Chris Ballard press conference today at 11AM

stitches

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line is we don't need no Stinkin draft Pics  or Mc D this turn of events unifies this Organization this Team & this fan base  it can only Motivate  & make the Winning that more Enjoyable our Colts since 1984 has seen great highs & great lows  it started in Indy with Captain Comeback & 1998 we Drafted Peyton Manning & he led this franchise with Excellence & Class fast forward 2012 with the first pick we get Andrew Luck .

An opportunity with a franchise QB to get back to the big game while Grigson & Pagano have squandered 12's early years, I have confidence that Chris Ballard will put in place the necessary personnel both Coaching & Playing  so that the Colts will finally make the next step .

1 minute ago, Barry Sears said:

Maybe Ballard could coach, too?  Just kidding, but his attitude and demeanor are just what we need on the sideline.

Reminds me of Orel Hershiser...mild mannered looking, but they called him the bulldog.

ugh.  out of likes.  so good.

21 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

He trusted McDaniels word, he said it's on him.  McDaniels is not a man of his word and he had "Bad News" , like the little chump that he is.  In four words, "I have bad news", he changed the course of the future for the Colts.  You either let if define you or you learn from it and learn more about who you were dealing with.  They learned who they were dealing with.  McDaniels is the biggest turd in the NFL from a gentlemen's perspective in terms of honor and integrity.  Ballard has McDaniels trumped on all of those accounts.  Keeping the D-Coordinator was an honor thing, you honor your word.  If the new coach doesn't understand that, he won't be our coach.  Yes, this is unfortunate and does throw a wrench in things with the new coach, but it is what it is.  It probably narrows down the coaching search even more unfortunately.  

Ballard stated the new DC is very capable & that he will run a Dungy like defense " Tampa 2 " or a variation .  He said we play fast & in doors so its back to the future ...

4 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Dan Dakich just said Hey Colts bring in Frank Reich and lets go .

That will be the Mantra .  After Jim Mora " And PLAYOFFS "  we went with a cool customer in Tony Dungy & I get the feeling Frank Reich is the new Tony Dungy a calming not to high or low kinda guy just my read on it .

17 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you guys have a GM with a good head on his shoulders.  He is ready to move on, has a list of candidates, is happy about the hires they made, realizes that folks can say "no," understands in the long run is more important to have an employee that is fully committed rather than have one quickly, and lastly is comfortable with the time it takes to find one that will have a long term commitment. 

4 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Ballard stated the new DC is very capable & that he will run a Dungy like defense " Tampa 2 " or a variation .  He said we play fast & in doors so its back to the future ...

You're making me scared that Lovie Smith will end up being on the interview list soon!  I actually like Lovie, but I dont think we need him.

16 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, but you can't hold an organization hostage like that and there not be any recourse for it. 

Plus it was common knowledge McDaniels agreed to job, he already asked other coaches we signed to be on his staff..For Pats to come in last minute and offer him more is beyond unprofessional. ..It goes to ethics, they should have done that when they knew he was interviewing for job, not once he acceoted and agreed to terms...

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Plus it was common knowledge McDaniels agreed to job, he already asked other coaches we signed to be on his staff..For Pats to come in last minute and offer him more is beyond unprofessional. ..It goes to ethics, they should have done that when they knew he was interviewing for job, not once he acceoted and agreed to terms...

Trouble is that it's NE and the league is not going to punish them, or at least not like they should.  They break the rules all the time and it never gets shut down.  

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

??

Haven’t read the article but I can tell you there is NO excuse big enough to justify this. It’s one thing to go back on your word to an organization. But having assistant coaches leave jobs to go with you then leave them out to dry is indefensible. For COMFORT?? https://twitter.com/themmqb/status/961242667849011200 

17 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I couldn't agree more. 

14 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Haven’t read the article but I can tell you there is NO excuse big enough to justify this. It’s one thing to go back on your word to an organization. But having assistant coaches leave jobs to go with you then leave them out to dry is indefensible. For COMFORT?? https://twitter.com/themmqb/status/961242667849011200 

Right, I quoted in my thread, I was thinking he was saying Dungy was on NFL network saying something

31 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Every GM in pro sports gets tested.....Well ....so far....Our young GM doing very well .....So far .

Indeed......he didn't blink. I'm confident we will get the right people in this organization at the coaches level and with the players to turn this thing around. I don't know how swift we will get our satisfaction of beating the Pats...but it will come...and I feel confident CB will be a reason behind that...and yes it will be a sweet victory. Now lets not let this distract us from the work ahead in turning this thing around.

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

NFL Network kind of giving Ballard a standing ovation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really care much for their smugness on there...but I will say this...they are all players...and they respond to leaders...and I think CB did himself a favor and instead of coming out acting like the victim he came out strong....and laid down the gauntlet and his intentions for this organization. Sure the rivalry is back on thing was something for the fans...but I think a few players hear that and say....THATS the kind of guy I want to play for!

1 hour ago, Andrew86 said:

Fantastic so whatever third pick bottom of the barrel loser coach we get is saddled with coordinators he has no say in.  Freaking fantastic! Just what I would expect from the dumpster fire that is the Indianapolis Colts.

3 losing seasons in the last 19 years, skippy.

Ballard took the high road good for him.  I did love “The rivalry is back on” as he was walking off at the end of it.  Tells me he’s madder than he let on and he now understands you can’t “smooth things over” with New England.  They can’t be trusted and are the shadiest team in sports.

1 hour ago, Andrew86 said:

Fantastic so whatever third pick bottom of the barrel loser coach we get is saddled with coordinators he has no say in.  Freaking fantastic! Just what I would expect from the dumpster fire that is the Indianapolis Colts.

No one is forcing you to be a Colts fan.

This is America, you're free to root for any team you like.

I live in California.   I have FOUR teams I could root for, including two in my hometown of Los Angeles.   But I choose to cheer for the Colts. 

There are 31 other teams for you to support.    To be clear I am NOT telling you to leave.   I'm just reminding you that if you're this unhappy, this miserable,  that you have choices.

Choose wisely.... 

Ballard projected all the right things in his press-conference. I loved it. He showed compassion and perspective in light of Edwin's passing, he showed passion and conviction in what he's doing and the process, he showed confidence in his abilities to go over this momentary obstacle... all this while being extremely classy and composed... and ended it with a little glimpse of what's to come and his true feelings about what transpired yesterday. 

I just can't help but feel confident with whatever Ballard decides to do and whoever he decides to hire. 

GO COLTS! 

Just now, superrep1967 said:

There the ones who persuaded him to stay right at the last minute. 

Yeah,   he was still under contract with them.   They broke no rules.  Josh apparently doesn't care that he has no integrity.   But no rules were broken that will end up with us getting draft picks

51 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Trouble is that it's NE and the league is not going to punish them, or at least not like they should.  They break the rules all the time and it never gets shut down.  

That's not exactly true. The Patriots have been the most fined team in the history of the NFL. They have also been docked draft picks three times since 1980. More than any other team.

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Ballard projected all the right things in his press-conference. I loved it. He showed compassion and perspective in light of Edwin's passing, he showed passion and conviction in what he's doing and the process, he showed confidence in his abilities to go over this momentary obstacle... all this while being extremely classy and composed... and ended it with a little glimpse of what's to come and his true feelings about what transpired yesterday. 

I just can't help but feel confident with whatever Ballard decides to do and whoever he decides to hire. 

GO COLTS! 

You have to be crazy to turn down a job offer from this man! 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

That's not exactly true. The Patriots have been the most fined team in the history of the NFL. They have also been docked draft picks three times since 1980. More than any other team.

Thanks for the clarification...I guess even with those fines, etc. they never learn their lesson.

Ballard did really well in the presser. A bit shocked by what happened, but I can't blame him. He's definitely a competitive guy, and it from what I saw, he's going to do whatever it takes to recover from McDaniels crap and get us back on the right course. Points for Ballard in the presser and I look forward to see what he does next. Looks like he want to destroy the Pats as much as me, and that I can get behind.

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No one is forcing you to be a Colts fan.

This is America, you're free to root for any team you like.

I live in California.   I have FOUR teams I could root for, including two in my hometown of Los Angeles.   But I choose to cheer for the Colts. 

There are 31 other teams for you to support.    To be clear I am NOT telling you to leave.   I'm just reminding you that if you're this unhappy, this miserable,  that you have choices.

Choose wisely.... 

Yes, but the Colts were the first team I was a fan of.  It's upsetting to see just how far they have fallen, what a dumpster fire they have turned into and continue to be.  I don't think I am ever going to be able to not be a fan.  It's why it upsets me so much when I see an organization that I love, that I have been a fan of since I was 6 years old, do this to themselves.  Yes, there are other teams I follow and cheer for but I think at heart I'll always be a Colt.  If there was a way for me not to care about the team then I wouldn't.