Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts have contacted Steelers about Martavis Bryant..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We have contacted them so he must be interested..just saying

These are rumors. And we've seen on more than one occasion with Ballard things turn out different than the rumor. I dont have an issue with the athlete because all boxes check. I have an issue with the maturity level of the kid who the Check would be handed to. Crying out in the media and all the suspensions. How much will we get out of him? I think Chris if involved at all is doing some vetting here to assess where we would rank him on our list of options. Could be wrong about this but I don't care. We need talent but we also need guys who make a positive contribution to the culture of what has been a losing team.

5 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We have contacted them so he must be interested..just saying

These are rumors. And we've seen on more than one occasion with Ballard things turn out different than the rumor. I dont have an issue with the athlete because all boxes check. I have an issue with the maturity level of the kid who the Check would be handed to. Crying out in the media and all the suspensions. How much will we get out of him? I think Chris if involved at all is doing some vetting here to assess where we would rank him on our list of options. Could be wrong but I don't care

4 hours ago, krunk said:

These are rumors. And we've seen on more than one occasion with Ballard things turn out different than the rumor. I dont have an issue with the athlete because all boxes check. I have an issue with the maturity level of the kid who the Check would be handed to. Crying out in the media and all the suspensions. How much will we get out of him? I think Chris if involved at all is doing some vetting here to assess where we would rank him on our list of options. Could be wrong but I don't care

I'm sure he was just vetting him and assesing like you said, to see if it's a viable option down the road, depending on if other options fall through..

My girlfriend is a Steeler fan, and I can tell you she wants Martavis Bryant off the Steelers. This dude has WR1 talent and a high upside, but causes more problems than solutions in a lockeroom. To be honest, the Steelers really don't need him. They have AB, they can move Juju to the outside, and they probably will end up drafting Quadree Henderson out of Pitt or some other Slot WR. 

I've read two reports on this story this week. One said the Colts inquired about him, and the other was a reporter who shot down those rumors saying they were false. 

7 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

crazy if you rather have moncrief over bryant and you’re even crazier if you wouldn’t give a 5th for him either

Its funny you said that because they wear the same number. If we trade for Bryant, Moncrief wouldn't have to worry about Bryant crying to get number 10 because Moncrief will be gone. I wouldn't dish out anything more than a 5th round pick though.

6 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Yea weed is IMO not that big a deal! It is certainly not preformence enhancing! But can he stay off it?

That's the heart of the matter isn't it. Can Bryant keep himself clean moving forward? 

I'm not gonna chastise anybody for saying no thank you. But, this kid is extremely talented as an athlete. When he's on, OMG he's an elite talent! It's the classic give him to me & I can fix him debate & make him blossom surpassing all the potential.

I'm not gonna lie & claim with a new change of scenery his career would take off. I just never understand why incredible WRs or at least darn good ones choose pot or other drug substances over money that can place you into another income bracket for the rest of your life.  

4 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

My girlfriend is a Steeler fan, and I can tell you she wants Martavis Bryant off the Steelers. This dude has WR1 talent and a high upside, but causes more problems than solutions in a lockeroom. To be honest, the Steelers really don't need him. They have AB, they can move Juju to the outside, and they probably will end up drafting Quadree Henderson out of Pitt or some other Slot WR. 

I've read two reports on this story this week. One said the Colts inquired about him, and the other was a reporter who shot down those rumors saying they were false. 

Hello DHR, 

Thank you for your post & welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity as a Steelers fan or rather your significant other is, is he a problem in the locker room? If Tomlin retains him; will you be happy or not really care since BIG Ben can win games with other pieces & not miss a beat. 

What's your assessment of Bryant as a player/person? Do you trust him to be available for 16-20 weeks during the season? If you were another GM in this league would you take a chance on him & give up a late round draft pick yes or no? Are those reluctant to pursue him blackballing the guy unfairly or do they seem justified to you? 

Any feedback you can offer would be immensely appreciated. Thank you. 

--SW1

I want nothing to do with Bryant. His "me first" attitude is cancerous and it showed last season with the strife in the Pittsburgh locker room. The dude publicly talked trash about JuJu, his own team mate just because someone said JuJu was better than Bryant:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/922277066401370112

I would take Josh Gordon over Bryant ANY day.