Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants trade with the Jets

Colts trade with Bucs

Browns

1.Saquan Barkely RB Penn State

I do believe Barkley is the best player in the draft and will be gone by their fourth pick and there is plenty of good QBs in this draft.

Jets

2.Josh Rosen QB UCLA

This mock will change a lot depending on who gets Kirk Cousins and AJ, but for now Jets get their franchise QB

Bucs

3.Bradley Chubb DE NC State

Bucs need Pass rush help and they move up to get the best in the draft.

Browns

4.Sam Darnold QB USC

Browns get their guy and the best player in the draft to go with him

Broncos

5.Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

Broncos can also go Josh Allen, but as of now Baker is the better prospect.

Giants

6. Josh Allen QB Wyoming 

Giants still draft Eli's replacement

Colts

7.Minkah Fitzpatrick CB Alabama

Safety or Cornerback, fitzpatrick is the best DB in this draft and if we're building a seahawk like defense, then fitzpatrick is our best choice. 

Bears

8.Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

Get a weapon for Trubiskey to go with Jordan howard and Tarik Cohen to create potent offense.

49ers

9.Courtland Sutton WR SMU

I do like what Marquis Goodwin did this year, but Grappolo needs more weapons. Ridley off the board so Sutton is the next best WR

Raiders

10. Tremaine Edmonds LB VT

Edmonds is the best LB in the draft and him and Mack together will give them a lethal LB corp

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Courtland Sutton is not a top 10 pick. He's barely a 1st rounder based on what I'm hearing. Scouts feel he backed out of the Senior Bowl because he knew his lack of speed would get exposed in 1-on-1 matchups.

Regardless, I do believe the 49ers want to get Grappolo as many weapons as they can. 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Regardless, I do believe the 49ers want to get Grappolo as many weapons as they can. 

And this WR class is loaded. They can get one in any round. Sutton at 9 is huge reach. They'd be better off taking the BPA and grabbing a guy like James Washington in the 2nd. Just my personal opinion.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You don't have Nelson being drafted in the top-10?

its just how the draft fell. there will be a run at QB

25 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And this WR class is loaded. They can get one in any round. Sutton at 9 is huge reach. They'd be better off taking the BPA and grabbing a guy like James Washington in the 2nd. Just my personal opinion.

My pick for the niners is largely based on need, but this wouldn't be the first time a team took a player too early.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wide receiver class is....      loaded?

I'm reading it's one of the weakest positions in the draft.

Hmmm?

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wide receiver class is....      loaded?

I'm reading it's one of the weakest positions in the draft.

Hmmm?

Ridley, Sutton, Washington, Ateman, Gallup, Chark, Kirk, Pettis,Moore, etc.. WR is mostly a scheme based position anyways. That's how teams like the Vikings end up with Stefon Diggs in the 4th round. Whenever there isn't a 4.3 6'3" top receiver people will say the class is weak. I always say that WR is deep every year. You just gotta know where to look.

49 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ridley, Sutton, Washington, Ateman, Gallup, Chark, Kirk, Pettis,Moore, etc.. WR is mostly a scheme based position anyways. That's how teams like the Vikings end up with Stefon Diggs in the 4th round. Whenever there isn't a 4.3 6'3" top receiver people will say the class is weak. I always say that WR is deep every year. You just gotta know where to look.

I'm not saying there aren't good players... but so far, body great or special.

It look like just 3-4 WRs in the first round. That's a weak class.   I'm sure guys will surface...   as you noted, they do every year...   but no one that gets anyone excited...

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not saying there aren't good players... but so far, body great or special.

It look like just 3-4 WRs in the first round. That's a weak class.   I'm sure guys will surface...   as you noted, they do every year...   but no one that gets anyone excited...

I would disagree with you here.  There are some good players and teams will make runs at QB, OL, and key D-players.  The draft in my opinion will play out pretty crazy.  Now if 4 WR's are drafted in the first (I would say 4), that does not make me look at this class as weak at all.  It is very deep and with teams in need of other key positions that are not as deep allow for some good WR's to go in the mid-rounds.  Day 2 will be loaded with WR's and RB's (the luxury spots).  Same thing goes for RB (this year and last year).