Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, both Patriots fans and McDaniels have several narratives to play damage control. 

 

Well, he did it for his kids. Well, he did it because he wanted to stick it to us for Deflategate. Well, he did it because he did not want to work with Irsay. Well, he did because he was afraid Luck may not be back. I am sure there is more reasons for that weasel/coward to find excuses to explain his actions.

 

Ultimately, any of these reasons could have been chosen well ahead of time but he sat on it. Bottom line, he did not have the sack to get out of his comfort zone, even if it meant going back on his word and hurting several people that counted on him in the process. If he had been honest with himself, he would have been honest with the others too but he couldn't be honest with himself and that is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

 

Baltimore fans haven't forgotten the Irsay family, I doubt the Colts fans would ever forget this. Very much like Elway demanding a trade from the Colts. However, we have to find a way to focus on things less negative because it will drain unnecessary energy we could have channeled elsewhere. Go Colts!!!

100% correct.

The thing is not only will Colt fans never forget this but the whole NFL world won't either. The Patriots have shown everyone what kinds of organization they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcdaniels burned every bridge in the league but one.  He is gambling that they are going to hire him for the HC position .  By that time Brady and Gronk, etc. will be gone.  The Pats will be in decline because they stupidly traded Jimmy for nothing.  Makes you wonder if he really thought this through .  Only way he survives this unscathed is the unlikely event the Pats dynasty goes past Brady.  He may be fired faster than his head could spin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie Weis: McDaniels made “dumbest move” ever if he didn’t get assurances

Quote

“If he’s not [the heir apparent], then that would’ve been the absolute dumbest move in the history of sports,” Weis said on SiriusXM, via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/charlie-weis-mcdaniels-made-dumbest-move-ever-if-he-didnt-get-assurances/

Link to post
Share on other sites

He probably would have flamed out here anyway. 

 

Seeing Luck in his offense would have been nice, but it isn't like we missed out on a coaching legend who shafted us.

 

F you again Joshy. It's been real.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RC1959 said:

New member/first post. Patriot fan here and joined to let you know how lucky you are that Josh McDaniel changed his mind. He's not a head coach, and he certainly can't be trusted based on what's transpired. I'm sickened that he's done this and will be back in New England roaming our sidelines. His agent was correct when he said, "My word is my bond.." How can anyone ever trust anything that ever comes out of his mouth?? You guys will find a HC with integrity that will lead you forward. Karma...

 

You sure you’re a Patriots fan, man??? You maybe called a sellout soon. However, welcome to the forum :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RC1959 said:

New member/first post. Patriot fan here and joined to let you know how lucky you are that Josh McDaniel changed his mind. He's not a head coach, and he certainly can't be trusted based on what's transpired. I'm sickened that he's done this and will be back in New England roaming our sidelines. His agent was correct when he said, "My word is my bond.." How can anyone ever trust anything that ever comes out of his mouth?? You guys will find a HC with integrity that will lead you forward. Karma...

Not sure what B.B. and Kraft are trying to do to he Legacy

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Charlie Weis: McDaniels made “dumbest move” ever if he didn’t get assurances

 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/charlie-weis-mcdaniels-made-dumbest-move-ever-if-he-didnt-get-assurances/

Yeah McDaniels said he wasn't given any assurances and I believe that was an out and out lie.  Just why would he not take a head coaching job and the money that comes with it to stay in New England?  His signing as a head coach would have set him up for life financially for him and his family.

Just with the cost of living in Indiana compared to the Boston area is astronomical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColtsCompanion said:

It just feels like who ever we wind up with at HC will be sloppy seconds.

How is that?  If McDaniels wasn't 100% on board then good riddance to him. Getting someone as the next head coach who want's to be here is worth 10 McDaniels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

How is that?  If McDaniels wasn't 100% on board then good riddance to him. Getting someone as the next head coach who want's to be here is worth 10 McDaniels.

 

Agreed. Unfortunately Mcdaniels isn't worth a whole lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ColtsCompanion said:

It just feels like who ever we wind up with at HC will be sloppy seconds.

 

Not necessarily. We couldn't have gotten Frank Reich before the SB, even if we wanted him. It also shows the other candidates that our organization was patient and willing to follow through on their word even if the other side chickened out. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

My final take on this; I wanted Josh McDaniels for his offensive mind. That partnership with Luck had me excited. I don't think the man is a snake, although I did yesterday. I just feel that he figured out that he isn't the leader who can build a culture, so he is hoping to inherit one.

So he wants to be Nero or Caligula    

  Boy that worked out

 

   I totally agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

You sure you’re a Patriots fan, man??? You maybe called a sellout soon. However, welcome to the forum :)

I don't worry about that. Hard to defend what he did. I'm sure he has a reason that makes sense to him, but the optics for him from the NFL world must really suck right now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Makes you wonder if he really thought this through.

 

Oh he thought it through all right, considering his agent even told him, "You are making the worst mistake of your career." Or something along those lines.

 

Also, the Pats fanbase will have high expectations, even post-Brady. McDaniels has big shoes to fill, and a .500 record may not cut it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Its ok Chris did too. 

It sure wasn't just Chris either.  McDaniels had most all in the NFL fooled.

Kraft has all the money in the world but to live his life to be so vindictive shows money doesn't cover a flaw in someone's personality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It sure wasn't just Chris either.  McDaniels had most all in the NFL fooled.

Kraft has all the money in the world but to live his life to be so vindictive shows money doesn't cover a flaw in someone's personality.

 

it's honestly hard to believe a human being can be that way. Don't expect kraft to save you from a bad situation on the streets, he would probably just smile and wave. It's hard for me to comprehend someone like him. 

 

For me this is all bittersweet. Bitter because we are in a bad situation. Sweet because the patriots have shown beyond doubt what kind of orginization they are for everyone to see. If you're a fan it shows me what kind of person you are too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

it's honestly hard to believe a human being can be that way. Don't expect kraft to save you from a bad situation on the streets, he would probably just smile and wave. It's hard for me to comprehend someone like him. 

 

For me this is all bittersweet. Bitter because we are in a bad situation. Sweet because the patriots have shown beyond doubt what kind of orginization they are for everyone to see. If you're a fan it shows me what kind of person you are too. 

Kraft reminds me of the type of guy, that if he seen a homeless person on the street, he would yell at them and say get a job (smirking). Irsay reminds me of a guy that would give a homeless person 100 dollars. I wouldn't trade Irsay for any other owner. People outside of our fanbase can say what they want about Irsay. Bash him, whatever but they are clueless turds and don't realize how great of an owner he is. We have never been an organization that has been shady like the Pats have had been. We may only have 1 SB win but we did it the right way with class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Frank Reich (especially if DeFlippio is brought along too) would be a good get this late in the game. 

 

The Eagles don't mind losing Frank Reich but from what i gather they want to keep DeFlippo & elevate him to OC , 

 

Darrell Bevell  was gonna be OC  & could be with Reich .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kraft reminds me of the type of guy, that if he seen a homeless person on the street, he would yell at them and say get a job (smirking). Irsay reminds me of a guy that would give a homeless person 100 dollars. I wouldn't trade Irsay for any other owner. People outside of our fanbase can say what they want about Irsay. Bash him, whatever but they are clueless turds and don't realize how great of an owner he is. We have never been an organization that has been shady like the Pats have had been. We may only have 1 SB win but we did it the right way with class.

 

 

Agreed. My dad still holds a grudge against Irsay for all that went down with Manning. But Irsay hired the likes of Ballard who has impressed the hades out of me. The dude just gets it. You can't be all that crazy when you hire someone like Ballard to run things. 

 

Irsay might be a little on the dramatic side sometimes, but he loves the Colts. And we could have things a lot worse than we do. At least he lets Ballard hire who he wants, even if that candidate does back out at the last second like a measly snake. I don't believe I'll ever give the patriots a chance again. I was beginning to, but now it's on like donkey kong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

 

The Eagles don't mind losing Frank Reich but from what i gather they want to keep DeFlippo & elevate him to OC , 

 

Darrell Bevell  was gonna be OC  & could be with Reich .

Rather have Bevell than DeFilippo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been posted yet.  From the Colts 2018 season Wikipedia page: 

 

The 2018 Indianapolis Colts season will be the franchise's upcoming 66th season in the National Football League, the 35th in Indianapolis. It would have been the first season under traitor Josh McDaniels who has instead committed a heinous act of treason. It will be the second season under the leadership of general manager Chris Ballard.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Indianapolis_Colts_season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Charlie Weis: McDaniels made “dumbest move” ever if he didn’t get assurances

 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/charlie-weis-mcdaniels-made-dumbest-move-ever-if-he-didnt-get-assurances/

Actually, I dont think it was Dumb on his part. He realized that leaving the protective embryo of kraft & Belichek and going on his own was not in his best interest. He just should have realized that before he agreed to accept the job.

 

Good riddance to the little weasel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraft will do anything to WIN it is the Patriot way there last 15 years have been full of controversy filming & spying deflating  ,

 

Now that father time is nipping at Tommy boys heels they Just Wanna Win Baby ,Brady did'nt want any young QB's looking over his shoulder so Kraft dumps Jimmy G  now after Bradys dropped catch & fumble & it made him look old  in the last few minutes when normally he would shine now the franchise is scrambleing for one more run at a Lombardi  .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...