csmopar

Luck says in Peter King interview that...

He has just begun light throwing and that another surgery is off the table!! But is still working up to the throwing load of a NFL QB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

That ship has sailed! 

Sounds pretty adamant didnt he?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Sounds pretty adamant didnt he?

Very! He seems very confident in the process and where he is at. His spirits are up. Good to see, no doubt 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He has just begun light throwing and that another surgery is off the table!! But is still working up to the throwing load of a NFL QB

That puts to bed the Not Throwing concern.  He is throwing, but it sounds like he’s more concerned with building the strength to throw a lot, and probably with velocity.  

I’m wondering if he’ll be at the OTAs the first week of April.  May be too soon?

• Like 3

NCF will be here soon to point out Luck has been wrong before....(pointing out Luck was sure he would play at some point last year) Bet 5 bucks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Any links to interview?

• Like 1

He’s got to be getting close to the end of that strength phase. Rotator cuff is complicated but that arm is looking massive haha

• Haha 1

Nothing against Peter King, just wondering why he was the choice to MC this event.... 

• Like 1

Very encouraging....

To be clear....    Luck didn't rule out surgery 100 percent.    He ruled out surgery.....    "FOR NOW".

I'll feel better when Luck is back practicing with the Colts and reports his arm feels as good as it ever has.   I'll feel better when Luck is not missing a day of practice per week as he did in 2016.    I'll feel better when Luck says there will be no surgery --- period--- and doesn't add the words "for now."

But this interview is a step in the right direction.    Color me pleased.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

To be clear....    Luck didn't rule out surgery 100 percent.    He ruled out surgery.....    "FOR NOW".

I'll feel better when Luck is back practicing with the Colts and reports his arm feels as good as it ever has.   I'll feel better when Luck is not missing a day of practice per week as he did in 2016.    I'll feel better when Luck says there will be no surgery --- period--- and doesn't add the words "for now."

It's a different thread(LOL same thread) but i am going to want my metaphorical 5 bucks. I knew you would have this take, no matter what Luck said!

Not to say you are incorrect, to be clear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best part of that interview was when Luck talked about how much he missed football, itching to throw long passes, & what am I if I'm not a Colts QB...

You know what this means? Chewbacca is hungry baby. 

"This is gonna be a great year" --Revenge Of The Nerds film quote. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Not at all surprising.  It's consistent with everything anyone who knows anything about the situation has been saying.  Only clueless, paranoid fans and the completely uninformed  have said otherwise.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

You do make a great point my friend. It will be so nice when we as a fanbase don't have to put qualifiers on anything like "for now." And we can just go, he's on the field completing passes & looking like the Andrew we all remember. 

I just wanna take the cautiously optimistic blinders off completely & let this horse run wild & free. Do what you do Luck. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

Funny.. he said "that ship has sailed" when asked about the possiblility of another surgery...

13 minutes ago, life long said:

It's a different thread but i am going to want my metaphorical 5 bucks. I knew you would have this take, no matter what Luck said!

Not to say you are incorrect, to be clear.

You said it in this one too

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

I still wonder what he’s throwing though. LOL! You’re right.  He did not totally rule out another surgery.  He said ‘in his mind’ he doesn’t need anther surgery. It’s encouraging that he believes so strongly but I still gotta see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Nothing against Peter King, just wondering why he was the choice to MC this event.... 

Same here... except I got a lot against Peter King, lol.

12 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

That's a hologram...

Yeah, I agree Peter King just doesn't look in tip top shape at all. :D

• Haha 1

Luck seemed stoked about a lot of things. Arm must be healing well, he will get

to play FB soon and a new coach that likes to attack and disguise plays on offense.

He looked like a kid on Christmas morning in that interview.

• Like 4

Let me know when he's throwing 50 yard passes with an NFL football for a few weeks and he feels fine afterward. 

Otherwise I'll just assume he isn't coming back for awhile or ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Let me know when he's throwing 50 yard passes with an NFL football for a few weeks and he feels fine afterward. 

It must suck to be you

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Isn’t marijuana legal in California?  Luck was a bit more goofy than usual. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 things struck me about the Andrew Luck - Peter King interview

Andrew Luck's comments about missing football so much mirror Peyton Manning's comments about missing football when he was out.

..and did anyone notice how much Andrew expressed his admiration of Chris Ballard?

Not his head coach....or his position coach...but his GM.

I don't remember a player speaking so fondly of his GM, this GM 

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Isn’t marijuana legal in California?  Luck was a bit more goofy than usual. 

I think that's just how he is when he's comfortbale. He's so guarded in many interviews.

I think he's a goofy guy at heart

25 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Who let the negative nelly in?!:facepalm:

40 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Luck seemed stoked about a lot of things. Arm must be healing well, he will get

to play FB soon and a new coach that likes to attack and disguise plays on offense.

He looked like a kid on Christmas morning in that interview.

That interview is very encouraging and, after watching this interview,  I cant express how glad I am we got Frank Reich as head coach

• Like 2

I liked his remark about McD leaving us at the altar.  I think this group is bonding on a level we haven't seen in a while.  And don't forget about Rusty Jones our secret weapon.  We're gonna stay healthy this year...knock wood. 

Optimism stops when the shoulder starts hurting again after throwing.  We're not there yet.  And we've been at this point before.

• Like 1

No reason not to be happy with this news but I’ll still believe Luck is good to go when I see it at this point.

• Like 1

He sounded a lot better than he did in December. Hopefully there are no setbacks, and he's ready to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Very! He seems very confident in the process and where he is at. His spirits are up. Good to see, no doubt 

Yeah, I've never seen him smile so much.