Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Cushing to be released by texans

CR91

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

He made an early impact on the field & then a PED problem kind of sidelined his career late as both PT & J-834 said above. We don't need him. Suspension appears to be his middle name unfortunately. 

Doesn't he just scream a 1 year prove it type deal the Patriots always go for and seem hit on like 8 out of 10 times?

24 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Doesn't he just scream a 1 year prove it type deal the Patriots always go for and seem hit on like 8 out of 10 times?

Exactly Jim....

..the question isn't how good he was....He was a :Pro Bowl guy...and 31 isn't that old or an inside LB...

He did play last year..so I'd bring him to camp and see what he's still got and how badly he still wants to play.

he's made big money....I'm sure he wont ask for much now... As you say  a 'prove it' deal

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly Jim....

..the question isn't how good he was....He was a :Pro Bowl guy...and 31 isn't that old or an inside LB...

He did play last year..so I'd bring him to camp and see what he's still got and how badly he still wants to play.

he's made big money....I'm sure he wont ask for much now... As you say  a 'prove it' deal

Not sure there is enough room for the baggage he would bring

All those high character guys we have in locker room have helped us win a lot recently..lol..We need a few guys with some freakin fire in their belly if you ask me..Not saying I want Cushing,but this only signing choir boys thing is more a Grigson era philosophy, if guys will help us win Ballard will overlook so called character deficiencies....His pursuit of McDaniels is evidence of that..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

All those high character guys we have in locker room have helped us win a lot recently..lol..We need a few guys with some freakin fire in their belly if you ask me..Not saying I want Cushing,but this only signing choir boys thing is more a Grigson era philosophy, if guys will help us win Ballard will overlook so called character deficiencies....His pursuit of McDaniels is evidence of that..

While i agree we don't need choir boys. That guy is a jerk. Reich said he wants a close locker room. I dont see him being a possible signing for several reasons, unless he took a cheap 1 year deal. I doubt he signs such a contract being over 30 and as well as this likely being his last contract.

8 minutes ago, life long said:

While i agree we don't need choir boys. That guy is a jerk. Reich said he wants a close locker room. I dont see him being a possible signing for several reasons, unless he took a cheap 1 year deal. I doubt he signs such a contract being over 30 and as well as this likely being his last contract.

I don't particularly want Cushing..If Ballard thinks he can still play and help us it's fine by me..I just want to have best players possible, and not be afraid to take risks...

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Call me crazy or maybe the coach in me but this is not the black hole

7 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Are you sure you want a LB who can't pass a urine test JJ? I get the veteran presence angle & maybe he'll behave himself for NE's Lombardi pedigree. However, If I'm Bill, I say no thank you. 

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Yeah, Pats and Raiders other possibilities assuming he can even still play..

Oh yeah, the Rayders. Good call. PT said something similar. I think Gruden likes a few rough riders too.

Gotta have a mix of psychos, straight shooters, quiet guys, & community leaders in order to generate publicity in Oakland. 

If I was Chucky, I'd be a little worried if I can knock off my coaching rust. He's used to TV broadcast mode. Will young players listen to John? Hard to say. 2002 was a l-o-n-g time ago in NFL yrs. I'd say the same thing if Bill Cowher returned to the sidelines after a long hiatus too. 

21 hours ago, life long said:

He is not a good person or locker room guy i have heard. We want high character guys to represent the Colts. 

Yeah, when i saw him on hardknocks a few years back.. he just seemed like an *. Even the interview with his wife.. he's just a meat head lol. and not the Gronk fun loving meat head. 

19 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The other thing that is scary is that he is on Strike 2 of the PCC

The strange thing about Brian is that he took PEDs to extend his playing time & he always seemed to be hurt regardless.

Didn't he win a Defensive Player of the Year too? I remember all the backlash he received once he started getting into PED trouble like is that award legit? I won't say it's tainted exactly, but there is a dark cloud there career wise. JMO. 

It was Defensive Rookie of the Year I believe? Around 2009 I think. 

On 2/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, southwest1 said:

Are you sure you want a LB who can't pass a urine test JJ? I get the veteran presence angle & maybe he'll behave himself for NE's Lombardi pedigree. However, If I'm Bill, I say no thank you. 

It's a nonrisk contract, the Pats have the leaders in the locker room already and if he doesn't work out he is cut for minimal cost.  I mean if he took a rider on a few more questionable players like lard butt Haynsworth and didn't work and well there is a need at LB 

7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yeah, when i saw him on hardknocks a few years back.. he just seemed like an *. Even the interview with his wife.. he's just a meat head lol. and not the Gronk fun loving meat head. 

Same! After watching that Hard Knocks it just reminded me of a stereotypical jock bully. I bet someone he went to high school with got tormented by that jerk! I would hate to have to root for him, even if he was wearing the shoe!

On 2/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, southwest1 said:

The funny thing is this: Houston finally gets their face of the franchise in QB Watson & boom Brian is released from Houston.

Watch him end up in Cleveland. He gets suspended again for PED use, parties with Johnny Manziel, is never seen again...Just Kidding! 

I can see them shopping Watt soon. The real face of the franchise...

On February 20, 2018 at 5:47 PM, JimJaime said:

It's a nonrisk contract, the Pats have the leaders in the locker room already and if he doesn't work out he is cut for minimal cost.  I mean if he took a rider on a few more questionable players like lard butt Haynsworth and didn't work and well there is a need at LB 

I will grant you that NE needs LB help. I just think with Cushing's injury & suspension history he's not worth the ink any incentive laden contract would specify so why even make the offer? His body is breaking down. 

I know you guys did the same thing by signing James Harrison this past season & by putting him on a pitch or snap count. I wouldn't do it because his best yrs have past him by.