Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why not Dabo Swinney???


Recommended Posts

Look here, I said we should look into him last year, and got bashed for it..He won a National Title at freaking Clemson, they were in the mix again this year without Watson..He might not be the so called "untouchable", like Urban Meyer or Harbaugh..He could be next Jimmy Johnson, that's who I compare him to coaching and personality wise..Why not call him make a big offer? I'm ok with Reich, it could work out, just seems like the safe vanilla decision to make which may turn out great or be Pagano 2.0..After the McDaniels fiasco, if I'm Irsay i'm going big, guns loaded taking a shot..He is a guy I have zero doubt players would love, and run through a wall for..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Look here, I said we should look into him last year, and got bashed for it..He won a National Title at freaking Clemson, they were in the mix again this year without Watson..He might not be the so called "untouchable", like Urban Meyer or Harbaugh..He could be next Jimmy Johnson, that's who I compare him to coaching and personality wise..Why not call him make a big offer? I'm ok with Reich, it could work out, just seems like the safe vanilla decision to make which may turn out great or be Pagano 2.0..After the McDaniels fiasco, if I'm Irsay i'm going big, guns loaded taking a shot..He is a guy I have zero doubt play2.0.would love, and run through a wall for..

Bigger question, why start 3, repeat, 3 threads with this exact question?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Bigger question, why start 3, repeat, 3 threads with this exact question?

 

I'd guess his internet connection got slow, and he wasn't sure it was sending.

 

I don't know anything about Dabo. So, no strong feelings about him either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Look here, I said we should look into him last year, and got bashed for it..He won a National Title at freaking Clemson, they were in the mix again this year without Watson..He might not be the so called "untouchable", like Urban Meyer or Harbaugh..He could be next Jimmy Johnson, that's who I compare him to coaching and personality wise..Why not call him make a big offer? I'm ok with Reich, it could work out, just seems like the safe vanilla decision to make which may turn out great or be Pagano 2.0..After the McDaniels fiasco, if I'm Irsay i'm going big, guns loaded taking a shot..He is a guy I have zero doubt players would love, and run through a wall for..

Well. Reich is 56 which means he'll probably only coach at the most 9 to 10 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Look here, I said we should look into him last year, and got bashed for it..He won a National Title at freaking Clemson, they were in the mix again this year without Watson..He might not be the so called "untouchable", like Urban Meyer or Harbaugh..He could be next Jimmy Johnson, that's who I compare him to coaching and personality wise..Why not call him make a big offer? I'm ok with Reich, it could work out, just seems like the safe vanilla decision to make which may turn out great or be Pagano 2.0..After the McDaniels fiasco, if I'm Irsay i'm going big, guns loaded taking a shot..He is a guy I have zero doubt players would love, and run through a wall for..

 

I would be willing to bet you were "bashed" not for the idea itself but more likely for the way over the top way in which your presented it.  

 

Back to the idea - he completely strikes me as a college coach.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jskinnz said:

 

I would be willing to bet you were "bashed" not for the idea itself but more likely for the way over the top way in which your presented it.  

 

Back to the idea - he completely strikes me as a college coach.   

Same could be said about Jimmy Johnson...right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodness, I hope the Colts hire a coach soon. All of these suggestions that are being thrown out for the Colts to hire all lack one pretty important thing: they don’t want to leave what they’re doing!

 

Manning, Saban, Sweeney, Harbaugh, and whoever else that has been mentioned are not interested! We all do realize that it takes two people to get a job - the person hiring and the person APPLYING. 

 

I am sure conversations are constantly had (like Ballard mentioned in his presser) and feelers are constantly put out to gauge an individual’s thinking. 

 

*However, I do hope rumors get out that Dabo Sweeney might be interested so that Urban Meyer can get a little payback. Is that wrong? It probably is...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mds said:

Goodness, I hope the Colts hire a coach soon. All of these suggestions that are being thrown out for the Colts to hire all lack one pretty important thing: they don’t want to leave what they’re doing!

 

Manning, Saban, Sweeney, Harbaugh, and whoever else that has been mentioned are not interested! We all do realize that it takes two people to get a job - the person hiring and the person APPLYING. 

 

I am sure conversations are constantly had (like Ballard mentioned in his presser) and feelers are constantly put out to gauge an individual’s thinking. 

 

*However, I do hope rumors get out that Dabo Sweeney might be interested so that Urban Meyer can get a little payback. Is that wrong? It probably is...

Would you take Reich over any? Have we reached out to them? Who knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Would you take Reich over any? Have we reached out to them? Who knows?

 

Sadly, they haven’t invited me into the process. I’m not being coy when I say that. I’m operating in an absence of information. I don’t know who I would take if I were Ballard because I don’t know (1) who has applied, (2) what they said when they were interviewed, and (3) how they would mesh with my personality and the others in the building. 

 

For the purpsoses of the internet though, I understand that there are some sexier candidates than others. However, I know Doug Pederson was no one’s first choice and he just won a Super Bowl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mds said:

 

Sadly, they haven’t invited me into the process. I’m not being coy when I say that. I’m operating in an absence of information. I don’t know who I would take if I were Ballard because I don’t know (1) who has applied, (2) what they said when they were interviewed, and (3) how they would mesh with my personality and the others in the building. 

 

For the purpsoses of the internet though, I understand that there are some sexier candidates than others. However, I know Doug Pederson was no one’s first choice and he just won a Super Bowl. 

You are correct. ..Reich could very well be Don Shula...All i am saying is put a few pitbulls in the ring at least....Then decide..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

You are correct. ..Reich could very well be Don Shula...All i am saying is put a few pitbulls in the ring at least....Then decide..

 

Fair enough! The only problem is that we have to have a pit bull want to get in our ring.

 

It is similar to the Pacers. There will be a ton of upper tier free agents this summer. Fans can scream “Why don’t they sign Lebron?!” The reality is that Lebron was never considering Indiana. 

 

Similarly, there are many coaches that are not even considering the Indianapolis Colts coaching opportunity. Those that are, I’d love to get the best of that group. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Wow..idk why that happened? Mods please fix..

haha just teasing bud.

12 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I made 1 thread last yr when we should have fired Pagano..Who's your choice? Let me guess??? Lol

Honestly, never have had a choice, said that many times on here over the last several months. This me, none of the candidates were ever a "must have" including JM. That's why in the poll I made last month, I never voted. I'll be content in the near term with whomever it is that Ballard hires. Won't be thrilled, won't be disappointed or discouraged just in a wait and see pattern. 

 

I dont know if theres a candidate out there out there that would get me excited.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly do not think Swinney would leave the collegiate level. He is having way to much fun at Clemson and has a very good thing going there. He is one of the highest paid college coaches also. and he could end up being the successor to Saban at bama when he decides to retire. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be against hiring him, I think he could make the colts exciting to watch, but I just dont see him jumping to the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csmopar said:

haha just teasing bud.

Honestly, never have had a choice, said that many times on here over the last several months. This me, none of the candidates were ever a "must have" including JM. That's why in the poll I made last month, I never voted. I'll be content in the near term with whomever it is that Ballard hires. Won't be thrilled, won't be disappointed or discouraged just in a wait and see pattern. 

 

I dont know if theres a candidate out there out there that would get me excited.

 

yeah I hear ya....Only one I really liked and was sure about was Wilks...It's a pretty sad year for coaching candidates.....Should have gotten Kyle Shanahan last year...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the guy. He is a lot of fun to watch and listen to. But who in the world would want to leave the great Clemson success he has built for the snake pit of the NFL. It's like all the conversations about Manning- why leave a great gig to put yourself into the middle of this mess. If someone is looking for a challenge however, this is a great place because it is a challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Why though? What is your reasoning? 

Some people do not want to leave their comfort zone, as we have experienced. Heck, these guys wouldnt even be getting a pay raise to leave their schools. They are the gms, coach, president, whatever and run their programs. Why ruin a good thing? Could they lead an NFL team? Probably, but why take the risk? Lifers at the college/semi pro ranks aint too bad and these guys livin large doin so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...