Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tweet about Luck's bicep 2-16-18


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, NextGenerationLuck said:

I take everything from Twitter with a grain of salt. Also would like the news to come from a more reputable source, Tiki isn’t my top option. 

 

According to the post the news comes from Jay Glazier.  He is fairly credible, that doesn't mean he is correct,  but he is right more often than not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get anyone jumping to dismiss reports about Luck’s health issues outright. 

 

If this is true it shouldn’t be a surprise. Like @Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said, we’re two weeks to March. He’s been back for some time, if he isn’t throwing yet you have to wonder why.

 

I want him to come back healthy as much as anyone, but until he’s actually confirmed to be throwing, taking part in team activities, and practicing I’m not willing to write anything off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We already know since last november/december that if Luck's recovery won't go well, he'll need a second surgery. And that surgery will be on his bicep (to move the muscle joint point to release stress or something like that, im not a doctor).

 

So, what about this tweet? Is this just another (late) bump of the original news, or is this NEW twist on the chain of events? I am tired of guessing. Luck is about to start (or already started) his throwing program. It won't take long to find out whether he needs that second surgery or not. If he does, we will hear about it soon. If not, that's great news.

 

Whatever. A bicep surgery would push him further back, so what? He's been out too long already. We are rebuilding, we are no contenders with or without him. Just take the neccessary time and actions to be 100% again. Nothing but a second surgery on the shoulder (the labrum) would scare me at this point.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The shoulder is not the problem. The original surgeon should have moved the bicep. He did not and now it may have to be redone.

 

"When you have a labrum tear sometimes your biceps tendon can be involved as well and be partially torn. If the biceps tendon is not involved and you only have a labrum tear, it can still be contributing to your pain by pulling on the labrum. With a biceps tenodesis, the biceps tendon is cut out of the shoulder joint from the top of the labrum and is reattached to the humerus (which ends up being right near your armpit).  The most common question we get once we describe this to patients is “Will my biceps work normally after this procedure?”  The answer is an unequivocal yes.  There is very little functional role for the biceps tendon in the shoulder joint.  You can expect to be in PT for about 3 months where they will work on restoring your range of motion and strength. After 3 months of PT you will be finished with treatment and back to mostly everything that you want to be doing."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I think everyone is being optimistic but the truth is, the draft is coming up soon and then training camp will be here before we know it. No reports of him throwing a football yet and it’s mid February. If he’s not throwing by April when the draft is coming up, I think it’s probably safe to say another surgery may be in the mix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

The shoulder is not the problem. The original surgeon should have moved the bicep. He did not and now it may have to be redone.

 

"When you have a labrum tear sometimes your biceps tendon can be involved as well and be partially torn. If the biceps tendon is not involved and you only have a labrum tear, it can still be contributing to your pain by pulling on the labrum. With a biceps tenodesis, the biceps tendon is cut out of the shoulder joint from the top of the labrum and is reattached to the humerus (which ends up being right near your armpit).  The most common question we get once we describe this to patients is “Will my biceps work normally after this procedure?”  The answer is an unequivocal yes.  There is very little functional role for the biceps tendon in the shoulder joint.  You can expect to be in PT for about 3 months where they will work on restoring your range of motion and strength. After 3 months of PT you will be finished with treatment and back to mostly everything that you want to be doing."

 

I will need to see your Bachelor's degree, Medical certification and your licensure information please.

Also I would like to know what college you went to because I need it to be a reputable institution before I can take you serious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

 

This is what I thought too.  The two are connected, so it could just be a matter of semantics.  For example, if the shoulder is damaged at the point where the biceps attaches, then some will say shoulder and some might get technical and say bicep.  Either way, I'm going to ignore what the media says.  I still think Luck will be fine come opening day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I will need to see your Bachelor's degree, Medical certification and your licensure information please.

Also I would like to know what college you went to because I need it to be a reputable institution before I can take you serious.

you will notice the comment is in quotes. You can look up Luck's surgery on the internet. Almost all sites talk about the need to reattach the bicep. When the reports of delayed recover came out there were doctors discussing the fact that his problem is related to the bicep not being reattached. By the way I do have a J.D. does that count. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is what I thought too.  The two are connected, so it could just be a matter of semantics.  For example, if the shoulder is damaged at the point where the biceps attaches, then some will say shoulder and some might get technical and say bicep.  Either way, I'm going to ignore what the media says.  I still think Luck will be fine come opening day.

 

My guess is it is rather pot-stirring right now. If I'm correct almost the same rumor was around back in last year...like november. I'm just lazy to check it up.

 

I hope Luck will be fine. The most important indicator was if he was throwing pain free. 

Edited by HungarianColtsFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

you will notice the comment is in quotes. You can look up Luck's surgery on the internet. Almost all sites talk about the need to reattach the bicep. When the reports of delayed recover came out there were doctors discussing the fact that his problem is related to the bicep not being reattached. By the way I do have a J.D. does that count. 

Well I am pretty confident that Luck had done what was needed. I don't put much faith in second hand rumors made by someone other than the doctor who actually did the work. 

Not every person is the same when it comes to surgeries.

I stayed at the Holliday Inn Express last night. Does that count? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are another year away from contending, even with Luck at 80-90%, I'd say ignore the noise and draft a 3rd or 4th round QB that will challenge Brissett and develop Brissett and the 3rd QB through the off season, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The situation regarding the bicep is not a rumor. It is my understanding from reading the medical opinions is that the original Dr. thought that he could leave the bicep in place and that it could be "strengthened" through rehab. If that works great. I hope that it does. If it does not then it will have to be reattached. It is not career ending but it could effect next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

The situation regarding the bicep is not a rumor. It is my understanding from reading the medical opinions is that the original Dr. thought that he could leave the bicep in place and that it could be "strengthened" through rehab. If that works great. I hope that it does. If it does not then it will have to be reattached. It is not career ending but it could effect next season. 

Also, the procedure is supposedly routine with labrum tears. Luck could have just had the surgery months ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Not good if true. I personally felt worst about him coming back after his interview yesterday and now this.

 

 

I'm not sure that there is much new to this. We know that Luck is on rehabilitation and apparently not throwing a football just yet. I don't really care whether it is the shoulder or bicep holdning him back from being ready to throw, but apparently it is the bicep and we were told that back in december.

 

The only interesting question is this: Is the bicep issue worse now that they thought in December? Or just not healing up as fast as they thought? Or healing up about as fast as they assumed.

 

That tweet doesn't tell us anything to that effect.

 

None the wiser we are, Joda and me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is NOTHING NEW. Just watched the video on YouTube and he was just saying like its been reported before that the shoulder is not the issue it's the Bicep. He was letting Tiki know why people ask about the shoulder when the shoulder is completely fine. He did not give any new updates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well I am pretty confident that Luck had done what was needed. I don't put much faith in second hand rumors made by someone other than the doctor who actually did the work. 

Not every person is the same when it comes to surgeries.

I stayed at the Holliday Inn Express last night. Does that count? 

Agreed. People are acting as if the doctors are just all incompetent. Luck is fine. I don’t think a surgeon and a doctor in the Netherlands both got it wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always assumed Jacoby is our qb until I see Luck in pads throwing the ball. I don't think this affects our offseason or rebuild. We need to surround the qb with better players regardless. When Luck gets back he gets back. I think with a better team Jacoby can win games for us...we were very very very close to winning many games this year...I think Frank and Company can put us over the top. I just plan on starting the season with Luck not playing like last year and we move forward. We aren't winning the division without Andrew whether we draft a rookie or not. Personally that is why if we move back this year I would rather get a future first then picks this year. If you want to hedge your bets you look at stock piling picks in 2019 to either move up or have a high pick to get a qb. There isn't a qb in this class that blows me away regardless....none I prefer over Jacoby at this point anyways. All the speculation and angst etc is pointless. It heals when it heals...no amount of worrying and speculating will change that. Give it time and if it doesn't we move on. I think given Lucks talent if there is a chance it heals we don't draft a qb....we only do that if he is done....so this changes nothing...nothing except perhaps how fast we will be able to rebuild. Sometimes faster isn't always better....it may just mean we go through another frustrating season but we land some more high talent in the draft to build with. Ballard wanted to build through the draft anyways....what better way then to not have Luck and pick at the top every round for a couple years...he will have plenty of swings at this then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Until I see him on the field throwing the ball like he used to be capable of ....my assumption is that he's not healthy.

 

It's very odd (IMO) for him to have been back this long and still not be throwing.

 

Remember -- the team said he'd be back for the opener....then a few weeks after the opener....and here we are on Feb 16th and he's still not ready.  Still 5 months until camp opens, but i'm very skeptical at this point.

 

I hope he's back at 100% soon....but wouldn't bet money on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, icf said:

Until I see him on the field throwing the ball like he used to be capable of ....my assumption is that he's not healthy.

 

It's very odd (IMO) for him to have been back this long and still not be throwing.

 

Remember -- the team said he'd be back for the opener....then a few weeks after the opener....and here we are on Feb 16th and he's still not ready.  Still 5 months until camp opens, but i'm very skeptical at this point.

 

I hope he's back at 100% soon....but wouldn't bet money on it.

5 months from camp opening but April 2nd is the first offseason workouts for teams with new coaches. Obviously Andrew can be there but he won't be participating. Keys to remember this year is it will be a whole new offense....a lot of change...lots of new faces to from the previous team. Andrew will be behind....even if Luck makes it back I would compare it to like a rookie year. He has to get back up to speed, get his rythem down, learn a new offense, get report with his wrs....it wouldn't be an easy transition in a perfect off season...much less a hyper shortened one from his injury. I'm just going to say it now. My money is on Brissett starting the season. That's fine too....and even when/if Luck comes back...it will be a rough season of getting acclimated to playing and throwing again....after all it will have been almost 18 months since he has played.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Welp, wouldn't be shocking if true.

Although maybe he's just parroting off the Mortensen reports, same bit of pretty vague info that we've heard for a while now. My hope is, if he actually does end up needing another surgery, that he gets it done quickly.

All nonsense until I see a report that he had to have another surgery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going through the same thing with my bicep right now and it sucks. However, this is not new info. Mort reported the Bicep was the issue way back when. This tweet does not say that there is anything new wrong with it, that he's still having pain or problems or anything like that. Just that it is the issue he has been working through sine he went to Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Come on... No, you know what, I realize some here like Doyle. I just have never liked Doyle. Doyle is not an impact player to me. Yes I know that sometimes a key first down pickup by a Doyle catch is an impact play in that moment, it's just Doyle has so few moments that he might as well be on another team making a very low impact. Honestly, Ebron in his first year with Colts ironically has been the best TE the colts have had since Dallas Clark... That should tell you something
    • I've said numerous times combined we're gonna pay around 50 mil a year.   Nelson 16-18 mil Leonard 18-20 mil Smith 14-15 mil
    • Wentz will need protection if he is going to deliver. Yesterday it was said of him he was thought to be the second coming of Andrew Luck. Lets hope that is not the case when he goes under center and gets racked all season long like Luck.
    • Luck retired right before the 2019 season.   That only gave Ballard 1 offseason to address the QB situation.  He knew the team was good and didn't want to waste a year so he brought in Rivers.   Rivers had a good year despite no training camp or preseason with the receivers.  Went 11-5.   68% completions, 24TD's, 11 INT's.  Lost by 3 in the playoffs.  I was pretty happy with the season.  Now, a year and a half later he has the future QB on the team.   I'm glad he didn't reach too much.  I suppose he could have drafted Jalen Hurts but he took Pittman and Taylor instead and grabbed Eason in the 4th round.  I think he handled this well.
    • But we got Mark Hermann.   Colts won that trade.  Ha ha. maybe if they would have used the pick they got from Denver better.   They took Ron Solt.  
  • Members

    • Fat Clemenza

      Fat Clemenza 348

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 4,900

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsblue1844

      coltsblue1844 146

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • uniquicity

      uniquicity 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DeathByEagle

      DeathByEagle 42

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mackrel829

      Mackrel829 80

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 289

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • runthepost

      runthepost 791

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,035

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...