Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Tickets

PuntersArePeopleToo

I know a handful of members have them, I was wondering how do you like the system of getting them and what different type are there. I am not in Indiana nor am I close right now. Hopefully in a couple years I will be back near there and I'd rather have them before then. I then wonder if it is ethical to have your family take place with tickets regularly or if thats frown upon. Thanks everyone 

• Like 1

I have a set but I’m not sure of your question. They are easy to renew and anyone can sit in the seats if the hold the ticket. Very easy to manage them online and sell or give to family, just need a valid email address to send them to family or friends. I’m looking to sell off the whole year this season. Don’t have time to go and don’t want to mess with every individual game. If I can’t sell the package for the season, I’ll turn them back in and take the year off. 

Have had a pair of seats for 3 or 4 years now. Figured might as well get them since we were going to a handful of games each season and paying above face value.

We go to 3 games a year, since it's a 9-10 hour drive from VA. The remaining games we put up for sale as early as possible. Typically, the only game that doesn't sell is one of the preseason games. A great feature is you can also donate the tickets to United Way of Indiana. Someone gets to go to the game who otherwise wouldn't (I guess), and it's also a tax write off. So if by Friday the tickets haven't sold you simply go into your account, pull them from the "sell" category and click on "donate." 

I'm not aware of any away game perks for STH.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I have a dumb question. But I'm curious. Do season ticket holders get any kinds of inecentive\discounts for away games?

I’ve had them for about 7 years now and I don’t recall ever being offered to buy away game tickets. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I have a dumb question. But I'm curious. Do season ticket holders get any kinds of inecentive\discounts for away games?

I'd imagine that any worthwhile away game you'd want to go to next season (New England, Philly, Houston, Tennessee, Jax, Oakland), will be a very tough ticket to come by. Pats & the whole McDaniels thing, Philly SB champs & the Reich thing, HOU/TEN/JAX are divisional, & Oakland fans just got Gruden & are fired up about it. Wow, now that I'm looking at this, we have a really tough road schedule next year. Geeesh.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'd imagine that any worthwhile away game you'd want to go to next season (New England, Philly, Houston, Tennessee, Jax, Oakland), will be a very tough ticket to come by. Pats & the whole McDaniels thing, Philly SB champs & the Reich thing, HOU/TEN/JAX are divisional, & Oakland fans just got Gruden & are fired up about it. Wow, now that I'm looking at this, we have a really tough road schedule next year. Geeesh.

I would really like to see my team play once. And it's either gotta be Gilette or Metlife staduim. The last game I went to was absolutely horrible. My uncle took me to see Peyton. The Bronocs lead 24-0 at half and he made us all leave :bored: and we all know what took place

• 1 month later...

I know the NFL/Colts don't like you selling your tickets on the private market.  I had season tickets from 2000 until around 2012.  Back in Peytons hey day I would often times sell one of the big prime time games on Ebay, and back then you could get big money for them.  The first time I ever sold them on Ebay (without knowing any better) I listed the exact seat number and section in the description so people could see exactly where the seats were.  Within a week I got a letter from the Colts "reminding" me that their agreement says if you sell season tickets you have to sell them back to them.  I was warned that if I listed the tickets again for sale I would lose the rights to them in the future.  Anytime after that I used another Ebay account to sell them and just listed the section and the row, no seat numbers.

• Like 1

I admire people that have had season tickets, that is showing loyalty to the team and dollars out of your pocket. I have never had them but been a fan since 1984. I live about 15 minutes from LOS. When Peyton got Drafted I pretty much went to 2 games a year up until roughly Luck's 2nd season in 2013. Just Posting this because those were fun times for my friends and I picking 2 Sundays out of the year and doing it up. Making a full Sunday out of it and eating at St Elmo as well.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 7:08 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Just plan to attend the Jets game. Connecticut is probably closer to Met Life Stadium than to Foxboro. Tickets for Jets games should be less expensive than those for the Pats games. And many Colts fans go to Jets and Giants games. It will be more fun too.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I admire people that have had season tickets, that is showing loyalty to the team and dollars out of your pocket. I have never had them but been a fan since 1984. I live about 15 minutes from LOS. When Peyton got Drafted I pretty much went to 2 games a year up until roughly Luck's 2nd season in 2013. Just Posting this because those were fun times for my friends and I picking 2 Sundays out of the year and doing it up. Making a full Sunday out of it and eating at St Elmo as well.

Only reason why I quit going to games is because I am just older and don't like being around crowds of people anymore. Also we always had a group of 4 go and 1 of the guys moved and quit going so we all did. Not a money issue at all. Last game I went too was when we spanked Houston 25-3 and ran away with the Division in 2013, so that was a nice send off lmao. It is fun times though and if you can afford it, I would say get season tickets if that is your thing. Eat at St Elmo as well. I prefer my recliner, a 6 pack, and Hot Wings nowdays :thmup:.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Just plan to attend the Jets game. Connecticut is probably closer to Met Life Stadium than to Foxboro. Tickets for Jets games should be less expensive than those for the Pats games. And many Colts fans go to Jets and Giants games. It will be more fun too.

Actually I'm slightly closer to Foxboro, but you're right. It'll probably be more fun, less crowded, cheaper, and warmer to go to Metlife. I'm gonna keep a look out as soon as the schedule comes out!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Actually I'm slightly closer to Foxboro, but you're right. It'll probably be more fun, less crowded, cheaper, and warmer to go to Metlife. I'm gonna keep a look out as soon as the schedule comes out!

Definitely go. You can meet up with some Colts Forum fans who live in the area. There are many! A few years ago, I was a guest of a friend who has Giants season tickets. There were lots of Colts fans there...and they left happy. Andrew had a very good game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Definitely go. You can meet with some Colts Forum fans who live in the area. There are many! A few years ago, I was a guest of a friend who has Giants season tickets. There were lots of Colts fans there...and they left happy. Andrew had a very good game. 

Oh yeah, I remember that game. He torched the Giants. Actually the last couple games at MetLife, the Colts have dominated. I appreciate the advice I'm hoping will be able to take my wife and go to my first Colts game this year!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh yeah, I remember that game. He torched the Giants. Actually the last couple games at MetLife, the Colts have dominated. I appreciate the advice I'm hoping will be able to take my wife and go to my first Colts game this year!

You and your wife will have a great time. I have gone to Jets games as well as Giants games and I have always enjoyed them. The fans have always been great. I have been to games in MN, in Atlanta and in DC to see my Vikes. I have enjoyed my experience at those stadiums as well. I hope to attend a game in Indy one day.

Now, I won't go to games in Philly.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, coltsva said:

Have had a pair of seats for 3 or 4 years now. Figured might as well get them since we were going to a handful of games each season and paying above face value.

We go to 3 games a year, since it's a 9-10 hour drive from VA. The remaining games we put up for sale as early as possible. Typically, the only game that doesn't sell is one of the preseason games. A great feature is you can also donate the tickets to United Way of Indiana. Someone gets to go to the game who otherwise wouldn't (I guess), and it's also a tax write off. So if by Friday the tickets haven't sold you simply go into your account, pull them from the "sell" category and click on "donate." 

You were paying above face value ? I've been getting great seats on stubhub for half off for years.  You got to be taking a loss on that.  5 extra games , 2 preseason nobody wants. If and when they get good again it could be a good investment.  Had them for years , high on the wait list again.  Thinking of pulling the trigger again maybe.  

5 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

You were paying above face value ? I've been getting great seats on stubhub for half off for years.  You got to be taking a loss on that.  5 extra games , 2 preseason nobody wants. If and when they get good again it could be a good investment.  Had them for years , high on the wait list again.  Thinking of pulling the trigger again maybe.  

We always go to 1 preseason game as part of our summer vacation, and to  check out our new seats(we upgrade a little every year). 

Wad paying above face value (about $30) because we were going to the best games and the ticket was a little more in demand. Kind of like this season when I sold Pitt game tickets for above face value. 

Also couldn’t go to the Denver game and sold tickets before the season for face value. Then it turned out we could go and bought club seats at upper deck price (yes, stubhub). I guess we’ve been lucky on how well it has all worked out.

• Like 1

When I had my season tickets I always paid for them with my tax check, so come season time I was not forking out $150.00 every week.  I know money is money but if I had to shell out $150.00 each week I wouldn't do it.  For many years I was used to knowing my tax check  was going to be lite, but I was used to it.  I don't think I have gone to one game since I quit the season tickets.  It is like a lot of things in life. While I had them I loved them, the atmosphere, tailgate, etc. But I have not one time regretted getting rid of them.  The TV crews do a fine job televising the games, and the beer is cheaper.....

11 minutes ago, midwest said:

When I had my season tickets I always paid for them with my tax check, so come season time I was not forking out $150.00 every week.  I know money is money but if I had to shell out $150.00 each week I wouldn't do it.  For many years I was used to knowing my tax check  was going to be lite, but I was used to it.  I don't think I have gone to one game since I quit the season tickets.  It is like a lot of things in life. While I had them I loved them, the atmosphere, tailgate, etc. But I have not one time regretted getting rid of them.  The TV crews do a fine job televising the games, and the beer is cheaper.....

We turned ours in this year so it will be interesting to see how I feel, although I ended up only going to the opener and then boycotted the rest of the season due to the kneeling crap. 

We used to go and tailgate with friends and had a blast. Then those groups fell off and we just started meeting at the stadium and staying after for drinks and diner. Then it was a few times we stayed after and did that but more often than not, everyone had things to do and the drive home was an hour or more so we would just hope to get out of the long lines of traffic and get home. It will be strange to no longer sit around a group of people but the group we once knew all around us over the years dwindled down to a small smattering of people. Probably will attend a game or two buying on stubhub but I think owning season tickets is over for good. Also, tax write offs for business expenses have been removed by the new tax laws so that’s also a factor in many probably not renewing as well. 

On 4/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, midwest said:

Yeah, I didn't go to a game for years in person (after going to lots of them for decades ) , mostly due to the fact I was broke , lol, but last couple years been taking advantage of the mediocrity and fan apathy by getting darn good seats for a few games.  I also loved the excitement of the pregame , atmosphere , etc. Love the ease of Indy , the close downtown,  nice people , etc.. Found I missed it.  But not sure I can do all the games like I did. Getting old I guess.  If Ballard is on point they might be worth the cost.  Mulling it over. The Manning days were exciting.    

On 4/13/2018 at 5:20 PM, mahagga73 said:

i have bought from stubhub many times (before i got season tix, and when i need extra for faimily) and have NEVER got them for face value or less

42 minutes ago, teresa0955 said:

i have bought from stubhub many times (before i got season tix, and when i need extra for faimily) and have NEVER got them for face value or less

I sold only 2 last season for face, the rest went unsold or about half price. I didn’t buy them though to sell them, I bought to attend games. Again, the kneeling really was the nail in the coffin for me after being nearly burnt out the year before. I’m just done being committed or being forced to take a bath if I choose to sell them. If I didn’t have to pay full money for the preseason, I may still hold the tickets but that’s not going to change anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, teresa0955 said:

I bought 2 tickets  mid- level for  30 bucks each for 2 games last year. Face was 80 or something. Cant remember the exact amount. Are you serious? You could have went to a game last year for a buck and a song . I'm talking last couple years. 

Ive used SH and other sites for Pacers and other events in the past.  They advertise way below face value and then at check out there are convenience fees and other taxes that take the cost up to face value.  I have never used them though on a game with low rating and low attendance, might be some good deals in those situations....

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, midwest said:

As I have mentioned, I haven't been to a game since 2013 when we beat Houston led by Luck late in the season. That was my last one so I feel ya. I have been to around 50 games or so in my lifetime since the team moved here in 1984 but I don't miss going now. Now days the recliner and a 6 pack with HotWings is great for me. I am older now too, in my 40's so I would rather relax at home and watch instead of dealing with crowds of people.

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, coltsva said:

For the Preseason game you dont go to are you able to donate them to charity and use it as a charitable donation write off?