Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Norwell

53 minutes ago, King! said:

Would like to see the Colts target younger guys in order to build chemistry not only for 2018 but for many years beyond that. It would be nice to see the same 5 guys line up not only week in and week out, but year after year.

That is a tall order in today's NFL. When team win the players start to get paid. Other teams want those players and teams can't afford to keep them for years.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Add Josh Sitton to the free agent guard pool. Some injury concerns, but he's played well in both phases. 

Only downside, his name is Josh... 

Hey! There's plenty of cool Josh's out there!

On the other hand, 100 % of the McDaniels' I've ever heard of turned out to be jerk faces.....

On 2/20/2018 at 6:48 PM, The Peytonator said:

Josh Sitton has always been solid and I would definitely support this move. He didn’t even get a large contract from the Bears two years ago so he would be an inexpensive temporary fix. Sign Norwell too and we have probably the best Oline if Kelly comes back healthy and improved. 

I thought Sutton got 3/21...    7 mill per.   If true, that's very good money for a guard.  I don't know what he'd want this time around..

I'm sitting here typing this with my MacBook at 77%. Number 77 is exactly what this team needs Nate Solder. Its going to be hard to lure him away from the Patriots but its worth a try. Then draft Quenton Nelson in the 1st round on a trade back. Move Anthony to Right Tackle.

LT Solder 

LG Nelson 

C  Kelly 

RG Clark/Haeg/Free Agent/Draft Pick

RT Castonzo

What do you guys think? Bad idea to move Castonzo to right tackle? 

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought Sutton got 3/21...    7 mill per.   If true, that's very good money for a guard.  I don't know what he'd want this time around..

On a per year basis, that would put him in a tie with Jeff Allen for 17th highest paid guard. Definitely a steal for a guy of his caliber. The only reason he was that cheap was because of age and he’s two years older yet. I would like this a lot. 

9 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

I'm sitting here typing this with my MacBook at 77%. Number 77 is exactly what this team needs Nate Solder. Its going to be hard to lure him away from the Patriots but its worth a try. Then draft Quenton Nelson in the 1st round on a trade back. Move Anthony to Right Tackle.

LT Solder 

LG Nelson 

C  Kelly 

RG Clark/Haeg/Free Agent/Draft Pick

RT Castonzo

What do you guys think? Bad idea to move Castonzo to right tackle? 

Castonzo is underrated by many on this board just saying. Moving one of our bright spots on the line doesn’t sound too appealing to me.

Some Norwell buzz:

There is serious buzz that the GIants are ready to make Norwell the highest paid guard in the league and they will probably have the inside track on him since Gettleman was the GM of the Panthers when Norwell got his chance in the league as UDFA from the Panthers. 

29 minutes ago, stitches said:

Some Norwell buzz:

There is serious buzz that the GIants are ready to make Norwell the highest paid guard in the league and they will probably have the inside track on him since Gettleman was the GM of the Panthers when Norwell got his chance in the league as UDFA from the Panthers. 

I do not think it matters who has an inside track, but who is willing to pay more.  GMs across the sports map, made it pretty clear that business comes first.  Players are starting to catch own, and are beginning to keep relationships out of negotiations.  I feel that if Norwell comes to Indy for a visit, he will not leave without signing to be the highest paid guard in the league.  I for one would be fine with that