Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Colts Mock Draft

I have a hard time seeing Dontari Poe at 34 now, but obviously a great pick if still on there. I'm not crazy about Pead, and I don't even think he'll be there in the 3rd round. St. Louis may take him with the 2nd round pick of whoever they trade with because they need a change of pace back and future starter behind Steven Jackson. I like Chris Polk more.BJ Cunningham is a bit of a reach in the 4th round IMO.

Cut Brackett, Bullitt, Addai and restructure or cut Manning

Sign Carl Nicks, Jaret Johnson, Tom Zbikowski and Stevie Johnson

Re Sign Robert Mathis and Jamaal Anderson

Trade Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for their 2nd and 3rd round picks

Trade our 2nd and 3rd round pick to the Eagles for their 2 2nd rounders.

Trade Dallas Clark to the Giants for their 3rd round pick.

1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2. Kendall Wright WR Baylor

2. Brandon Thompson NT Clemson

2. Coby Fleener TE Stanford

3. Chase Minnfield CB Virginia

3. Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin

4. Chris Polk RB Washington

4. Nigel Bradham or Vontazae Burfict(!) ILB Florida State/ Arizona State

5. Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinatti

6. Donte Paige-Moss OLB North Carolina

6. Trenton Robinson S Michigan State

7. Chris Rainey PR/KR/RB Florida

Have you been playing Madden recently?

Have you been playing Madden recently?

Why? All those things are possible. Carl Nicks is the only big contract in FA and we should have enough after cutting all those guys, Zbikowski and Johnson could come for cheap, and since I don't have Reggie or Garçon back next year we can sign Stevie Johnson instead, who won't demand a huge contract. Dwight Freeney to Buffalo is possible because they really need a pass rushing 4-3 DE and the only way they can get one in the draft is by reaching for someone. Dallas Clark for a 3rd may be a reach but both the Giants TEs tore their ACLs in the Super Bowl and unless they're comfortable with starting a rookie TE I think they'll pull the trigger on a trade for a veteran TE and Clark would possibly be the best one on the market.

I have a hard time seeing Dontari Poe at 34 now, but obviously a great pick if still on there. I'm not crazy about Pead, and I don't even think he'll be there in the 3rd round. St. Louis may take him with the 2nd round pick of whoever they trade with because they need a change of pace back and future starter behind Steven Jackson. I like Chris Polk more.BJ Cunningham is a bit of a reach in the 4th round IMO.

1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2. Kendall Wright WR Baylor

2. Brandon Thompson NT Clemson

2. Coby Fleener TE Stanford

3. Chase Minnfield CB Virginia

3. Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin

4. Chris Polk RB Washington

4. Nigel Bradham or Vontazae Burfict(!) ILB Florida State/ Arizona State

5. Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinatti

6. Donte Paige-Moss OLB North Carolina

6. Trenton Robinson S Michigan State

7. Chris Rainey PR/KR/RB Florida

Great mock. Only change I would make would be picking up another secondary player rather than Polk in fourth. Lots of depth at corner this year and we need help. Boykins if minnifield is gone.

Great mock. Only change I would make would be picking up another secondary player rather than Polk in fourth. Lots of depth at corner this year and we need help. Boykins if minnifield is gone.

I was thinking about changing the Polk pick to Jayron Hosley, Polk apparently had a good combine and brought his stock back up to 2nd round, and no way I'm spending a 2nd rounder on a RB.

Why? All those things are possible. Carl Nicks is the only big contract in FA and we should have enough after cutting all those guys, Zbikowski and Johnson could come for cheap, and since I don't have Reggie or Garçon back next year we can sign Stevie Johnson instead, who won't demand a huge contract. Dwight Freeney to Buffalo is possible because they really need a pass rushing 4-3 DE and the only way they can get one in the draft is by reaching for someone. Dallas Clark for a 3rd may be a reach but both the Giants TEs tore their ACLs in the Super Bowl and unless they're comfortable with starting a rookie TE I think they'll pull the trigger on a trade for a veteran TE and Clark would possibly be the best one on the market.

why? well for starters, we wouldnt save hardly anything at all from cutting those 3 guys. Secondly, the saints plan to use the franchise tag on Nicks after they sign brees...and third, we wouldnt get that much in trade from Freeney or Clark, simply because trades in the NFL dont get you that much, just the way it is.

In a fantasy land, some of what you said would be nice...i just dont see any way for most of it to happen.

Poe will no longer be there in round 2. A lot of the concerns that I, as well as the informed majority had about him were dashed with an excellent showing at the Combine. If he falls even to pick 20, someone will be getting a steal. Some insiders I've spoken with now have him as high as 11 to Kansas City.

Face it: unless we trade the Luck pick, we just aren't going to get the defensive players we want for a long tine.

Oh, and Nicks will be the highest paid OG in football. There's no way we are pursuing him, and the Saints will likely tag him until they can write up a deal anyway

Poe will no longer be there in round 2. A lot of the concerns that I, as well as the informed majority had about him were dashed with an excellent showing at the Combine. If he falls even to pick 20, someone will be getting a steal. Some insiders I've spoken with now have him as high as 11 to Kansas City.

Face it: unless we trade the Luck pick, we just aren't going to get the defensive players we want for a long tine.

Oh, and Nicks will be the highest paid OG in football. There's no way we are pursuing him, and the Saints will likely tag him until they can write up a deal anyway

I agree with you mostly. Poe will be gone before we pick in the second and Nicks will be too expensive. I do think there will be some solid defensive players there for us at 34 though. Not everybody with 1st round talent can be drafted in the first round. Reyes should still be there and was pretty impressive yesterday and Denard and Minnifield should be too. Denard just ran a pretty good forty. May creep back into the picture

Reyes would be nice, but basically the best defensive players are showing well in Indianapolis. The guys who can contribute immediately will likely not be there for us at 34. We could get 2-3 of them without Luck, however. I personally think that would do us better going forward, but I can't say that out loud. Er...whoops.

why so negative? plenty of great defensive players don't go in the first...

i agree there is 0 chance the colts pursue nicks, but i can't see the saints wrapping up that much money in the 2 guards...