Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spending a top-20 pick on a RB is one of the worst decisions a team can make

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would bet anything that Seattle never would've sniffed a SB without Lynch neither would've the Ravens without Rice in 2012. Rice saved their season with a 30 yard run on 4th and 29 at SD or they don't even make the Playoffs.

Never said any different but that shows that you do not necessarily draft a RB early 

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ray Rice 257 Carries nearly 1200 Yards, 61 Catches as well - Ravens win the SB in 2012, example 2. They didn't do RB by committee either. Flacco at QB and they win it all.

He split carries with Pierce in about 2:1 ratio in the playoffs.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just used 2 Great examples in Ray Rice in 2012 on the Ravens and Lynch on the 2013 Seahawks where the RB was the main reason why they won the SB. That is only going back 5 years. Not sure what else I can Post.

Was Lynch the main reason or all-time great defense?

Lynch had pretty identical season in 2011 and 2013. 2011, they miss the playoffs. 2013, they win the SB.

Rice had 3.6 per carry in the 2012 playoffs.

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown   

Be careful using SB and playoff stats to promote a player’s greatness because they are so many factors in those games that determine success and failurs

FE

The 1985 Patriots were a Good to Great team that looked a JV team in the SB because they played the Bears

9 minutes ago, Finball said:

Was Lynch the main reason or all-time great defense?

Rice had 3.6 per carry in the 2012 playoffs.

Rice took a ton of pressure off of Flacco and had 61 catches. He saved their season with a 30 Yard run as well. Surely you are not going to tell me that Seattle could've played their backup RB from the beginning of the season and win the SB. Lynch was a Beast and the leader of that Offense. They would've won 2 SB's had Wilson not got cute and threw the dumbest pass in SB history. Maybe the Coaches wanted Wilson to be the hero so they called a pass, I have no idea? But the play call and pass was the most ridiculous sequence I have ever seen lmao 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rice took a ton of pressure off of Flacco and had 61 catches. He saved their season with a 30 Yard run as well. Surely you are not going to tell me that Seattle could've played their backup RB from the beginning of the season and win the SB. Lynch was a Beast and the leader of that Offense. They would've won 2 SB's had Wilson not got cute and threw the dumbest pass in SB history. Maybe the Coaches wanted Wilson to be the hero so they called a pass, I have mo idea? But the play call and pass was the most ridiculous sequence I have ever seen lmao 

Rice took a lot of pressure of Flacco and he was a good player but he was largely ineffective in their most important games of the season; the last two. Biggest reason they won was a fluke run by Flacco.

Lynch was a big part why they won but not the main reason. They won 7 games with him until their D hit GOAT levels and they drafted Wilson.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rice took a ton of pressure off of Flacco and had 61 catches. He saved their season with a 30 Yard run as well. Surely you are not going to tell me that Seattle could've played their backup RB from the beginning of the season and win the SB. Lynch was a Beast and the leader of that Offense. They would've won 2 SB's had Wilson not got cute and threw the dumbest pass in SB history. Maybe the Coaches wanted Wilson to be the hero so they called a pass, I have mo idea? But the play call and pass was the most ridiculous sequence I have ever seen lmao 

Belichek called that pass play.

3 minutes ago, Finball said:

Rice took a lot of pressure of Flacco and he was a good player but he was largely ineffective in their most important games of the season; the last two. Biggest reason they won was a fluke run by Flacco.

Lynch was a big part why they won but not the main reason. They won 7 games with him until their D hit GOAT levels and they drafted Wilson.

I see your points but so many people act like RB's are irrelevant so I keep Posting a lot about why they are not. I am assuming you want Chubb at 3rd? or who do you want?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could not imagine being a Seahawks fan when that happened. I am very laid back and easy going but I think I would've kicked a hole in my TV after that nonsense. They gave away a Ring basically!

Same nonsense in super bowl vs falcons. Falcons Blew them out and then proceeded to give away the game.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Know that SB team well because of Alstott and Dilger

Yep. My roommate in colleges sister dated Mike and he was a Huge Bucs fan because of him. Like I’ve said you can build a team many ways. That thunder and lightening backfield was pretty special.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yep. My roommate in colleges sister dated Mike and he was a Huge Bucs fan because of him. Like I’ve said you can build a team many ways. That thunder and lightening backfield was pretty special.

Had several HS teammates that were big Purdue and MA fans and Dilger went to same HS that my Uncle taught at and was a Sectional Rival of mine

Man, this thread has longer legs than I expected...

I wouldn't be mad about Barkley, Chubb, or even Nelson at #3.  And I can see why people would be mad about taking any of those 3 at #3.  Too early to take a RB or G, and Chubb isn't the elite athlete like Von Miller.  But this draft is what it is, I just hope the Colts make the most of it.

Can we revisit this thread in 20 years when Barkley may/may not be entering the HoF wearing/not wearing a Colts jersey?

:dunno:

The thing I will leave on is what I keep coming back to. If you draft Barkley where are you going to find a pass rusher to fix that huge problem. Yes we have a hole at RB but we have a huge hole at DE too. I don’t see an elite pass rusher in rounds two and beyond. I do see elite quality runners that could be available and some very very good OL. I don’t think the gap from Barkley to say Guice or Jones or Sony Michel is as big as say a Chubb to a Harold Landry etc. 

Just now, dgambill said:

The thing I will leave on is what I keep coming back to. If you draft Barkley where are you going to find a pass rusher to fix that huge problem. Yes we have a hole at RB but we have a huge hole at DE too. I don’t see an elite pass rusher in rounds two and beyond. I do see elite quality runners that could be available and some very very good OL. I don’t think the gap from Barkley to say Guice or Jones or Sony Michel is as big as say a Chubb to a Harold Landry etc. 

If we take Chubb and then Guice or Michel in Round 2 that would still be a Great start to the Draft. We need O.line too though

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Not sure there is one available in FA either

20 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I wouldn't be mad about Barkley, Chubb, or even Nelson at #3.  And I can see why people would be mad about taking any of those 3 at #3.  Too early to take a RB or G, and Chubb isn't the elite athlete like Von Miller.  But this draft is what it is, I just hope the Colts make the most of it.

Can we revisit this thread in 20 years when Barkley may/may not be entering the HoF wearing/not wearing a Colts jersey?

Lol, I know.

I wasn't even going to click on it 'caus I knew how it would go.

41 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What happens 20 years from now don't help us win games next season. If we don't get a couple of pass rushers Barkley will have a hard time getting into the HOF on a losing team.