Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McD has not let Patriots know he is leaving (Rumor)

IndyNismoZ

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

So they were talented enough to be top 5 in least points given up in the regular season, but weren’t talented in the SB?

good coaching can cover it up for awhile.  But lack of talent will get exposed sooner or later. List the damn good players on the patriots D.

On February 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Boy are the Sky is Falling people are out and about

PT is right. "Everything will be okay." Relax. 

On February 4, 2018 at 6:53 PM, NewColtsFan said:

This has NOTHING to do with media hate or throwing shade.     It's entirely possible that this is true.

Perhaps McDaniels has not wanted any distractions?    Perhaps Ballard and Irsay asked Josh not to say anything so the news doesn't get lost in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl?   This way the Colts own the story in a couple of days.

There's nothing negative here.   No one is picking on the Colts.    McDaniels is going to be introduced in a few days as the Colts next HC.

This is a non-story.   All is good.    :thmup:

Yep, Josh will be our next coach. Don't get distracted by smoke, mirrors, & fake outrage that ESPN lives on. 

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

if anyone is freaking out about not wanting to address the colts, think about this. would you really wanna talk about anything after you just lost the super bowl

Thank you man. Nobody wants to talk about the next career move after losing this game. It's times like this you wish you could hit a bullseye & dunk any fool that creates the false impression that Josh might bail on INDY. He won't. 

21 hours ago, TheMarine said:

Not happy with his play calling? He couldn't have called a better game there, to be honest. 

Wait, what? You're gonna critique McDaniels for bad playing when he's about to call plays for us now? I don't get that at all. Peyton lost 2 SBs does he suck too? It happens. 

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

"So now we wait again for the white puff of smoke to emanate from the Colts’ 56th Street practice facility, wait for word that the team will be holding a press conference to introduce their new head coach."

I will admit that I took minor offense at this Pope election reference joke because Josh hasn't done anything divine or groundbreaking as an NFL head coach yet. Then, I chalked it up to artistic license for comic relief purposes from the reporter & let it go. 

12 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

McDaniels hasn't given his two weeks notice yet?!?!?!? 

Image result for i kid gif

I remember Triumph The Insult Comic Dog from Conan. Or that 1 guy dressed like a headbanger who always said "Inappropriate" when somebody took something too far. 

The Meme King strikes again. Keep em coming Lolly! 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

good coaching can cover it up for awhile.  But lack of talent will get exposed sooner or later. List the damn good players on the patriots D.

Exactly.

No Chandler Jones, no Rob Ninkovich, Jamie Collins, or Donte Hightower (injury).

Other than Devin McCourty, Malcolm Butler, and Malcom Brown, most of the defense are scrubs.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

McDaniels wants to separate himself from Belichick, I feel, to show that he can win outside New England. Think about this, if you win in Indy 1 Super Bowl, you are a bigger hero than you are at New England. Plus, he wouldn’t have considered Indy over Tennessee if he wasn’t convinced about Luck’s health. 5-10 years of Luck or 1-2 years of Brady???

It’s insecure media talk, IMO.

I always enjoy your posts even though I seldom comment on them. 

That's an intriguing theory that 1 SB here means more than several won in Boston. INDY isn't Cleveland in terms of bleak SB aspirations, but yes, Colt fans would probably put him on a pedestal if Josh took down his old employer for more jewelry. I just wanna see Josh take Andrew's game to another level. 

I always learn something from your posts Chad & you're usually right on the money in breaking down game wins & loses. 

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Just know your commentary is always appreciated. Uh huh. Josh is smart to transition to Luck now. Our window is much wider & longer than Brady's is based on age & upside. I agree 100%

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Now Florio is saying McDaniels is indeed signing with the Colts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/05/josh-mcdaniels-to-follow-through-with-colts/

God, Florio is so full of crap.  That "vibe" was him having no integrity and just wanting some click bait.  And the "chatter" was between him and the rest of his weaselly staff.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Don’t forget Long

That reminds me when the Patriots traded Jamie Collins to the Browns.

I had no clue that was even legal, had to have been dozens of international human rights violations and Geneva conventions broken there. :D

Not to mention he re-signed with them for 4 y ears,

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

That reminds me when the Patriots traded Jamie Collins to the Browns.

I had no clue that was even legal, had to have been dozens of international human rights violations and Geneva conventions broken there. :D

Not to mention he re-signed with them for 4 y ears,

Some of The moves that B.B. has made lately reminds me of the Raiders near the end of the Al Davis run

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Some of The moves that B.B. has made lately reminds me of the Raiders near the end of the Al Davis run

Kinda OT, but despite their record and SB appearance, this season just felt so unPatriot like for NE. And it all started in the beginning of the season. Hyping themselves up opening night with an extravagant banner ceremony (they never do that). Trading away 2 QBs they spent time and resources on for just a second and a bust WR. Spending lots of money on FA, which had some benefits, but in general, the pats aren't really the type of team that generates hype with their expensive FA moves. Trading away key defensive talent. Belicheck allegedly helping his assistants in their job hunts (he never does that). Benching Butler in the big game. All seriously things that the New England Patriots just don't really do. Fascinating to watch them continuously outsmart teams on the field this season, while seemingly getting in their own way off it.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/06/indianapolis-colts-news-josh-mcdaniels-finishing-touches-deal/amp/

My guess is the deal will likely be done by tomorrow (Tuesday), but maybe they won't announce it till Wednesday, with the Presser being Thursday or Friday the latest.

I'd be a little surprised if they announce it Tuesday, what with the SB hangover and the tragic EJax news.

Regardless, and despite what anyone else says, something was going on. Now, it’s not. McDaniels is indeed expected to be the next coach of the Colts.”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Even when the smoke he created disappeared like a fart in the wind he’s continued to try to fan the imaginary flames. 

What a sad, strange little man. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Regardless, and despite what anyone else says, something was going on. Now, it’s not. McDaniels is indeed expected to be the next coach of the Colts.”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Even when the smoke he created disappeared like a fart in the wind he’s continued to try to fan the imaginary flames. 

What a sad, strange little man. 

Florio is such a poor writer/blogger, his website would be exponentially better if he would just let the actual writers he hired do the job.

13 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Wait, what? You're gonna critique McDaniels for bad playing when he's about to call plays for us now? I don't get that at all. Peyton lost 2 SBs does he suck too? It happens. 

...? I said he couldnt have called a better game. How is that anything but a positive?

29 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

...? I said he couldnt have called a better game. How is that anything but a positive?

Easy. You're basically saying [or inferring] our upcoming coach Josh McDaniels called a lousy game & by definition that's what he's bringing that to INDY. I thought Josh did fine. They were basically just a hail mary from making the game interesting. 

How does that equate to a bad game exactly? It doesn't TM. 

Let's just agree to disagree & leave it at that. Obviously, you & I saw 2 different SBs apparently.

Okay wait...Maybe I missed n't as in you thought he did well. Never mind my bad.