Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Patriots organization in hiding, or what?

ReMeDy

The Colts put out statements on Facebook and conducted a press conference; when will New England do the same? I'm looking on New England's Facebook and Twitter and so far the last thing mentioned is them saying their goodbyes to Matt Patricia. Not one announcement that they're retaining Josh McDaniels, which seems odd. Wouldn't they want to inform their fan base about this? I gave them the benefit of the down, but it's now been 24 business hours since the Josh McDaniels debacle.

It reminds me of when I was a little boy and I'd hide from my mom if I did something wrong -- eventually, you realize you're sharing the same house, and you have to reveal yourself.

11 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

The Colts put out statements on Facebook and conducted a press conference; when will New England do the same? I'm looking on New England's Facebook and Twitter and so far the last thing mentioned is them saying their goodbyes to Matt Patricia. Not one announcement that they're retaining Josh McDaniels, which seems odd. Wouldn't they want to inform their fan base about this? I gave them the benefit of the down, but it's now been 24 business hours since the Josh McDaniels debacle.

It reminds me of when I was a little boy and I'd hide from my mom if I did something wrong -- eventually, you realize you're sharing the same house, and you have to reveal yourself.

It's because that organization looks bad because of this. There is no good excuse for what happened and they are being ripped to shreds by the media and fans. McDaniels affected 3 other Coaches and their families that were already hired by us because of who he wanted. A lot of people think Kraft and BB are behind this as well. Adam Schefter even Tweeted that this was Kraft sticking it to us because of Deflategate. Schefter normally doesn't Post stuff like that.

When Ballard did that press conference, is that something he HAD to do, kind of like how the NFL expects players to do sit-down meetings? If not, I appreciate he manned up and showed himself. It's not like he hid out of embarrassment, thankfully.

I would expect the Patriots to speak up. Of course, they're embarrassed by it too, but you'd think they'd have something to say.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Speaking of Patricia, he's a new man!!! What a transformation. He is clean looking now, happy........

Before:

710x380-20141219-patricia-chatham.jpg?it

After:

636536197559286960-matt-patricia.jpg

I still see that #2 pencil behind Patricia's ear. Seriously, he wore it at his first formal press conference with the Lions? 

I keep thinking of lyrics from Chicago's "Hard Habit To Break" song...

"...Now being without you
Takes a lot of getting used to
Should learn to live with it
But I don't want to...

I'm addicted to ya babe
You're a hard habit to break."

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Very perceptive statement right there RMDY. Spot on.

NE can't exactly pretend that they didn't welcome McDaniels back into the fold now can they? :D

Truth be told, I think Foxboro is still scratching their head over not playing Malcolm Butler in the SB at all. 

To quote former HC Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." Or at least put your best players on the field. 

It still bothers me that BB got away with "We put our best players out there" nonsense after the SB. No, you didn't. 

INDY may have been in a temporary state of confusion after Josh's boneheaded move, but NE is far from smooth sailing at the moment. There's some serious tension in Boston right now. Good. 

IMO, while the Colt's issues are very much in the public spotlight (ie-finding a new HC), the Patriot's issues revolve around "in house issues" (ie-setting up for internal organizational transition).

Let's face it, the Pats rarely choose to conduct their "business" publically.  As the whole McD situation was unfolding Tuesday evening, Kraft & BB were seen publically having dinner together (pic below).  This pic looks like something straight outta "Goodfellas"....

Dinner_Tuesday.JPG

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In the 1st pick he was manly enough to stare down Grigson lmao 

Not manly enough to stop Nick "nerdy" Foles though. I have a TON of question marks surrounding this guy if I was Detroit fans. Didn't they try one of Belichicks disciples before with Jim Schwartz? Oh well....good luck to them. I still think Jim Caldwell did a ton to stabilize that franchise.

2 hours ago, Jaric said:

I'm like 95% convinced Patricia and that pencil have a master blaster type relationship going on.

Isn't it akward to see ex-patriots try to have a sense of humor....like its so canned and forced...like all the life has been sucked out of them lol!!!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Not manly enough to stop Nick "nerdy" Foles though. I have a TON of question marks surrounding this guy if I was Detroit fans. Didn't they try one of Belichicks disciples before with Jim Schwartz? Oh well....good luck to them. I still think Jim Caldwell did a ton to stabilize that franchise.

Regarding being a HeadCoach I am not sure how he will do? Caldwell did ok there.