Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the Colts first FA Signing

Okay I'll take a swing.  Moe Wilkerson.  I'm reading reports he could be released any day now.  He has big issues with the Jets but a change of scenery to the midwest could just be what he needs.  The chances of Lawrence or Ansah making it to FA are pretty slim but here is a 28yr. old pro bowler who needs a fresh start who would fill the bill nicely.  It wouldn't surprise me if Ballard is doing his research right now.  Come on Chris.  You know how to construct a deal.

6 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I will try and be different lol

Ziggy Ansah- 4 years- 35 Mill

I'd sign him up for a deal like that anyday. If we would have to overpay him something around 10 mil or more per year I'd pass. 

Then Ballard could focus on adding someone like Quenton Nelson in the 1st after a trade down, and then adding a talented RB to go along with Mack and more help at LB, CB, and RT. 

18 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Okay I'll take a swing.  Moe Wilkerson.  I'm reading reports he could be released any day now.  He has big issues with the Jets but a change of scenery to the midwest could just be what he needs.  The chances of Lawrence or Ansah making it to FA are pretty slim but here is a 28yr. old pro bowler who needs a fresh start who would fill the bill nicely.  It wouldn't surprise me if Ballard is doing his research right now.  Come on Chris.  You know how to construct a deal.

I like your thought process. I too think it will be someone that is released. So I will go with Randall Cobb (unless Robert Quinn is cut).

9 hours ago, gnet550 said:

If I had any feelings you may have hurt them.....but I am an Elementary PE Teacher....I have no feelings lol

An Elementary PE teacher?    Good for you!    I didn't know that even existed?!

It was a LONG time ago, but I didn't have my first PE teacher until Middle School, grades 7-9.   Times have changed...

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Wow

I had PE with a PE teacher in Kindergarten 

The only things I remember about kindergarten in the early 60's is......

-- Playing in the sandbox.. 

-- Playing on the jungle gym..

-- Taking a nap after graham crackers and milk..

Speaking of sleeping.......    :peek:

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

An Elementary PE teacher?    Good for you!    I didn't know that even existed?!

It was a LONG time ago, but I didn't have my first PE teacher until Middle School, grades 7-9.   Times have changed...

Yes I teach K-6th....challenging at tines...but what a joy it is to see a kid improve and learn how to do sports. I teach them basketball, soccer, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, floor hockey, and mix in a smattering of games and some fitness....I just hope each one finds something active they may play for the rest of their lives

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Yes I teach K-6th....challenging at tines...but what a joy it is to see a kid improve and learn how to do sports. I teach them basketball, soccer, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, floor hockey, and mix in a smattering of games and some fitness....I just hope each one finds something active they may play for the rest of their lives

Great!   Couldn't be happier!    So glad you're doing it and thank you for doing it!

Hope you can do it as long as you like until it's time to retire!

:colts:

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Great!   Couldn't be happier!    So glad you're doing it and thank you for doing it!

Hope you can do it as long as you like until it's time to retire!

:colts:

Thanks for the kind words..sometimes as a teacher you only hear the negative things lol

i hope I’m able to as well, it’s beats a desk job. I get to be up on my feet and engage in things I love...and I get to wear shorts or sweatpants every day to work!

Ok, I'll give you a name that's off the beaten path:

Kansas City DE/OLB Dee Ford

10 sacks in 2016, IR in 2017, plus doubts in KC that he should be retained, due to injury and cap dollars.

Just the kind of guy that Ballard seemed to look at last year - someone that has the possibility of high performance, but also risk due to recent injury issues.  Plus, he already knows the guy.

30 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Ok, I'll give you a name that's off the beaten path:

Kansas City DE/OLB Dee Ford

10 sacks in 2016, IR in 2017, plus doubts in KC that he should be retained, due to injury and cap dollars.

Just the kind of guy that Ballard seemed to look at last year - someone that has the possibility of high performance, but also risk due to recent injury issues.  Plus, he already knows the guy.

Will he be available?

3 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Thanks for the kind words..sometimes as a teacher you only hear the negative things lol

i hope I’m able to as well, it’s beats a desk job. I get to be up on my feet and engage in things I love...and I get to wear shorts or sweatpants every day to work!

I come from a family of teachers And know how you feel

On 2/17/2018 at 1:23 AM, NewColtsFan said:

The only things I remember about kindergarten in the early 60's is......

-- Playing in the sandbox.. 

-- Playing on the jungle gym..

-- Taking a nap after graham crackers and milk..

Speaking of sleeping.......    :peek:

Fingerpainting.