Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts have contacted Steelers about Martavis Bryant..

12 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

He nearly doubled Moncrief in production,..Just my opinion, but I think he is on another level and has top 10 potential..EVEN as a #3 guy if we bring in someone else in free agency Bryant is a valuable weapon..

Plus....   he's also doubled the amount of times that he's been suspended.    You forgot to mention that.    I'm almost positive that wasn't deliberate...      

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

He is a talented WR. A pot violation doesn't bother me that much if he's focused & wants to play ball for keeps now. 

A pot violation doesn't bother you?

How about several?

Bryant was suspended for four games to start the 2015 season and went to rehab.

That worked so well that he relapsed on the offseason and was suspended for the ENTIRE 2016 season.   

Does that hat bother you?    Would you like to reconsider your position?   

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

How about several?

Thatcwirked so well that he relapsed on the offseason and was suspended for the ENTIRE 2016 season.   

You looked that up..

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

How about several?

Thatcwirked so well that he relapsed on the offseason and was suspended for the ENTIRE 2016 season.   

IMO he is playing himself out of the NFL

17 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Rumor on SB nation today, we have contacted Steelers about Bryant..I think Ballard is serious about infusing Colts offense with talent this offseason...For all those "Defense wins Championships" people...Brace yourselves, Ballard is seeing the light...

Why are you nickel and diming around with Bryant?    If you want a talented WR whose been suspended multiple times why don't you suggest we go after your favorite?   

Josh Gordon!    

We could offer Andrew Luck and our first round pick for Gordon and a 7.    I'd hold out for the 7 because when Gordon smokes another joint and is suspended another year,  I want the Colts to have something to show for the trade!

What do you think?

Good idea or does it go up in smoke?   :facepalm:

Why are you nicked and diming around with Bryant?    If you want a talented WR whose been suspended multiple times why don't you suggest we go after your favorite?   

Josh Gordon!    

We could offer Andrew Luck and our first round pick for Gordon and a 7.    I'd hold out for the 7 because when Gordon smokes another joint and is suspended another year,  I want the Colts to have something to show for the trade!

What do you think?

Fail..lol

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why are you nicked and diming around with Bryant?    If you want a talented WR whose been suspended multiple times why don't you suggest we go after your favorite?   

Josh Gordon!    

What do you think?

Ill take Gordon for a 5th though as I would Bryant..

No.   There's an UNCONFIRMED RUMOR that we contacted them.   That doesn't make it fact.

When it gets confirmed THEN it becomes fact.

Ok..you r in media..confirm some sources..Where there is smoke u usually see fire and you of all people should know this..

Would I give up a 5th for a year of Bryant? I might if I felt we were close to contention... but we aren't. 

If he was ever to be motivated, it would be in his contract year, though.

Pittsburgh should be able to fetch a 2nd/3rd for him. It doesn't make a lot of sense for us regardless, imo.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How about several?

No, it doesn't in comparison to say a domestic abuser not in the slightest. If he fails again, he's out of the league permanently Bryant knows that. So, it's a question of motivation: Money or Marijuana & what matters more to him?Does he want fame or fortune or a temporary high & no life changing money? 

You lay it out on the table & ask him do you want notoriety or has been status who threw a promising career anyway & squandered a God given gift? Give Bryant tough love & if he screws up & relapses again for another drug relapse, it won't cost your club anything. 

No, I stand by my original position 100% NCF. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

No, it doesn't in comparison to say a domestic abuser not in the slightest. If he fails again, he's out of the league permanently Bryant knows that. So, it's a question of motivation: Money or Marijuana & what matters more to him?Does he want fame or fortune or a temporary high & no life changing money? 

You lay it out on the table & ask him do you want notoriety or has been status who threw a promising career anyway & squandered a God given gift? Give Bryant tough love & if he screws up & relapses again for another drug relapse, it won't cost your club anything. 

And it's a one year tryout for price of special teamer...You can't be afraid...

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You tealyze we're not talking about signing a free agent.    Thus thread us about trading a draft pick(s) for Bryant.

We could literally trade a pick and get nothing in return if Bryant smokes himself out of the league...   you're STILL ok with this?

You tealyze we're not talking about signing a free agent.    Thus thread us about trading a draft pick(s) for Bryant.

We could literally trade a pick and get nothing in return if Bryant smokes himself out of the league...   you're STILL ok with this?

Yeah..we trade Alex Banner for a potential Pro Bowl receiver with rare physical gifts..

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How about several?

That worked so well that he relapsed on the offseason and was suspended for the ENTIRE 2016 season.   

The pot violation doesn't bother me as much as his stupidity on how to get around the system.

I would venture to say there are a lot of NFL players who smoke weed. Their just smart enough to know when and when not to. They are told ahead of time when the testing is. If they not smart enough to quit and clean themselves up, that makes them stupid.

All that means is they have no self control.

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Since he would have to be in a trade it would cost us something

this is not a sign a prove it deal like we have had with players in the past

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The pot violation doesn't bother me as much as his stupidity on how to get around the system.

I would venture to say there are a lot of NFL players who smoke weed. Their just smart enough to know when and when not to. They are told ahead of time when the testing is. If they not smart enough to quit and clean themselves up, that makes them stupid.

I agree

JMO but we do not want this around our impressionable fans and/or young players

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

True...Its a slight risk..75% of NFL probably is a risk if gettin caught for that..We ain't losing much if we strike out though..Alex Banner or Anthony Walker ? If Bryant lives up to potential he can be elite, or if not, at least a. #3 WR big play threat and red zone target..

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

True...Its a slight risk..75% of NFL probably is a risk if gettin caught for that..We ain't losing much if we strike out though..Alex Banner or Anthony Walker ? If Bryant lives up to potential he can be elite, or if not, at least a. #3 WR big play threat and red zone target..

Could be Banner or Walker, could be Robert Mathis.

We really aren't in a position to sacrifice draft picks for guys with severe character concerns.

Just now, Trueman said:

Could be Banner or Walker, could be Robert Mathis.

We really aren't in a position to sacrifice draft picks for guys with severe character concerns.

Ill trade a 5th all day..1 in 100 are Robert Mathis Ill take my chances..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Ill trade a 5th all day..1 in 100 are Robert Mathis Ill take my chances..

For what though? A season of Bryant does what for us?

If he flames out it hurts our locker room and we lose a pick for nothing, if he lights it up we let him walk in free agency.

Either way, for a rebuilding team, it doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

For what though? A season of Bryant does what for us?

If he flames out it hurts our locker room and we lose a pick for nothing, if he lights it up we let him walk in free agency.

Either way, for a rebuilding team, it doesn't make sense. 

We dont let him walk if he lights it up..we sign him or franchise him and make a trade, we own his rights..Most likely we r losing a special teams guy at best,  or a guy who is a backup has a 2 yr career..After 4th round you are just as likely to find an impact guy as udfa in reality..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

We dont let him walk if he lights it up..we sign him or franchise him and make a trade, we own his rights..Most likely we r losing a special teams guy at best,  or a guy who is a backup has a 2 yr career..After 4th round you are just as likely to find an impact guy as udfa in reality..

There's zero chance Ballard would invest heavily in a guy like Bryant.

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Look, I would prefer signing Allen Robinson and drafting St.Brown, but if I can get Bryant for a 5th I'll roll those dice every day of the week..

Hah , I know you would , man.

Allen Robinson huh? ..Hmm , I'd have to take a look at the WR free agent list before I could chime in with a suggestion . Robinson is gunna get paid, I'd likely rather go for a cheaper option.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

It all depends on what Pittsburgh would want for him. I will admit that Bryant has maturity & self control issues which CC1 mentioned earlier. Sometimes, desperate people know this is their last opportunity & they know that they can't bleep up anymore because this is literally the end of the line otherwise. I can't make a final call until I talk to Bryant first face to face. I've got a pretty good B S detector & can read people well. Within 10 minutes, I can usually tell if a guy is a lost cause or worth taking a chance on. 

I'm big on reclamation projects, but only after I size you up & my gut tells me yeh or nay. 

The other thing is this: Mike Tomlin is a straight shooter. He'll tell you straight up behind closed doors if Bryant is a problem child or not. I know he's in the business of getting compensated for a trade but he's a honorable guy who doesn't con or mislead people. His press conferences confirm that fact. 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I agree

JMO but we do not want this around our impressionable fans and/or young players

That's only a problem if you have no respected veterans in your locker room PT.

Hilton, Castonzo, Luck, Adam V. & even Doyle have the clout to speak up & make others fall in line if necessary. 

Regarding fans, I don't think policing them falls into purview of a franchise's locker room or future.  Fans are usually only a problem if they are intoxicated & become aggressive toward other patrons which stadium security would inevitably handle on site etc.  etc.

I understand your concern, but we're not talking about a high school cheerleading squad here but grown men with mortgage payments & mouths to feed. 

Perhaps you were referring to young children who come to games with their parents & want wholesome family fun with no crude or vulgar language present. I can accommodate that up to a point & will concede that community leadership is a good thing. But, again your crudest language if it is expressed would probably be in the locker room which most fans don't have passes or access too normally. Therefore, I don't see 1 signing as the beginning of a catastrophic decline in INDY's historic success as an organization. 

Bryant and Moncrief have virtually the same stats since entering the league. (Moncrief played last year without Luck and has been injury prone these past two seasons) while Bryant comes with some off-field baggage.

I'll take Moncrief over Bryant all day especially since he already has chemistry with Luck.

Look, I always think back to Micheal Vick & the dog fighting enterprise that cost him his lucrative contract with the Atlanta Falcons, sent him to federal prison, & made him a pariah among animal rights organizations across America. Then, Tony Dungy mentors him behind bars & once he got paroled Andy Reid at Dungy's request agreed to let Vick play QB for the Philadelphia Eagles & return to some semblance of his life & former occupation again. 

If a dog killer can get a second chance, then redemption is possible for anybody except child abusers, mass murders, rapists, & serial killers that is. I'm not saying that Mike & Bryant are on equal footing here. I'm just saying that even though my sarcastic humor has pessimistic features to it; I'm an optimist by nature searching for the good in people. 

If the price is too rich for Bryant I walk away. But, like say JS23 said a 5th round pick or 6th, isn't all that bad considering any draft pick with a clean record can be a bust too. I'm not gonna pound the table for Bryant & say we desperately need him or else. However, his size, speed, & play making ability to contribute when dialed in on game day is noteworthy. 

I'm not saying this kid is an angel & if Ballard doesn't contact the Steelers organization & inquire about him, I'll understand why. I guess I just know what it's like to be left for dead & I'm never one to throw dirt on a guy's grave meaning career when he's viewed as radio active material over a substance abuse issue. Some guys wanna be saved & help themselves & other guys never dig themselves out of the deep, dark hole or abyss ever again. The ball is in Byant's court now to show people that he's learned his lesson & deserves another shot to redefine himself as a responsible player & reliable person.