Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dave Borgonzi hired as LB coach

bertjones7

I’m shocked that there seems to be no interest in post.  With all the talk throughout the season about about how bad our LBs were.  I thought for sure there would be some comment be it good, bad, or indifferent about the new hire.  I honestly don’t know the guy, but I hope he improves our LBs (especially the inside).

He just coached at the Shrine game (East team I beleive) so he'll have some good insight on those defensive players....these fella's:

Defensive linemen
Curtis Cothren (DE), Penn State
Parker Cothren (DT), Penn State
Folorunso Fatukasi (DT), UConn
Dalton Keene (DE), Illinois State
Marcus Martin (DE), Slippery Rock
Jamiyus Pittman (DT), UCF
Deadrin Senat (DT), South Florida
Kentavius Street (DE), N.C. State
Chad Thomas (DE), Miami

Linebackers
Parris Bennett (ILB), Syracuse
Jason Cabinda (ILB), Penn State
D.J. Palmore (OLB), Navy
Jacob Pugh (OLB), Florida State
Matthew Thomas (OLB), Florida State
Chris Worley (ILB), Ohio State

Defensive backs
DeVonta' Delaney (CB), Miami
Brandon Facyson (CB), Virginia Tech
Tre Flowers (S), Oklahoma State
Grant Haley (CB), Penn State
Avonte Maddox (CB), Pittsburgh
Trey Marshall (S), Florida State
Jordan Martin (S), Syracuse
Deatrick Nichols (CB), South Florida
Jeremy Reaves (CB), South Alabama
Greg Stroman (CB), Virginia Tech
Jamar Summers (S), Connecticut
Tracy Walker (S), Louisiana-Lafayette
Damon Webb (S), Ohio State

I liked Street and Thomas as ends and Facyson as a corner out of that bunch.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

I'm not too concerned about the the LB coach. Of course I would want the best possible,  but our new DC was a LB coach. I think he will spend some time in the LB room and also have more to say in FA and the draft than the new LB coach. 

Bucs defense was awful but ill give it a chance.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, Albaby said:

our I’m shocked that there seems to be no interest in post.  With all the talk throughout the season about about how bad our LBs were.  I thought for sure there would be some comment be it good, bad, or indifferent about the new hire.  I honestly don’t know the guy, but I hope he improves our LBs (especially the inside).

Me too, to be honest. This forum can create some dumb topic and everyone and their mothers mother have to chime in and this one barely gets 10 replies especially since our LB core sucks.... Mind blowing

13 hours ago, TrueBlue12 said:

I'm not too concerned about the the LB coach. Of course I would want the best possible,  but our new DC was a LB coach. I think he will spend some time in the LB room and also have more to say in FA and the draft than the new LB coach. 

Didn't they say that about our last DC

13 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Bucs defense was awful but ill give it a chance.

Its not like our D was much better especially our linebackers

8 hours ago, neug3246 said:

Me too, to be honest. This forum can create some dumb topic and everyone and their mothers mother have to chime in and this one barely gets 10 replies especially since our LB core sucks.... Mind blowing

Didn't they say that about our last DC

Its not like our D was much better especially our linebackers

I agree which why I said ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:49 PM, Albaby said:

I’m shocked that there seems to be no interest in post.  With all the talk throughout the season about about how bad our LBs were.  I thought for sure there would be some comment be it good, bad, or indifferent about the new hire.  I honestly don’t know the guy, but I hope he improves our LBs (especially the inside).

I guess people are tired of talking out of their butts about these guys they know nothing about. It’s like they read Wikipedia or a puff piece and some people think they’re an authority 

Very excited to reinvent the LB group to fit the 4-3 defense!

About time we get linebackers that can cover receivers.

Morrison is a thumper and can do damage but need more speed and coverage ability.

Also excited about our new DC as a previous LB coach will know his stuff and this new LB coach will (hopefully) be on the same page to get and fit what we need!

As far as Mochacino was never impressed and seemed to blame the lack of player fit as opposed to adapting the scheme to fit the players. Which was oh so freaking typical in the Pags/Grigs crappy regime. Blah blah blah

Thank goodness we will have some new blood, energy and conviction to improve. Will stay positive and as always Go Colts!!!

Onward ever, backward never.

On 2/15/2018 at 6:16 PM, Scott Pennock said:

He just coached at the Shrine game (East team I beleive) so he'll have some good insight on those defensive players....these fella's:

Defensive linemen
Curtis Cothren (DE), Penn State
Parker Cothren (DT), Penn State
Folorunso Fatukasi (DT), UConn
Dalton Keene (DE), Illinois State
Marcus Martin (DE), Slippery Rock
Jamiyus Pittman (DT), UCF
Deadrin Senat (DT), South Florida
Kentavius Street (DE), N.C. State
Chad Thomas (DE), Miami

Linebackers
Parris Bennett (ILB), Syracuse
Jason Cabinda (ILB), Penn State
D.J. Palmore (OLB), Navy
Jacob Pugh (OLB), Florida State
Matthew Thomas (OLB), Florida State
Chris Worley (ILB), Ohio State

Defensive backs
DeVonta' Delaney (CB), Miami
Brandon Facyson (CB), Virginia Tech
Tre Flowers (S), Oklahoma State
Grant Haley (CB), Penn State
Avonte Maddox (CB), Pittsburgh
Trey Marshall (S), Florida State
Jordan Martin (S), Syracuse
Deatrick Nichols (CB), South Florida
Jeremy Reaves (CB), South Alabama
Greg Stroman (CB), Virginia Tech
Jamar Summers (S), Connecticut
Tracy Walker (S), Louisiana-Lafayette
Damon Webb (S), Ohio State

I liked Street and Thomas as ends and Facyson as a corner out of that bunch.

He actually served as the DC for the Shrine game. 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, Albaby said:

I think the bold is why the post doesn't get more play. When it comes to position coaches most are an unknown,  and it's often hard to judge them separate from the offense or defense they were formerly a part of. If it had been a recognizable former player I am sure more people would chime in; but like youself,  most simply "don't know the guy". 

28 minutes ago, esmort said:

I think the bold is why the post doesn't get more play. When it comes to position coaches most are an unknown,  and it's often hard to judge them separate from the offense or defense they were formerly a part of. If it had been a recognizable former player I am sure more people would chime in; but like youself,  most simply "don't know the guy". 

Good point