Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts a Pawn for McDaniels?

18Manning

4 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

I'm so mad about what McDaniels did, I had trouble sleeping last night. I wouldn't doubt he used the Colts as a pawn. Going through the steps of hiring staff, etc. only to coax NE to make him an offer (whatever it might be). 

I doubt it. We should all quit obsessing over him.  He’s a flea.

Kraft will get what he paid for in the end.  I have a feeling that in four years they’ll be drafting in the top 5 with a coach that isn’t on their staff right now.  

All reports suggest he was at Patriots packing his office when he got into a conversation with the Kraft's and BB that changed his mind.  It has been widely reported he will be on less money than if he went to Colts, so can only have been a future HC position there.

I think people are looking for something here to explain this unreal situation, but the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

McDaniels took the job and told Ballard he was joining then, like the coward he is, backed out at the last minute leaving everyone high and dry and his reputation in tatters.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I doubt it. We should all quit obsessing over him.  He’s a flea.

Kraft will get what he paid for in the end.  I have a feeling that in four years they’ll be drafting in the top 5 with a coach that isn’t on their staff right now.  

I don't care so much that McDaniels won't be the HC, I always thought he was a jerk, so good riddance. I'm steaming about the fact the Colts passed up other possible HC candidates, hired staff for McDaniels, etc. No obsession over him personally, but concern over the mess in the wake of his shenanigans.