Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rest In Peace, Edwin Jackson

tvturner

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely horrible. Just heard about it and am speechless. This is just an example of how quick human life can end. Everyone here love your family and tell them you love them every day. Prayers for his family and I hope we fight hard for him next season. A tribute patch with his name or number on the jersey would be a great touch.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely horrible. Just heard about it and am speechless. This is just an example of how quick human life can end. Everyone here love your family and tell them you love them every day. Prayers for his family and I hope we fight hard for him next season. A tribute patch with his name or number on the jersey would be a great touch.

I'm sure they will put a small 53 sticker on the helmets but I would prefer a nice patch on the jerseys

We have high tech in vehicles including the type that allows vehicles to drive themselves yet the govt. and the insurance industry will not install the technology that would refuse the operator to drive if they blow in to a device that declares them impaired. Drunk driving is murder the same as if you mishandle a loaded weapon. Recently, there was a news item about a drunk driver that had 23 previous convictions for DWI and was still driving yet we can be ticketed for jay walking and we are legalizing reefer. Stupid. 

I loved seeing Jackson on the field.  I was sad when he got hurt and couldn't play in the 2017 season.  I really had high hopes for the guy.  He had a pretty sweet nickname too.  But the sadness I had of him not playing in the 2017 season does not compare to the sadness I feel now.  From what I hear, he did the right thing and took an uber ride after a night of drinking and ends up being killed by a drunk driver.  ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!  RIP... Edwin "Poundcake" Jackson.  The Colts family will miss you.  Prayers out to the Jackson and Monroe family.  

52 minutes ago, King Colt said:

We have high tech in vehicles including the type that allows vehicles to drive themselves yet the govt. and the insurance industry will not install the technology that would refuse the operator to drive if they blow in to a device that declares them impaired. Drunk driving is murder the same as if you mishandle a loaded weapon. Recently, there was a news item about a drunk driver that had 23 previous convictions for DWI and was still driving yet we can be ticketed for jay walking and we are legalizing reefer. Stupid. 

They do have that equipment installed on some cars of some convicted of DUI. 

I don't think it is the government and insurance blocking car makers from putting those devices on cars(they mandated the wearing of seat belts); it's consumers... the majority of the car buying public do not want to have to blow into a device every time they start their cars. I know I wouldn't, it would be annoying. 

This has rocked me. 

Always watched out for him as had a link to him after the london game. Was in a pub near the stadium and saw a guy with a colts 53 jersey on and started speaking to him as was odd to see someone with that number. 

Turned out it was his brother who had flown from atlanta to watch his brother play and then was travelling in the UK.

We ended up drinking together and had a blast and had a special place for pound cake since then. He even liked my tweet about how much fun his brother was. 

Rip Edwin. I wish you knew how much your brother shone with pride when he spoke about you my friend. 

Twenty six years old......

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Mr. Cabrera Gonsales was driving drunk without a license and tried to run away.

Why did he not have a license though, and yet was somehow driving a truck? Of all the vehicles he had to be driving, it HAD to be a truck.