Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rest In Peace, Edwin Jackson

tvturner

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I thought this was a good tribute video made by a fan.  

Crap load of highlights for the short time he was with us.  

Never took a down off.  

Awesome person by all accounts.  

I'm absolutely heartbroken. 

He was a Good Football player and was a huge part of the Colts family. RIP Edwin.

On February 4, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely horrible. Just heard about it and am speechless. This is just an example of how quick human life can end. Everyone here love your family and tell them you love them every day. Prayers for his family and I hope we fight hard for him next season. A tribute patch with his name or number on the jersey would be a great touch.

Amen Jared & thank you. 

On February 4, 2018 at 3:20 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Will never forget this play. He was tough as nails and a great dude in and out of the locker room.

RIP Poundcake. You will be missed. Sad day in colts nation today.

Nice tribute video there. Thanks for reminding us all what Jackson loved to do NB. Poundcake indeed. My condolences to his friends & family. 

I liked his nickname. Very fitting. Although initially, without knowing the origin of that name, I wondered if he was a huge Van Halen fan. Again, so sad to see such a shining star fade far too early. 

On 2/4/2018 at 4:26 PM, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Him and Tipton were both 26 when they passed. Man ppl are dropping like flies. I'v buried 3 cousins and a brother in the last 5 years. RIP Pound Cake, people please be safe out here. God bless.

So sorry for your losses. No words can truly comfort you for losing family and loved ones.

I lost my fiance, Lacy on Easter. The love of my life. That's her pic on my avatar.

3 1/2 months later I lost my Papa.

No where near recoverd. Just surviving.

8 hours ago, ricker182 said:

I thought this was a good tribute video made by a fan.  

Crap load of highlights for the short time he was with us.  

Never took a down off.  

Awesome person by all accounts.  

I'm absolutely heartbroken. 

Great tribute video, boy was he a force to be reckoned with.....definitely heartbroken as well, and I see this stuff all the time.

22 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sadly it could have been anyone behind the wheel

Instead of worrying about one’s status we need to stop everyone from not using common sense and driving drunk

It was'nt

Status  ?

Twice the Legal limit & No License resulting in 2 deaths & the Fleeing & giving a false Name that Status ?  Common sense is not so Common especially when you consider the Elephant in the room it seems gets a pass on all things while us John Q Public must adhere to the rule of law at what put does this seem ludicrous & insane ? Throw a Flag throw several flags even a Red One this is just wrong .

As a Former Drunk I cannot except this it was my biggest fear that I could hurt someone with my ignorance & my family deserved better . I went threw the system I paid a price for my actions I was held accountable . 

For 27 years I Thank God .

Drinking & Driving is a huge problem across the Country & when your Judicial System plays loose with the laws on the books & favors one group over another applying the laws differently only creates a deterioration in respect for the law .

These unfortunately are not the first or last senseless deaths we will honestly have a conversation someday IMO it will be when hell freezes over ..

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I know I didn’t say it in the exact opposite but that we must not forget that this was a DD incident

and that is something we can try and solve

Just how do we go about solving the issue of *s?  Drunk driving has been going on since the first car hit the road. Even as strict as the laws are it hasn't stopped drink drivers. Even after *s lose their license and go to jail they still go out and do it again. Their is no solving the problem of *s, they just keep on replacing each other.

• Nadine locked this topic

Do not politicize Edwin Jackson's death or his remembrance thread.  If you need to do that go to facebook or twitter.

I've removed all the immigration comments and quotes.

Any more of this and I will start suspending and banning people

• Nadine unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Such a sad loss, and horrible way to die. Always liked him and was looking forward to seeing him compeat  this year. Prayers to all involved, and there families. I don't think you find anything good being out at 4:00am.

My wife lost her Mom at the age of 10 to a drunk driver coming from the same wedding party her parents finished attending in Toledo, OH. That is why she refused to serve any kind of alcohol at our wedding and doesn't like staying beyond 12:30 am even on New Year's Day should we have to drive back home from a New Year's party. I totally understand. 

That is also why, on the way to Florida, instead of entertaining late night driving, we'd rather stay over and lose out on about 12 hours of vacation time. 

32 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how do we go about solving the issue of *s?  Drunk driving has been going on since the first car hit the road. Even as strict as the laws are it hasn't stopped drink drivers. Even after *s lose their license and go to jail they still go out and do it again. Their is no solving the problem of *s, they just keep on replacing each other.

It will not be easy but we start early and teach the next generation of drivers not to start drinking and teach those around DD to stand up and be strong and stop the madness

Everyone needs to start it themselves

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My wife lost her Mom at the age of 10 to a drunk driver coming from the same wedding party her parents finished attending in Toledo, OH. That is why she refused to serve any kind of alcohol at our wedding and doesn't like staying beyond 12:30 am even on New Year's Day should we have to drive back home from a New Year's party. I totally understand. 

That is also why, on the way to Florida, instead of entertaining late night driving, we'd rather stay over and lose out on about 12 hours of vacation time. 

Sad to hear

IMO that is how we start to change things

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Man that sucks. Sorry for your wife's loss. I couldnt imagine losing my mom like that, my mom is still alive thankfully. Yeah people just cant drink and drive, it's that simple. You put yourself in danger and others in danger doing so.

Such terrible news and such a horrible way to go... I absolutely cannot stand drunk driving, and I just don't understand why anyone would do it. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My wife lost her cousin to a drunk driver, just days before he was going to get married. We also don't stay out late. Her mom has a saying, "Nothing good happens after 1 AM." 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Such terrible news and such a horrible way to go... I absolutely cannot stand drunk driving, and I just don't understand why anyone would do it. 

My wife lost her cousin to a drunk driver, just days before he was going to get married. We also don't stay out late. Her mom has a saying, "Nothing good happens after 1 AM." 

The sad part it is not just DD anymore 

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Whoa...So sorry to hear about what happened to your wife's mother Chad. That's heartbreaking. I wish more people at weddings would do what your wife did on your special day or at least provide an non alcoholic alternative to celebrating because not everybody prefers to consume alcohol or feel pressured into doing something you wouldn't otherwise do. 

Look, I get that some people prefer beer or wine at momentous occasions. But losing a loved one to an intoxicated driver is an agony that never subsides no matter how much time passes. 

I applaud you & your wife Chad for the way you two deal with celebrating safely. Thanks for sharing such a private detail. My condolences to your wife. I'm so sorry. 

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Let me extend my deepest sympathies to you as well. Man, those stories just rip your heart out, especially if the spouse you lost was the love of your life & the surviving partner felt like finding that other person was an answer to a prayer meaning that they thought that they'd never find that special someone....And then, Bam! Through no fault of their own--That person that void in their life happily filled is now gone forever. It just sucks. 

Obviously, I don't know your cousins complete relationship status at the time, but usually that's how the tragedy unfolds unfortunately in a number of cases. 

Sorry RC. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Let me extend my deepest sympathies to you as well. Man, those stories just rip your heart out, especially if the spouse you lost was the love of your life & the surviving partner felt like finding that other person was an answer to a prayer meaning that they thought that they'd never find that special someone....And then, Bam! Through no fault of their own--That person that void in their life happily filled is now gone forever. It just sucks. 

Obviously, I don't know your cousins complete relationship status at the time, but usually that's how the tragedy unfolds unfortunately in a number of cases. 

Sorry RC. 

Thanks SW. My wife has always said it feels like walking around with a big gaping hole in the chest. You're still alive, but never the same... 

I hope no one has to go through it. And I feel horrible for Edwin's family and his teammates. 

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Thanks SW. My wife has always said it feels like walking around with a big gaping hole in the chest. You're still alive, but never the same... 

I hope no one has to go through it. And I feel horrible for Edwin's family and his teammates. 

You're welcome my friend. 

"It feels like walking around with a big gaping hole in the chest. You're still alive, but never the same..."

I understand completely RC. I wish I didn't but I do. No further explanation required.

I ran out of likes, but just know I feel your pain. Not on marital bliss but losing somebody who meant the world to me recently. Hang in there buddy.  

13 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I heard that Jim Irsay is paying funeral expenses for Edwin and Jeffrey Monroe. Jim is pure class. How can anyone hate that man?

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/6/16980126/jim-irsay-edwin-jackson-funeral-expenses

That is amazing, what a guy!!! Hard to bring the families comfort during this tragedy but I’m sure that gesture will definitely be appreciated.

On 2/6/2018 at 2:06 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

So sorry for your losses. No words can truly comfort you for losing family and loved ones.

I lost my fiance, Lacy on Easter. The love of my life. That's her pic on my avatar.

3 1/2 months later I lost my Papa.

No where near recoverd. Just surviving.

I'm sorry man.  That's rough.

Edwin had a lot of promise as far as I am concerned.  He for sure had the drive and the athletic ability to lay it on people... I loved the way he played and how viciously he hit.  I was really looking forward to his development and watching him mature.  Had high hopes of him becoming a really good LB for us.

Because of one poor (better words that are not allowed here) decision those things will not happen now.  And more importantly his family lost a loved one regardless of how he ever turned out as a pro football player.  A tragedy without question, no other way to put it.  It was a sad day for Colts fans and a nightmare come true for Edwin's family.

Very classy of Jim Irsay to step up and provide funeral services for Edwin and his friend.  Those are the type of things that make Jim a great owner - he cares.

R.I.P. Edwin Jackson