somebody. I'm gonna miss that depraved gleam in Gruden's eye too. :D

:D------Or how every player he has ever seen is going to be a pro bowl player!! 

17 hours ago, richard pallo said:

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

:D------Or how every player he has ever seen is going to be a pro bowl player!! 

Uh huh, Gruden was definitely known for that. No question.  I'd just say Jon, Jon, Jon; shake my head, & laugh. 

Hey, you actually watch the draft with the sound up? Only teasing brother since you like to watch games with the sound off. 

Sorry BlueShoe, I should be discussing draft selections for us. I usually wait for the best & brightest on here to tell me who we should be going after. Not my strong suit. Thanks for your commentary after the order of our picks though. I like reading your insights. 

"I am not against taking Barkley at No. 3 or even moving back a couple of times and taking Guice," 

Appreciate that. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Sorry BlueShoe, I should be discussing draft selections for us. I usually wait for the best & brightest on here to tell me who we should be going after. Not my strong suit. Thanks for your commentary after the order of our picks though. I like reading your insights. 

"I am not against taking Barkley at No. 3 or even moving back a couple of times and taking Guice," 

Appreciate that. 

No worries. You have nothing to apologize about. Thank you for the kind words. :)

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh, Gruden was definitely known for that. No question.  I'd just say Jon, Jon, Jon; shake my head, & laugh. 

Hey, you actually watch the draft with the sound up? Only teasing brother since you like to watch games with the sound off. 

Nah, I just watched bits and pieces later. Shoot, I can't sit that long without taking a nap. :spit: