Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendall Wright In The 2Nd?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7425&line=228589&spln=1

With his 4.6 40 time, he could easily fall to us in the 2nd to give us a great WR to replace Garcon if/when he leaves. I think there is a greater chance we resign Wayne over Garcon, and even if we lose both, Kendall Wright can be our "Steve Smith" type of playmaker for us. We would still need at least 1 more WR from Free Agency or later in draft, but getting Wright with the 34th pick would be great for Luck.

If Poe and Barron is gone, I wouldn't even hesitate to pick Kendall Wright. But I wonder why he was so slow. Maybe just a bad day...?

Yeah he could have had just an off day or something. 40 times dont worry me too much though. I look at game speed more than 40 time speed. The other athletic drills are actually more important than the 40. Drills showing his cutting and agility skills.

Yeah he could have had just an off day or something. 40 times dont worry me too much though. I look at game speed more than 40 time speed. The other athletic drills are actually more important than the 40. Drills showing his cutting and agility skills.

Wright looks fast on the field, and had no problem burning defenses on the field. It probably was just a bad day.

This is why I would love to have 2 second round picks. A lot of talent is going to be there at the top of the second and we have many holes to fill.

Yes, same can be said about the entire second round as well, so trading down from No.34 to get 2 second round picks would be wonderful.

Yes, same can be said about the entire second round as well, so trading down from No.34 to get 2 second round picks would be wonderful.

I'm not sure Kendall Wright or Poe will fall to the middle of the 2nd round to where the Eagles picks. I am for trading Freeney for a 2nd though, so an ideal draft would be

Poe

Wright

Hightower (?)

Kendall Wrights shows his speed on tape. Hes got game day speed, just like Jerry Rice did. I doubt he will slide and if he does hes worth a look but I find it funny how everyone talks about how bad the D is, yet nobody is willing to use high picks on D.

We need to draft best player available, period. If thats a WR, then its a WR. Plus we could end up losing both Garcon and Wayne so WR becomes a huge need.

I would love Wright in second. And grab Streeter/Hill in 3rd or 4th. I would rather Reggie stay than Garcon, But that means that in a couple years we will need someone to replace Reggie so bringing in 2 WR in now would be nice. I would like to take care of some needs on Defense in free agency, unless Poe is there at 34 he is my pick.

i'm starting to question the validity of the 40 times....so luke kuechly is faster than kendall wright? yeah.......

I don't get how you can question the validity of it. In the combine Kendall Wright ran a bad 40 yard dash in comparison to Keuchly. Kuechly came in better shape performed very well, Kendal Wright on the other hand was a disappointment. You can replay their run a million times and the facts are still valid. Wright simply ran a bad 40 yard dash and everyone there knows it. It's not to say Wright is a slow player, because if you look on tape he isn't but in the NFL combine setting he simply just had a bad day.

I don't get how you can question the validity of it. In the combine Kendall Wright ran a bad 40 yard dash in comparison to Keuchly. Kuechly came in better shape performed very well, Kendal Wright on the other hand was a disappointment. You can replay their run a million times and the facts are still valid. Wright simply ran a bad 40 yard dash and everyone there knows it. It's not to say Wright is a slow player, because if you look on tape he isn't but in the NFL combine setting he simply just had a bad day.

i wasn't trying to be that serious.....i do understand the timing mechanism works

You know this is the first time I've heard this mentioned, but I think this actually makes a whole lot of sense and could result in getting two very nice players. There is a lot of depth at CB and WR this year so why not get both.

No, the Colts have bigger needs like CB, NT and OG. If Wright dropped to the 3rd, then that's another story, but it's not worth spending a 2nd round pick on a Mike Thomas-like player. Also, I thought he was 4.4 fast, something must have been up as 4.6 does not seem right.

I would rather have Chris Givens than Kendall Wright.

No, the Colts have bigger needs like CB, NT and OG. If Wright dropped to the 3rd, then that's another story, but it's not worth spending a 2nd round pick on a Mike Thomas-like player. Also, I thought he was 4.4 fast, something must have been up as 4.6 does not seem right.

We can sign a NT in FA & draft one in a late Round. We can also get an OG in FA & draft one in an early Round. the CB would definitely have to come early though b/c they're coveted. I would like to trade down with Philly, Our #34/#65 for their #46/#51. I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Freeney to Buffalo or Miami for their 2nd Rd pick ( and possibly 3rd). That way we can pick up high quality personnel.

Now there are reports that Barron wont participate in his pro day. This is another guy I would love to see fall to us at the 34 spot. Barron or Wright would be amazing picks!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/top-prospects-richardson-barron-to-miss-alabama-pro-day/

I could see Harrison Smith take Barron's spot as the best SS in the draft. Maybe Barron falls to the middle of the 2nd and we can trade Freeney for him, but if Reggie and Garçon leave WR is a bigger need. We can't make Luck's life more miserable than Colt McCoy's.

I could see Harrison Smith take Barron's spot as the best SS in the draft. Maybe Barron falls to the middle of the 2nd and we can trade Freeney for him, but if Reggie and Garçon leave WR is a bigger need. We can't make Luck's life more miserable than Colt McCoy's.

So with our 34th pick we could get a WR like Kendall Wright, then with the Freeney traded pick we get Mark Barron! Would LOVE that. I still would like to see Coby Fleener brought in as well to give Luck a familiar target.

So with our 34th pick we could get a WR like Kendall Wright, then with the Freeney traded pick we get Mark Barron! Would LOVE that. I still would like to see Coby Fleener brought in as well to give Luck a familiar target.

I'd love to have Fleener, but I don't think we'll use a 2nd rounder on a TE. We can hope Orson Charles and Dwayne Allen have awesome pro days, which will drop Fleener to the 3rd. Slim chance but possible.

http://www.rotoworld...e=228589&spln=1

With his 4.6 40 time, he could easily fall to us in the 2nd to give us a great WR to replace Garcon if/when he leaves. I think there is a greater chance we resign Wayne over Garcon, and even if we lose both, Kendall Wright can be our "Steve Smith" type of playmaker for us. We would still need at least 1 more WR from Free Agency or later in draft, but getting Wright with the 34th pick would be great for Luck.

If we dont resign Garcon then we need a speed receiver. White is comming off a back injury and may not make it all the way back. Even if he does he is a possesion receiver like Collie. A speed receiver is needed to force the safeties to play deeper giving the running backs some room.

I would like to use the second round pick on Josh Robinson and the third on Ta Amu. maybe Sam Jones would last to the 4th but he is a speed receiver who is moving up draft boards. This is a deep draft for WRs and we could possibly get an undrafted FA who could contribute. We need a CB, NT, WR,G, and C desperately.

If we dont resign Garcon then we need a speed receiver. White is comming off a back injury and may not make it all the way back. Even if he does he is a possesion receiver like Collie. A speed receiver is needed to force the safeties to play deeper giving the running backs some room.

Chris Givens, Wake Forest. 4.41 - 40 yard, runs good routes and can catch the ball when no one is within 10 yards of him, unlike Garcon!

I would like to use the second round pick on Josh Robinson and the third on Ta Amu. maybe Sam Jones would last to the 4th but he is a speed receiver who is moving up draft boards. This is a deep draft for WRs and we could possibly get an undrafted FA who could contribute. We need a CB, NT, WR,G, and C desperately.

i agree. The NT and OG can come in FA, though. CB and WR are areas that I think we should target early in the draft. David Molk, C, Michigan is someone I think we should go after, maybe around Rounds 4-5.

I would rather have Chris Givens than Kendall Wright.

We can sign a NT in FA & draft one in a late Round. We can also get an OG in FA & draft one in an early Round. the CB would definitely have to come early though b/c they're coveted. I would like to trade down with Philly, Our #34/#65 for their #46/#51. I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Freeney to Buffalo or Miami for their 2nd Rd pick ( and possibly 3rd). That way we can pick up high quality personnel.

Buddy buddy buddy, there are a lot of things you need to be up to date on...

- You're right on signing an NT like Garay in FA, but drafting one late would just be a waste. Arguably the Colts biggest need is the NT spot, and spending a late round pick on a NT would be a waste. Spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on one, or even trade up for Dontario Poe.

- Not too many reasonably priced OG in the FA this year. Carl Nicks comes to mind, but he wants to be the highest paid OG in the NFL... that's not happening. The only realistic OG that's pretty cheap is Bobbie Williams of the Bengals, he's good. Now in the draft, we have bigger needs than OG, although OG is a need. OG is a spot we could use a middle round pick (4-6th round) on and get a potential starter. You don't get those with NTs.

- I completely disagree with your analysis on the CB draft class. This is one of the best CB draft class I've seen in years, and it is so deep. You have potential Pro Bowlers going into the 2nd round and starters going into the late 3rd round. Jayron Hosley is the #7 CB in the draft and he's great. I think the Colts should spend their 2nd round pick on Minnifield, but we could definitely use a 3rd round pick on a CB and still get a very quality CB. This is not a coveted draft class, it's a dream draft class.

- There is really no chance we can trade down with Philly. They want to get as many quality linebackers and cornerbacks as they can, and you're not going to get many quality linebackers in the 3rd round, and a lot of the late 3rd round cornerbacks do not fit their schemes and defensive style. They wouldn't do it.

- This one ticks me off the most. WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT DWIGHT FREENEY IS THAT VALUABLE?!?!?! Freeney is coming off a bad year where he only had 8.5 sacks. Now he gets double teamed a lot, and even when he doesn't, I saw that he had less of an impact. This is the main reason why he is not that valuable to other teams: He's getting paid 19M dollars, and he's 32 years old. NO ONE WANTS THAT. The best you'll get for Freeney is a mid to late 3rd round pick. The valuable players on our team are the young ones: Bethea, Garcon, Angerer, Castonzo, and Tamme (especially Luck).

That's all I gotta say.

^ Minnifield is sooo overrated

Lol says the guy who says that Kendall Wright will be the first guy off the board... no offense, but that's just plain wrong.

Now about Minnfieild, if anything he is underrated. No one talks about this guy. I read tons and tons of magazine, articles and watch analysts talking about prospects, more specifically CBs, and I hear none of them mention this guy's name. If you watch the tape, you'll see he's great. If you look at his stats, you'll see he's great, and many QBs are scared to throw his way, which is the same situation as Kirkpatrick (im not comparing the two). The thing I love about him is that he plays both man and zone coverage, something very handy going forward. It's what separates the good from the best. Kirkpatrick plays only zone and press coverages. Claiborne could play zone, press and man coverage, a big reason why he's the best CB in this class. Minnifield also has good size and speed. I could see him being our #2 cornerback for years to come with Powers being our #1. This is a good pick for the Colts. **Conversely, I would not be upset if they drafted Stephen Gilmore, who is more athletically gifted than almost all the CBs, including Kirkpatrick.**

If the colts dont sign a bigger receiver in free agency, Wright might not be a great pick. Collie, White and Wright are all smaller receivers. Might lead to some red zone issues. Now if you are thinking we dont sign anybody at receiver during free agency and are targeting a guy like Streeter in the 3rd or 4th round then OK. Hes tall, fast and a great jumper and would pair with Wright well

Buddy buddy buddy, there are a lot of things you need to be up to date on...

- You're right on signing an NT like Garay in FA, but drafting one late would just be a waste. Arguably the Colts biggest need is the NT spot, and spending a late round pick on a NT would be a waste. Spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on one, or even trade up for Dontario Poe.

- Not too many reasonably priced OG in the FA this year. Carl Nicks comes to mind, but he wants to be the highest paid OG in the NFL... that's not happening. The only realistic OG that's pretty cheap is Bobbie Williams of the Bengals, he's good. Now in the draft, we have bigger needs than OG, although OG is a need. OG is a spot we could use a middle round pick (4-6th round) on and get a potential starter. You don't get those with NTs.

- I completely disagree with your analysis on the CB draft class. This is one of the best CB draft class I've seen in years, and it is so deep. You have potential Pro Bowlers going into the 2nd round and starters going into the late 3rd round. Jayron Hosley is the #7 CB in the draft and he's great. I think the Colts should spend their 2nd round pick on Minnifield, but we could definitely use a 3rd round pick on a CB and still get a very quality CB. This is not a coveted draft class, it's a dream draft class.

- There is really no chance we can trade down with Philly. They want to get as many quality linebackers and cornerbacks as they can, and you're not going to get many quality linebackers in the 3rd round, and a lot of the late 3rd round cornerbacks do not fit their schemes and defensive style. They wouldn't do it.

- This one ticks me off the most. WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT DWIGHT FREENEY IS THAT VALUABLE?!?!?! Freeney is coming off a bad year where he only had 8.5 sacks. Now he gets double teamed a lot, and even when he doesn't, I saw that he had less of an impact. This is the main reason why he is not that valuable to other teams: He's getting paid 19M dollars, and he's 32 years old. NO ONE WANTS THAT. The best you'll get for Freeney is a mid to late 3rd round pick. The valuable players on our team are the young ones: Bethea, Garcon, Angerer, Castonzo, and Tamme (especially Luck).

That's all I gotta say.

Like how to be condescending... No thanks, I'll leave that for you.

The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance. Samuel Butler

- Garay is an interesting idea, though he is 32 years old. Sione Pouha would be a great pickup as would Aubrayo Franklin. Maybe picking Garay and Franklin could happen. I disagree that drafting a NT late would be a waste. I think Jean-Baptiste, Baylor, would do alright in a rotation and he's not projected to go until the 6th round (some boards have him in the 7th Rd). Dontari Poe is projected in the Top-15. We would have to trade our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Rd picks to come near him and that would be foolish.

- Jayron Hosley would be a fantastic pick, if he's at #34. So would Stephon Gilmore. I like Casey Hayward b/c of his playmaking for 2 years in a row against SEC opponents.

- Carl Nicks is overpriced (not overhyped) and the I don't believe the Colts would go after him. Ben Grubbs is a possibility. Bobbie Williams is 35, Too Old. There is one OG that comes to mind that wouldn't be expensive and that is Geoff Schwartz, Carolina.

- There's always a chance to trade down with Philly. Neither you nor I will know until the Draft.

- Dwight Freeney is a perennial Pro-Bowler. Even though he had a down year I don't think that would really come into play considering he's had a decade of fantastic playmaking.

Lol says the guy who says that Kendall Wright will be the first guy off the board... no offense, but that's just plain wrong.

Now about Minnfieild, if anything he is underrated. No one talks about this guy. I read tons and tons of magazine, articles and watch analysts talking about prospects, more specifically CBs, and I hear none of them mention this guy's name. If you watch the tape, you'll see he's great. If you look at his stats, you'll see he's great, and many QBs are scared to throw his way, which is the same situation as Kirkpatrick (im not comparing the two). The thing I love about him is that he plays both man and zone coverage, something very handy going forward. It's what separates the good from the best. Kirkpatrick plays only zone and press coverages. Claiborne could play zone, press and man coverage, a big reason why he's the best CB in this class. Minnifield also has good size and speed. I could see him being our #2 cornerback for years to come with Powers being our #1. This is a good pick for the Colts. **Conversely, I would not be upset if they drafted Stephen Gilmore, who is more athletically gifted than almost all the CBs, including Kirkpatrick.**

I have watched Minnifields tape I gave him a 3rd round grade. Minnifield isnt that great in man he gets beat deep a lot thats why they keep him more in off man. He always plays high needs to get better in his technique. I see him as a just a zone cover 2 guy would probably be better off at FS. In the run game once he gets blocked he cant disengage and gets blocked out routinely.

Kendall Wright will be the first receiver off the board. No one was turned off by the 4.6 40. Kendalls problem there is getting off line in that stance. On the field though the guy gets seperation hes got speed

I disagree.

I think Justin Blackmon will be the first WR off the board.

Then I also rate Michael Floyd above Kendall.

I think Kendall will be third