Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Official Bring Back Matt Giordano Thread

The Peytonator

Oh yeah.....it's official!!!

Let's bring this guy back. Everyone says we need safety help. In Oakland he had 5 picks this year...as a backup.

With Oakland being in ridiculous territory regarding their cap overflow, there is no way they can resign the guy. As I recall he was everywhere on special teams, the fastest white guy I've seen on our team, and looked like he was cut from a rock. Oakland found out he could play, and is something of a ballhawk, so why not bring him in? He'd probably be a lot cheaper than Landry or most of the other names that get thrown out there.

Anyone else wanna board the 'Bring Back Matt Giordano Train?

Plus we could hear how his GrandFather was a Middleweight Boxing Champion everytime he makes a play ;)...

Seriously though, I would welcome him back at a fair price...though I don't see him as the answer at SS but an upgrade as a nickle Safety and ST standout.

I think by the end of the season he'd be our starting safety and not on special teams, do to injury. I think thats why our special teams are so bad every year. Because when our starters get hurt, our special teamers are forced into the starting roles and then we have to use undrafted rookies as punt coverage or we ask the guys who just played "D" to cover a punt.

Let's put it this way....

When he took over as starter for Oakland, halfway through the year, he accumulated 5 interceptions in half a season. Our ENTIRE secondary, matched him in total picks; Lefeged 2, Powers 2, and Lacey 1, throughout the entire season.

We need someone like that on our team, and not just as a special teamer. I'd rather Bullitt play special teams and Gio start at SS.

Let's put it this way....

When he took over as starter for Oakland, halfway through the year, he accumulated 5 interceptions in half a season. Our ENTIRE secondary, matched him in total picks; Lefeged 2, Powers 2, and Lacey 1, throughout the entire season.

We need someone like that on our team, and not just as a special teamer. I'd rather Bullitt play special teams and Gio start at SS.

pretty sure bullitt had a pick in season opener

During the season I kept thinking why do ex-colt players always become play makers AFTER they leave Indy, I think I remember one weekend this season when Tim Jennings, Kelvin Hayden, & Matt Giordano all had a pick. I am definitely on board with bringing back Giordano...

Coaching was probably the difference.

I would also like to bring Tryon back this year. Now that Polian/Caldwell or whoever had him in the doghouse is gone, we shouldn't have a problem bringing him back for cheap. He was pretty good in man coverage wasn't he? With Pagano I feel we'll need more man corners, rather than these Cover 2 ones.

It would be nice to have him back. My neighbor wants to keep him, for obvious reasons. We'll see what happens! He had a great game I went to in Oakland against the Jets this year. No INTs, but a TD saving tackle on Shonn Greene and a few other nice hits. Too bad it was in a Raiders uni.. lol

Absolutely.... have been following him as well. He looked great this year, just don't know if he would be a good fit in this D. He's a great special teams player, and would probably come to the Colts at a good price. Wonder if there are hard feelings to overcome, though.

Oh yeah.....it's official!!! Let's bring this guy back. Everyone says we need safety help. In Oakland he had 5 picks this year...as a backup. With Oakland being in ridiculous territory regarding their cap overflow, there is no way they can resign the guy. As I recall he was everywhere on special teams, the fastest white guy I've seen on our team, and looked like he was cut from a rock. Oakland found out he could play, and is something of a ballhawk, so why not bring him in? He'd probably be a lot cheaper than Landry or most of the other names that get thrown out there. Anyone else wanna board the 'Bring Back Matt Giordano Train?

Choo Choo!

During the season I kept thinking why do ex-colt players always become play makers AFTER they leave Indy, I think I remember one weekend this season when Tim Jennings, Kelvin Hayden, & Matt Giordano all had a pick. I am definitely on board with bringing back Giordano...

It may have something to do with what people call coaching.

He definitely is a solid player and I do feel like a lot of our problems were coaching related so it would be interesting to see what our new coaching staff could do with him. If we could bring him back on the cheap I would just love him for his special team play. God knows we need all the help we can get on that side of the ball.

Hopefully we address the safety position in this years draft.

Girodano was more of a player who could play center field and move to the ball in the air (FS). He could not cover a WR or TE who came into his zone. Bullitt was better in coverage than him and so won the backup safety position. Caldwell and Lefeged are both better athletes than Giordano. If he was so good then Oakland should be resigning him. Caldwell and Lefeged are better athletes than most of the safety draft class comming out in 2012. Barron would probably be the only rookie we could draft who could compete for a starting job. Safety is a position that the coaches may just have to improve with teaching in 2012 and hope to get a better athlete next year. If you look at Caldwell and Lefeged's combine and pro day numbers you will see that they are better than a lot of CBs and most Ss in the 2012 draft.

Because we have played bend but don't break cover two defense forever it seems. We did not have an agressive style. It was let Freeney and Mathis try to get a sack but everyone else don't let someone behind you. We hope eventually we will get a sack or get lucky and they will drop a ball or we can make a stand and hold them to 3 points. Then give Peyton the ball and let him outscore them. It certainly would be nice to see an aggressive defense that can turn the field around for our offense.

Huge advocate for bringing Gio back. Fast dude, caught Hester from behind with 20 yeard head start. Plus, his ball-hawk and run stop skills seem improved. I'm all for drafting Harrison Smith if he's still available come fourth round.

I also want Gio back, but If I had to guess about Harrison Smith, I dont think he gets out of second round.

I also want Gio back, but If I had to guess about Harrison Smith, I dont think he gets out of second round.

Agreed with you. After seeing Smith's combine performance, he's going late second round. Maybe, just maybe, we get him with our 1st pick in the 3rd round. Guy's quicker and more athletic than people though. He's also a hybrid 'tweener b/t SS and LB. Absolutely perfect for covering modern day tight ends. If he's there in the 3rd, I sure hope we pick Smith.

If he is pretty cheap I want him and Bob back. Not a joke from me tho lol.... I think Bob could be got for bout vet minimum so you dont lose much if hes injured and u can gain a pro bowler if he can play in close to a dozen games.

I don't think anyone would be upset if we signed Bob for vet minimum. But to be honest I don't know he would sign for that. He knows how much of an injury risk he is, if I'm him I'd probably just retire and go into coaching, he's made a decent amount of money throughout his career. I wouldn't further risk my livelyhood for a vet minimum contract.

I don't think anyone would be upset if we signed Bob for vet minimum. But to be honest I don't know he would sign for that. He knows how much of an injury risk he is, if I'm him I'd probably just retire and go into coaching, he's made a decent amount of money throughout his career. I wouldn't further risk my livelyhood for a vet minimum contract.

Yeah, I understand that. Maybe the contract could have some bonuses for playing more games or somthing. Idk. lol