Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich In The Film Room

krunk

5 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I will add QB development to the list. Reich has helped Manning, Rivers, Wentz and Foles. That alone holds more value to me than anything that Campbell could bring...and it is imperative that the Colts have someone that can do this...even if he doesn't cal plays.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :thmup: I don't believe Ballard's friend Bevell can develop either. Luck has had enough of underwhelming ocs. Many Seahawk players have complained about Bevell's basic offense once he was fired.

35 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :thmup: I don't believe Ballard's friend Bevell can develop either. Luck has had enough of underwhelming ocs. Many Seahawk players have complained about Bevell's basic offense once he was fired.

Who was complaining about Bevell's offense?  I saw Doug Baldwin defending him.

17 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Who was complaining about Bevell's offense?  I saw Doug Baldwin defending him.

Some believe it to be Russell Wilson himself as well as others behind the scenes which led to his dismisal. Doug has always defended and praised Bevell especially for giving him a chance in the offense. In regards to other players everyone else has been mum on the subject.   

I think Bevells offense would work here. You have to look at Bevell and Brett Favre not Bevell and Russell Wilson. How Favre operated in that system is closer to what we would do with Andrew. But I like Phillys system better along with the past influences of Peyton, Tom Moore, and Jim Kelly on Frank Reich. I like that Reichs a former QB along with having been to the Superbowl many times as a player. And just got finished playing a significant role in winning one as a coach. I can't entirely know but I don't feel like he'd have much problem getting guys to buy in especially with a brand new shiny Superbowl ring on his finger.

19 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Please God no.... Gore needs to go... he’s old, the only reason he gets close to 1k yards is on volume and he has not big play potential.... not worth our precious cap space...

We have so much cap space, I don't think 3 mil is that burdenous. I get what you're saying tho, definitely shouldn't be our starter in '19. He'd be great as a RB mentor in Indy, but he deserves to go to a contender next year. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think Bevells offense would work here. You have to look at Bevell and Brett Favre not Bevell and Russell Wilson. How Favre operated in that system is closer to what we would do with Andrew. But I like Phillys system better along with the past influences of Peyton, Tom Moore, and Jim Kelly on Frank Reich. I like that Reichs a former QB along with having been to the Superbowl many times as a player. And just got finished playing a significant role in winning one as a coach. I can't entirely know but I don't feel like he'd have much problem getting guys to buy in especially with a brand new shiny Superbowl ring on his finger.

Hey Krunk I'm with you about Frank. Not really a fan of Bevell but if you pair him with Frank I like the combo because I totally forgot he was the oc when the Vikings made that run with Farve. This whole notion about hiring Campbell because he's a leader of men but has no said specialty is a head scratcher to me. How about try bringing in some talented players that want to strive for greatness while trying to become the best at their position and who will fight to win at all costs instead of subpar, injury prone guys who need motivating to earn their checks!

In one of these threads it's been reported by Brad Wells that trouble is brewing because Ballard wants Campbell and Irsay wants Reich with Manning co-signing with Irsay. Let me get this straight the first time gm has quickly flipped flopped from wanting a offensive minded hc to help in the development of Luck to a guy with a very limited resume but has the tough talk and LOOKS the part? Are you kidding me? That is scary in itself. At this point I don't know what Ballard's vision is. I guess he's changed his mind like Josh McDaniels. I found it interesting that Polian said the rule of thumb is NOT to sign assistants to contracts for a potential hc until said person has signed on the dotted line period.

Fans keep talking about the team's past success in the Manning era but Irsay had a lot to do with that starting with the signing of HOF gm Bill Polian and wanting HOF hc Tony Dungy as his coach. The lines seem to get blurred because of Irsay's decision to hold on to Pagano and Grigson too long. With this hc hire I think he needs to follow his gut because Campbell sounds like Pagano 2.0

2 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Hey Krunk I'm with you about Frank. Not really a fan of Bevell but if you pair him with Frank I like the combo because I totally forgot he was the oc when the Vikings made that run with Farve. This whole notion about hiring Campbell because he's a leader of men but has no said specialty is a head scratcher to me. How about try bringing in some talented players that want to strive for greatness while trying to become the best at their position and who will fight to win at all costs instead of subpar, injury prone guys who need motivating to earn their checks!

In one of these threads it's been reported by Brad Wells that trouble is brewing because Ballard wants Campbell and Irsay wants Reich with Manning co-signing with Irsay. Let me get this straight the first time gm has quickly flipped flopped from wanting a offensive minded hc to help in the development of Luck to a guy with a very limited resume but has the tough talk and LOOKS the part? Are you kidding me? That is scary in itself. At this point I don't know what Ballard's vision is. I guess he's changed his mind like Josh McDaniels. I found it interesting that Polian said the rule of thumb is NOT to sign assistants to contracts for a potential hc until said person has signed on the dotted line period.

Fans keep talking about the team's past success in the Manning era but Irsay had a lot to do with that starting with the signing of HOF gm Bill Polian and wanting HOF hc Tony Dungy as his coach. The lines seem to get blurred because of Irsay's decision to hold on to Pagano and Grigson too long. With this hc hire I think he needs to follow his gut because Campbell sounds like Pagano 2.0

Brad Wells is still maintaining that Reich is the hire just about for sure but of course you have to realize who the messenger is. I am keeping an eye on it because Campbell just feels like a guy Ballard would want. Its getting a little bit more clear he likes the Bill Parcells influence. Mcdaniels is a little bit further down the line but Bellichick is his mentor and we know Bellichivk is influenced by Parcells. On the other side of the coin I can totally see the Irsays wanting Frank Reich. Especially if Polian and Manning are making outside recommendations. That along with Irsay knowing Frank Reich very well. I think this late in the game if you have to make a last minute hire you go with the guy you and your organization know very well. I wouldn't doubt if the Irsays are grabbing some control here. Irsay may have even warned Ballard about Mcdaniels at some point, but maybe trusted Ballard a bit too much.

I'm just speculating on that. I feel like someone with the Colts would have pointed to Ballard about some of Mcdaniels previous patterns over the last season or two when it came to showing interest then backing out. Also it seems like someone would have said to him in light of all the negative scrutiny and other losses New England took from deflate gate

there could be a chance this deal could take a funny twist

5 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

You really believe Ballard would hire Campbell because he talks tough and looks the part? Give the guy some credit.