Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

My wife just brought up an interesting point. Could you imagine what Mrs McDaniels might be feeling right now? Her husband not only did a slimy, deceitful move on the Colts, but her weasel of a husband is throwing to her and the kids under the bus infront of him to the entire world by trying to say he made this decision cause of his family and not wanting to move. Which if you believe that to any degree, I have some oceanfront property for sale in Wyoming 

Where in Wyoming, exactly?

I'm late to this party obviously, but I maintain McDaniels is nothing but a dunce, maintain aka always thoughtbsince before he was almost a Colt. The Lane Kiffin of this decade. If he has any similarities with anybody else it's Eric Mangini, another little worm whose name came up because he was in a room with Bill Belichik. 

Now regardless of how much better off the Colts are in the longrun because of this, there's obviously the immediate stigma of a hand picked coach saying no. Luck obviously has his own opinion of it I'm sure. 

Frank Reich would be a good hire to build a team with imo. He knows all about walking up and down a sideline without immediate results but he doesn't know what quit means. Schwartz doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO. He would whip them right back into a contender but there's always the possibility of the trash talking starting then...yeah. But those are 2 favorites of mine, 1 from each end of the philosophical spectrum.

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this could go badly for us 

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. The Colts will be alright in the end. McDufus is a damn flake, a weasel, and a complete clown. He will eventually screw his way out of the Patriots HC job after BB retires. He hasn't changed since his Denver days, he's not going to change any time soon. Good riddance pathetic scum.

On 2/8/2018 at 8:22 AM, pgt_rob said:

He will eventually screw his way out of the Patriots HC job after BB retires.

It astonishes me he took the Patriots HC'ing job based on a promise, or so McGinest says. That could just be the Patriots leaking that information to hide the fact they have to abide by the Rooney Rule. We'll see.

Teams do not have to abide by the Rooney Rule.  They can forego it and the team (President most likely) has to pay a  fine instead.  In 2003, Matt Millen was fined $200,000 for the Lions violating the rule.  That is about $275,000 in early 2018 dollars.  The Lions complete did not interview any minority candidates.  Teams these days do, even if it seems like a big charade (Oakland Raiders interviewing their own Tight End coach and USC offense coordinator, Tee Martin, but an agreement with Gruden may have already been in place?)). 

Most teams do interview a minority candidate(s), though sometimes it seems if just to avoid the large fine, though. But I'm hopeful the rule has allowed some candidates to get an audience and possibly open up their chances at a later date even if they aren't hired that go around.