Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barkley a Bust? We should pass

Barkley will not bust. He may not live fully up to the hype, which will make many people, including many of you, to label him as a bust, but not being quite as good as you are projected to be doesn't make you a bust. It's like what happened with the 2005 Draft Class. The 49ers grabbed Alex Smith, and passed on possibly the best quarterback currently in the league in Aaron Rodgers. Just because Smith didn't totally live up to the hype of going before Rodgers right away doesn't make him a bust. People always falsely accuse talented players of being busts after only one season. They might just have had a down rookie year, and will come back full throttle next season. In my humble opinion, though, Barkley is a safer pick at running back than Leonard Fournette and Todd Gurley coming out of college, and only slightly behind Ezekiel Elliott's potential due to Elliot being a fantastic pass protector. Don't go around labeling players as busts to soon, much less before they are even drafted!

The pass rush class is very weak this year chubb is good but not great. He is how ever the best pass rusher in the draft which is why he is being highly over valued. He definitely will not the best player available. Barkley is the best player in the draft, if he is there when we pick we would be stupid to pass him up.

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

Barkley will not bust. He may not live fully up to the hype, which will make many people, including many of you, to label him as a bust, but not being quite as good as you are projected to be doesn't make you a bust. It's like what happened with the 2005 Draft Class. The Chiefs grabbed Alex Smith, and passed on possibly the best quarterback currently in the league in Aaron Rodgers. Just because Smith didn't totally live up to the hype of going before Rodgers right away doesn't make him a bust. People always falsely accuse talented players of being busts after only one season. They might just have had a down rookie year, and will come back full throttle next season. In my humble opinion, though, Barkley is a safer pick at running back than Leonard Fournette and Todd Gurley coming out of college, only slightly behind Ezekiel Elliots potential due to Elliot being a fantastic pass protector. Don't go around labeling players as busts to soon, much less before they are even drafted!

The 49ers drafted smith, not the chiefs...

2 hours ago, King! said:

Protect the damn franchise Quarterback!

Add talent around number 12.

Help Andrew Luck.

That will always be our #1 need.

Luck is our most valuable asset. Not Bradley Chubb.

Bradley Chubb can't pass protect for Luck.

I'm all in for drafting Quenton Nelson.

I would love Nelson but not at #3 if we end up trading back I would be all for it

13 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

The pass rush class is very weak this year chubb is good but not great. He is how ever the best pass rusher in the draft which is why he is being highly over valued. He definitely will not the best player available. Barkley is the best player in the draft, if he is there when we pick we would be stupid to pass him up.

Exactly...And the difference between Chubb and guys like Okoronkwo,Key, Davenport and Landry isn't much..They could easily be better..Chubb has never impressed me that much..

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We don’t need a top 5 RB

We also don't need to take a pass rusher at #3, who wouldn't even be a top 10 pick in a lot of previous drafts, including last year... Derek Barnett was picked 14th last year and is better than Chubb, and had 5 sacks as a rookie..Barkley would be top 5 pick in any draft last 20 years, and BPA in a lot of them...

11 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

We also don't need to take a pass rusher at #3, who wouldn't even be a top 10 pick in a lot of previous drafts, including last year... Derek Barnett was picked 14th last year and is better than Chubb, and had 5 sacks as a rookie..Barkley would be top 5 pick in any draft last 20 years, and BPA in a lot of them...

Never said Chubb either

Personally, I think Bradley if available would be a good pick at 3, just from his receiving aspect, he's more than a  running back as most of you perceive him. that is key, But i also believe  that someone like Chubb as an edge rusher would also be a key  player in our system. Wish we could have both.  But with ether way the pick falls I have no problem  with either.

I would take Barkley if-and-ONLY-if we solidify the line through free agency.  That means improving at least two of our three question marks (LG, RG, RT).  Barkley can’t be a bust right now (before the draft?  Really?), but he could easily become one if he’s thrown into the wrong situation.  We are currently the wrong situation.

2 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

The 49ers drafted smith, not the chiefs...

Sorry, slipped up a bit. I'm a bit rusty on my NFL History knowledge. Been working on some memory games lately to help me get back up to speed it all. Thanks for catching that! Honestly, though, I don't think it makes a difference.:jump:

On 2/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, BOTT said:

10 sacks/21 TFL as a junior and 10 sacks/23 TFLas a senior isnt production?

TY, his tfl are overlooked and he is good against the run. I just don't feel like Barkley will be succssful behind our line and developing offense. He may be the better player potentially but not starting his career in indy. I know everyone says take best player over needs. But there has to be some bend to that theory, because we really need pass rush. With chubb your getting a guy who can shut the edge down on runs and is constantly in the back field. I believe we have a young talented and shutdown  secondary blossoming and chubb complements that perfectly.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:59 PM, That Guy said:

I would take Barkley if-and-ONLY-if we solidify the line through free agency.  That means improving at least two of our three question marks (LG, RG, RT).  Barkley can’t be a bust right now (before the draft?  Really?), but he could easily become one if he’s thrown into the wrong situation.  We are currently the wrong situation.

Ding ding ding winner... someone who gets it.