Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts have contacted Steelers about Martavis Bryant..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, NextGenerationLuck said:

He has one year left on his contract? If we can get away with only trading a 5 or later id be willing to see him in a colts uniform for a year. 

Im sure we probably wouldn't offer more than a 4th for him ...He is talented as heck if his head is on right..I would take a chance if we can get him cheap enough..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Rumor on SB nation today, we have contacted Steelers about Bryant..I think Ballard is serious about infusing Colts offense with talent this offseason...For all those "Defense wins Championships" people...Brace yourselves, Ballard is seeing the light...

Us "defense wins championships" people have never claimed that we should neglect the offense.  I think everyone wants the Colts to bring in as much talent as possible on both sides of the ball.

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Us "defense wins championships" people have never claimed that we should neglect the offense.  I think everyone wants the Colts to bring in as much talent as possible on both sides of the ball.

Exactly plus you don't need 3 all pro WR and a HoF RB to win a super bowl teams have won with average talent at the skill positions for years

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I know man...just messing with ya

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Mods please edit name -Martavious Bryant..Duplicate thread as well..

Martavis.

He's not hit his heights in the last couple seasons. Risky proposition but if he's ready to focus strictly on football and able to reemerge in a new city, he may worth the gamble.

43 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Martavis.

He's not hit his heights in the last couple seasons. Risky proposition but if he's ready to focus strictly on football and able to reemerge in a new city, he may worth the gamble.

Lol...I had Barkavious Mingo in my head I guess...Mods please change to Martavis..If it's for a 4th or 5th I would do it, we wasted a 4th last year and unless you get lucky, you a most likely looking at a depth player or a project in 4th..So "If", Ballard thinks Bryant is focused and has learned it's worth the risk, and if he performs we have his rights if we want to franchise tag him to trade him...It is risky to pay him a big contract long term unless specific language in contract protects us in case of suspension...

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV was saying yesterday on his show that he's heard that there's no way that Ballard brings Moncrief back because he doesn't like his work ethic or attitude. Hard to see how Bryant is better fit given all of his off field problems. I can't see it.

Well, Moncrief isn't near his level for 1 thing..

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Eh, I see them as basically the same. All kinds of talent, marginal production and tons of red flags. Just not a Bryant fan tbh.

He nearly doubled Moncrief in production,..Just my opinion, but I think he is on another level and has top 10 potential..EVEN as a #3 guy if we bring in someone else in free agency Bryant is a valuable weapon..

12 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He nearly doubled Moncrief in production,..Just my opinion, but I think he is on another level and has top 10 potential..EVEN as a #3 guy if we bring in someone else in free agency Bryant is a valuable weapon..

Fair enough. I'm just not a fan of giving up assets for a guy that's one contact high away from being out of the game for life.

• Superman changed the title to Rumor: Colts have contacted Steelers about Martavis Bryant..
12 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Im sure we probably wouldn't offer more than a 4th for him ...He is talented as heck if his head is on right..I would take a chance if we can get him cheap enough..

I respect that about you JS23. You give guys a 2nd chance & don't view all athletes as a black sheep forbidden from playing simply because they're not a choir boy. 

Exactly brother. Gotta chat with him & see if his head is screwed on right now. If I felt good afterward, I'd take a flyer on him too. 

9 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV was saying yesterday on his show that he's heard that there's no way that Ballard brings Moncrief back because he doesn't like his work ethic or attitude. Hard to see how Bryant is better fit given all of his off field problems. I can't see it.

Bryant is just as much of an all about himself player as moncrief is.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I respect that about you JS23. You give guys a 2nd chance & don't view all athletes as a black sheep forbidden from playing simply because they're not a choir boy. 

Exactly brother. Gotta chat with him & see if his head is screwed on right now. If I felt good afterward, I'd take a flyer on him too. 

Sw1 you are one of my favorite posters on here man, you have a unique style and perspective, and see things others don't and put your spin on it...