Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LII (52) Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

Nothing confirmed, but heard rumblings that he may have missed curfew. 

Props to Philly, they played their butts off! Of all the ways this game played out in my head, a track meet is the last thing I thought was going to happen. In the end, they just couldn't get stops. Amazing that both teams combined for ONE punt. One. Give credit where it's due. The Eagles played tough, Foles delivered, and their defense came up with a HUGE play at a HUGE moment. 

This game was funny too, in the sense that it blew up of the things that Brady detractors say... 

"HE RELIES ON HIS DEFENSE!"

(They give up 41 and look awful doing it.)

"VINATIERI SAVED HIM ALL THREE TIMES!" 

(Gostkowski shanks an extra point and misses a FG on a mishandled snap.) 

"THE REFS GAVE BRADY THE GAME!"

(The Ertz call was a good one but the Coleman call seemed very inconsistent with what we've seen all year.)

Can't win 'em all. We're on to 2018. :lol:

No more likes sorry...but I agree...that didn't fit any narrative at all did it. The Belichick one or Brady one....he looks far from finished. Just another one of those wacky Patriot game endings that usually NE comes out on top of. Very entertaining game.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No more likes sorry...but I agree...that didn't fit any narrative at all did it. The Belichick one or Brady one....he looks far from finished. Just another one of those wacky Patriot game endings that usually NE comes out on top of. Very entertaining game.

That is why the two work well together. It is not just Belichick, it is not just Brady. There are games that are close where Brady is not firing on all cyclinders that Belichick and his team preparation came through by having his team prepared in all 3 phases. Then there are games like yesterday when Belichick outthinks himself??? The continuity of Brady with McDaniels, will be missed a tad bit, IMO, in critical situations. However, they should be fine since they have had stability for a while for coaches next in line. 

It did however take them 10 years after Weis and Crennel left though to win a SB. However, Patricia is not Crennel, IMO. I feel the Colts got the better co-ordinator from the Patriots. :) 

However, NE fans crucifying Belichick after being upset about the loss should take it all in perspective as to how fortunate they have been compared to fans of other teams.

4 hours ago, George Peterson said:

It was an amazing game.  New England is a little bit sour today but I think that's going to fade.  We've been on both sides of this thing a few times by now, and this one just plain doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the 2 to the NYG.

Other than the benching of Butler and the usual number of easy chair referees clogging the forums this morning, the largest number of comments I'm seeing are that it was a great game, and they just wish it had gone differently at the end.

Oh, and full credit to the Eagles for taking away Brady's 2 minute drill.  I don't think any team has ever actually managed to do that to Brady before.  Brady is solid gold in the 2 minute, and the Eagles managed to beat him at his own game.  Brilliant defensive playcalling on the 2 minute defense by the Eagles.

That was something I noticed as well....they played very good defense on the boundaries etc. Also how often do you see Tom not score at the end of the first half when he is driving like that. Never does he have clock management issues but that run he made getting tackled in bounds....didn't make much sense. That killed them from having a chance at 3. The other was the throw that was almost picked on the out route....I don't get that play? He has plenty of arm to get it to the end zone and they could have had two shots at it....two shots for Gronk and two shots for a PI. That said Brady was Brady....and would have won that game in my mind but the strip sack saved Philly. I will also say that reverse on the kickoff didn't help. They were reaching there.

Just now, chad72 said:

That is why the two work well together. It is not just Belichick, it is not just Brady. There are games that are close where Brady is not firing on all cyclinders that Belichick and his team preparation came through by having his team prepared in all 3 phases. Then there are games like yesterday when Belichick outthinks himself??? The continuity of Brady with McDaniels, will be missed, IMO. However, they should be fine since they have had stability for a while for coaches next in line. 

It did however take them 10 years after Weis and Crennel left though to win a SB. However, Patricia is not Crennel, IMO. I feel the Colts got the better co-ordinator from the Patriots. :) 

Yep...again...no more likes but  I agree. Having Brady for Belichick is like the ultimate ACE up your sleeve. He can do so much because he knows he has Tom that will keep him in the game....and usually visa versa when Pats offense struggles for a couple series that defense usually keeps them in the game. Its the ultimate coach/player duo of all time. I think either on their own would still be successful...but the two together....well 5 SBs in like 15 years....and countless AFC Championship game appearances.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I don't hear anybody talking about this ...

On the last play, how is this most blatant illegal contact not called as a penalty?  Hate to say it, but Pats were robbed of another shot at the Hail Mary.  Just horrible that the refs missed calling this obvious penalty.

Illegal contact 1.jpg

Illegal contact 2.jpg

Illegal contact 3.jpg

Yeah I thought it was too far down field.....I agree I think they weren't going to call anything on that last play regardless. I don't think it changed the outcome but yes...a few calls here and there were missed....on both sides. I think that last pass to Jeffries (back shoulder) in the endzone....late third early fourth I think that Eagles settled for FG Gillmore grabbed both his arms...and the Van Noy was slightly early on a shove on the 2 pt conversion...but all in all it was a physical game and the refs let it go. Like in basketball if the refs are calling it close you have to adapt...they weren't last night....overall I don't remember anything just ridiculous over the top...your play there probably the worst.

That was a great game yesterday. Who expected a shootout? Both QB's played Great but Tom made the 1 big mistake much like Peyton did against the Saints in 2009 with his INT. Chance to drive down and give the Pats the lead, then he fumbles. Pretty much game over after that. Regarding Tom nobody will care that a threw for 505 Yards, all they will talk about is his fumble and the Pats losing. That is how it used to be with Peyton too. I remember the SD Playoff game here in 2007 where Peyton had over 300 Yards passing, 3 TD's, and the Colts put up 24 but lost. All anybody was saying is how Peyton choked. My hats off to Nick Foles, I was never believer throughout the whole Playoffs of him, he proved me wrong. Congrats to Philly for winning their 1st SB ever.

Legacy wise not sure how this loss will affect Tom's career? He and his team have now lost 3 SB's where they were pretty big favorites. Having said that he has still won 5.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was a great game yesterday. Who expected a shootout? Both QB's played Great but Tom made the 1 big mistake much like Peyton did against the Saints in 2009 with his INT. Chance to drive down and give the Pats the lead, then he fumbles. Pretty much game over after that. Regarding Tom nobody will care that a threw for 505 Yards, all the will talk about is his fumble and the Pats losing. That is how it used to be with Peyton too. I remember the SD Playoff game here in 2007 where Peyton had over 300 Yards passing, 3 TD's, and the Colts put up 24 but lost. All anybody was saying is how Peyton choked. My hats off to Nick Foles, I was never believer throughout the whole Playoffs of him, he proved me wrong. Congrats to Philly for winning their 1st SB ever.

Legacy wise not sure how this loss will affect Tom's career? He and his team have now lost 3 SB's where they were pretty big favorites. Having said that he has still won 5.

I was wondering where you were, we missed you last night. It was nail biting as always, but finally a happy ending for us Colts fans after that tragedy exactly one year ago lol

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I was wondering where you were, we missed you last night. It was nail biting as always, but finally a happy ending for us Colts fans after that tragedy exactly one year ago lol

I went to SB a party and didn't bring my laptop with me. I was drinking so just spent the night where I was. I thought about everyone being joyous in here after the Pats lost haha . I am just now going through all the Posts.

I just don't want to hear one word about the "refs giving the Patriots another game." 

If there was any truth to that narrative, we would have learned all about it last night. But, as the case has been all season, the refs called 'em like they saw 'em. So don't cry about the Patriots getting calls, because if that were the case, they would have gotten some last night! 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was a great game yesterday. Who expected a shootout? Both QB's played Great but Tom made the 1 big mistake much like Peyton did against the Saints in 2009 with his INT. Chance to drive down and give the Pats the lead, then he fumbles. Pretty much game over after that. Regarding Tom nobody will care that a threw for 505 Yards, all they will talk about is his fumble and the Pats losing. That is how it used to be with Peyton too. I remember the SD Playoff game here in 2007 where Peyton had over 300 Yards passing, 3 TD's, and the Colts put up 24 but lost. All anybody was saying is how Peyton choked. My hats off to Nick Foles, I was never believer throughout the whole Playoffs of him, he proved me wrong. Congrats to Philly for winning their 1st SB ever.

In fairness, Manning threw two INTs in that game.

A turnover is a turnover, but a strip-sack is not quite the same as an INT. 

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I went to SB a party and didn't bring my laptop with me. I was drinking so just spent the night where I was. I thought about everyone being joyous in here after the Pats lost haha . I am just now going through all the Posts.

Enjoy the pain at our expense. ;-) LOL 

I assure you, in the end, it won't fill the voids. :lol:

-I have no idea why Butler didn't play? That was a BB call and who I am to question the GOAT. That very well could've cost them the game though as they couldn't stop Philly at all. The Pats Defense reminded me of ours lmao. Pats fans can finally feel like the Colts fans used to feel when Peyton would put up big numbers and our Defense couldn't stop anyone. Last night is what Peyton had to put up with his whole career here. The season we beat the Pats (2006), Peyton had to put up 38 otherwise we would have 0 SB wins.

-Regarding the REFS, I think they felt pressure on both TD's reviews being overturned. Reason being everyone has complained how the Pats have got those calls all season. I definitely think the Ertz call was correct, the Clement call was iffy but the REFS were probably like, if we overturn this everyone will say we are favoring the Pats. The REFS on the Clement no overturn may have caught up to the Pats because of all the calls they have got and people complaining??

3 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I know you're bummed, I've been there many times. :sigh:  

I like you my friend, so I'll tread lightly here.  It was a great game, and it really did come down to the wire.  I admit, until that last second my stomach was churning and I just knew that Tom was going to somehow tie the game and go to overtime.  I mean, he has done that so damn many times. :argh:  

I feel your disappointment,  but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was relieved to not have to live through another Pats SB victory. 

Side note:  I am still so confused as to why Butler didn't play. Could have been a game changer!

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I like you my friend, so I'll tread lightly here.  It was a great game, and it really did come down to the wire.  I admit, until that last second my stomach was churning and I just knew that Tom was going to somehow tie the game and go to overtime.  I mean, he has done that so damn many times. :argh:  

I feel your disappointment,  but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was relieved to not have to live through another Pats SB victory. 

Side note:  I am still so confused as to why Butler didn't play. Could have been a game changer!

I thought once the Pats went up 33-32 that it would be Foles that would make the big mistake. I never dreamed Tom would get stripped sacked with a chance to drive down for the lead. Tom usually delivers in those situations. Even on the hailmary at the end it was close lmao 

19 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Unless that void is watching super bowls without the patriots.  I assure you, when that happens, the NFL will be more entertaining again.  It's not a Patriots hatred thing - its the opposite.  Much respect to those guys, the only team you just can't count out unless either Belichick or Brady is not having some influence over the game.  The any given Sunday mantra was just not a true aphorism with the Patriots over the last decade and a half. 8 super bowl appearances in 17 seasons and either a super bowl appearance or conference championship appearance for the last 7 straight seasons... I'm over it, even though this is coming from a guy who will freely admit he was rooting for the Patriots as underdogs in 2001.  But they had like 4 seasons out of 17 where they didn't advance past the division round, and one of those seasons their best player was injured the whole year.   Those are unprecedented accomplishments and unless you like listening to the same song for 17 years, their falling off the map is all you want. Props to those guys, but I'm ready to switch to any other song ever mad...even if its rap.

41 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Thank you my friend, I like you too, and I always have. :thmup:

It's a bummer, but... in the end, it's just football. My kids are just as cute and amazing as they were yesterday morning, and I'm just as lucky as I was then to be living my life. So... it's all good. Gotta keep things in perspective. haha

On the plus side for Patriots fans, there might be a pattern developing between the Pats losing the Super Bowl and the Celtics winning the NBA title every other time:

86 - Pats Loss -- Celtics = NBA Champs
97 - Pats Loss -- Celtics = Not Champs
08 - Pats Loss -- Celtics = NBA Champs
12 - Pats Loss -- Celtics = Not Champs
18 - Pats Loss -- Celtics = ??

6 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

It should be strict.....its a "dynasty."  No need to lower the standards so it's easier to accomplish.  This is the same logic used in horseracing, when people wanted to change the Triple Crown because it was supposedly too hard for horses to reach.  Then American Pharoah won the Triple Crown in 2015.

No team in the NFL until the end of time will ever win 11 out of 13 like the Celtics or 10 out of 12 like UCLA, the Dynasty standard should be adjusted according to the Sport. NE winning 5 and appearing in 8 in 16 years is as good as it gets in recent past. 

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

No team in the NFL until the end of time will ever win 11 out of 13 like the Celtics or 10 out of 12 like UCLA, the Dynasty standard should be adjusted according to the Sport. NE winning 5 and appearing in 8 in 16 years is as good as it gets in recent past. 

Back in the late 50's/60's it was easier to win it all every year. The Celtics won 8 of their 11 Titles only having to win 2 series. If anyone tells me the Lakers weren't a dynasty during the 80's - winning 5 Titles in 9 seasons from 1980-1988 with Magic/Kareem they are sniffing glue lmao. The Pats dynasty is mainly Tom and BB as they have been the constants. Winning 5 in 16 seasons is a dynasty IMO so I agree. It is 16 seasons from 2001 to 2016.

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

He honestly played a good game. He missed some throws in the first half but they never punted the whole game. Plus he was missing Cooks...I thought they would throw to the RBs more but really it was just the one strip sack that was the difference in the game. Neither team could stop the opposing qb....you knew Brady was going to make a comeback and he about did. I still wasn't comfortable until I saw 00s on the clock. Fun game....had lots of good friends over...great food....excellent evening. With the exception of the announcers....my one gripe...but even that doesn't taint a good time.

I'm not saying Brady had a bad game or he was the reason for the loss, but Peyton would get blamed for playoff losses when his team couldn't stop the Chargers' backups while having a Brady-like game like last night.

11 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I'm not saying Brady had a bad game or he was the reason for the loss, but Peyton would get blamed for playoff losses when his team couldn't stop the Chargers' backups while having a Brady-like game like last night.

FACT.

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

In fairness, Manning threw two INTs in that game.

A turnover is a turnover, but a strip-sack is not quite the same as an INT. 

I think one of the interceptions though was a tipped pass off of maybe Marvin Harrison's hands.

What also wasn't mentioned was that the Chargers were missing both Rivers and LT in that game and the Colts' D couldn't stop them.

17 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

And that's why us Colts fans are superior to any others....we would never call out a qb that played his heart out and laid it all out there to lead his team to victory to only be let down by his defense. Forget what other say....and your probably right about it....but on this board we have great fans of the game...we understand it takes a whole team to win it all....and when a player does everything he could have done to win and they still lose....well we take our cap off to him and recognize their performance. Tom had an incredible performance....it wasn't perfect but it was herculean effort for sure....the chips didn't fall his way...but that was no fault his own. Probably his best SB performance and yet they still lose....sometimes life ain't fair. I don't feel sorry for him....he has had plenty of bounces and things go his way....last night didn't.

20 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Maybe this is why the Giants were terrible all season? They spent the season filming these commercials during practice?

I know right? I 'm a huge Eli Manning fan & after they did that "Dirty Dancing" TD celebration grand finale ad on TV with Beckham, I was like no wonder why BIG Blue has a new coach....I waited for that payoff? Talk about a massive letdown. 

20 hours ago, NFLfan said:

ROFL. :lol: My sister does not watch football but we are watching it together. She goes, "There they go again. 'Brady, Brady, Brady.' They are obsessed with this guy. Can they stop talking about him. This is like a Brady Bowl..."

This is what we all complain about.

Uh huh. The media idolization was so excessive that it bordered on a delusional obsession. 

20 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Does anyone else play for the Pats other than Brady?

I burst out laughing when I read your reply PB. Beautiful use of sarcasm. :thmup:

20 hours ago, jjcolts said:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the exact same thing JJc never believing Nick Foles would pull this off. 

20 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Doesn't matter.

Patriots can still stop the Eagles, and get the ball back with 1:20 and get the TD to win it.

Hey there B34, I was thinking the Pats would win another SB late like they normally do & it still came down to a final NE throw for all the marbles. You read my mind man. 

19 hours ago, TheMarine said:

Collinsworth and having to say the Eagles Won DVPayviVQAA55z-.jpg:large

Now, that is bleeping hilarious! Best response I have seen yet TM. Nicely done. 

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And that's why us Colts fans are superior to any others....we would never call out a qb that played his heart out and laid it all out there to lead his team to victory to only be let down by his defense. Forget what other say....and your probably right about it....but on this board we have great fans of the game...we understand it takes a whole team to win it all....and when a player does everything he could have done to win and they still lose....well we take our cap off to him and recognize their performance. Tom had an incredible performance....it wasn't perfect but it was herculean effort for sure....the chips didn't fall his way...but that was no fault his own. Probably his best SB performance and yet they still lose....sometimes life ain't fair. I don't feel sorry for him....he has had plenty of bounces and things go his way....last night didn't.

Football is such a team sport, that is why when people say Tom 5 Rings/Peyton 2 is the only factor in ranking those 2 is ridiculous. Tom throws for 505 Yards and loses and in 2001 he throws for 145 Yards and wins so he is a hero lmao. Tom played 10 times better last night than he did in 2001 vs the Rams. Just something to think about.

Okay yes, I picked the Patriots to win & they lost. Congrats to Legarrette Blount & Chris Long for winning more hardware against your former teammates. Wow, Blount has 3 rings now. Impressive for a RB. He left the Steelers & came out smelling like a rose. 

To all my NE friends: I know you're disappointed right now maybe even mad. Sorry fellas, I know how much losing a SB hurts. I won't mock you, slam you, or put salt in your wounds. You still have a great owner, HOF HC, & next level QB who could have pulled it off yet again. You have nothing to be ashamed of or any reason to hang your head in shame. You'll be back in the thick of things next season like always. 

The Malcolm Butler situation stunned me. I still am foggy over that game time decision. Anyway, hang in there. 

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Something that no one is talking about....if Malcolm Butler was out there, would the Pats have won?

It's definitely a question I'd like an answer to 21. Malcolm was getting the vast majority of the DB reps before the SB & then Bill yanks him prior to kickoff? Very strange. 

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

@GoPats @JimJaime @Flying Elvis @-JJ- @IcEWoLF Do any of you have any idea why Butler didn't play?

As the weeks go by, if any of my NE friends get a more detailed explanation of the benching & can shed some light on that decision, I'd appreciate whatever wisdom you can provide me with. Thanks. 

20 hours ago, JimJaime said:

No idea! mind you I don't think he changes anything. The D was just plain bad tonight. Every damn pick in the draft needs be D help. 

Philly's defense minus that Brady strip sack wasn't exactly dazzling either JJ. Don't panic too much. The Eagles o-line was better than Boston's. That's why Foles won. 

19 hours ago, Jules said:

Sorry to the Pats fans here btw who are good posters and good people. It hurts to lose the Super Bowl.

My fiance and love of my life is a Patriots fan (yes it happens lol) but his lifelong obsession is the Red Sox and we do the Celtics thing together. He's actually pretty cool with this and all, he had some drinks earlier out with friends and said it happens. He even had a dream nights ago the Pats lost so I am rubbing off on him with weird sports stuff to prepare him for things since I am used to the Colts never getting things their way lol.

The only thing that stills bothers me actually is why the Pats got rid of Jimmy G. You could start over with him. I mean Brady is still at a high level but it's fools gold to think in his early 40's he can keep this going. The odds just do not favor a QB his age. It's like building currently around Dirk Nowitzki in the NBA.

Well said Jules. We do have darn nice NE contributors on here & yes, the Jimmy G. trade may haunt this franchise moving forward no question. I wanna see the next episode of "Tom vs Time" now. 

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

It's definitely a question I'd like an answer to 21. Malcolm was getting the vast majority of the DB reps before the SB & then Bill yanks him prior to kickoff? Very strange. 

As the weeks go by, if any of my NE friends get a more detailed explanation of the benching & can shed some light on that decision, I'd appreciate whatever wisdom you can provide me with. Thanks. 

Philly's defense minus that Brady strip sack wasn't exactly dazzling either JJ. Don't panic too much. The Eagles o-line was better than Boston's. That's why Foles won. 

Well said Jules. We do have darn nice NE contributors on here & yes, the Jimmy G. trade may haunt this franchise moving forward no question. I wanna see the next episode of "Tom vs Time" now. 

They are saying the benching now (per the news up here) he was sick, had a bad week of practice, and broke a minor rule probably to do with  curfew. But of course BB will neither confirm nor deny this.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I definitely think the Ertz call was correct, the Clement call was iffy but the REFS were probably like, if we overturn this everyone will say we are favoring the Pats.

The Ertz call was absolutely the right call. It is mind-boggling why Collingsworth went on and on about it not being a catch and TD. :scratch:

I thought the game was enjoyable. I went into it not really wanting to watch it. I am glad I did. The Eagles players seemed much more likeable than the Pats players. But my oh my, those Eagles fans were awful. They even ripped out seats from the stadium. I saw a video with one guy carrying a seat with him. Smh.

Btw, we missed ya here last night.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Ertz call was absolutely the right call. It is mind-boggling why Collingsworth went on and on about it not being a catch and TD. :scratch:

Now, regarding the Clement call, it was called a TD. If it is just "iffy", then the call should stand. 

I thought the game was enjoyable. I went into it not really wanting to watch it. I am glad I did. The Eagles players seemed much more likeable than the Pats players. But my oh my, those Eagles fans were awful. They even ripped out seats from the stadium. I saw a video with one guy carrying a seat with him. Smh.

I wasn't here because I was too busy climbing up light poles and dancing naked outside in Philly after that huge upset. Just kidding but that was a great game.

49 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

They are saying the benching now (per the news up here) he was sick, had a bad week of practice, and broke a minor rule probably to do with  curfew. But of course BB will neither confirm nor deny this.

Thanks for your reply Jim. I appreciate it. I don't know if I buy the illness rumor. Malcolm was really upset pushing away tears like he just got some devastating news. I'm still surprised Butler wasn't out there in the 2nd half. 

Keep me in the loop please. I'm not buying the curfew thing either. Yeah I know, I'm not in NE's locker room so I'd have no idea. I just felt like NE can't stop Foles. Put him out there after halftime & see if he can pick Nick off. What could it hurt ya know? Just saying.  

As far as the Eagles are concerned, I did like seeing the genuine respect & admiration that Doug Pederson & Nick Foles displayed toward each other on NFL Network after the SB. I was like wow, those 2 men really care about each other. Even Deion Sanders didn't mess up that moment by saying something foolish. 

Kevin Hart the comedian & Philly fan showing up on set intoxicated & using a colorful metaphor to display his joy over the outcome made me chuckle pretty good. All Eagle fans are entitled to hit the sauce a little too hard after winning their 1st championship since 1960. 

Why didn't anybody point out that Doug achieved what Andy Reid never could while there? That's huge to me. Doug crossed the SB finish while Andy never could. I like Coach Reid but he has difficulty winning playoff games, especially when his team is heavily favored. 

I don't have any sources or links... this is just what I read from twitter from supposed inside sources...   you know social media journalism....  but here goes...

sources are saying that Butler broke curfew and smelled of pot and was arguing with the coaching staff when approached......       if this is true and BB is actually covering for him....  can't wait to hear the "actual truth"

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You're not alone in saying you didn't understand why Collinsworth and Michaels were going on and on about the two Eagles TDs...

But...   and I don't mean to be too mean about this,  anyone who says they didn't understand what all the fuss was about is literally admitting that they haven't been following football very closely for the last 3-4 years.

What IS and what ISN'T a catch has been one of the most disputed, contentious and controversial issues in the NFL for years.  Goodell has already announced he wants a commission to figure this out once and for all this off-season.

All they were saying is that if the NFL was going to be consistent and rule in the Super Bowl the way the have been ruling during the regular season then neither the Clement catch not the Ertz dive would've been called TDs.  It was about being consistent.

The NFL may have gotten the calls right, but they used different reasoning in the SB that the didn't use in the regular season.   THAT's what Chris and Al were going on and in about.

15 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Right now lots of speculations, more to come in the next few days.

Yep...the latest from an ex teammate (Browner) was that he hadn't had good practices, got busted for cerfew with a woman and marijuana. Now before we go all dirty bird on him the woman could have been his gf or whatever that isn't said as the team doesn't distinguish that (can't even have the wives). Basically a perfect storm of messing around on the most important week of football he was going to play...and Bill wasn't having it. If I'm Bill I might not have started him either....but at half time and you haven't stopped the Eagles all game....I might have had to reconsider. So with the new info provided I see both sides of this story now...and it makes more sense. Leaves Butlers legacy in question...he makes the game winning play to win you a SB...then now he does some bone headed stuff and can't play and likely costs you one. Life is a journey....if your going to have mountain tops...well there has to be some valleys too....can't have one without the other.

20 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I think it was Jules at the beginning of this thread something like: "The only defense Boston has is with the Celtics." 

I don't care who a fan was rooting for last night....That is funny! :lol: Nobody played defense in that game. 

That was a very true statement! Brady played lights out as did Foles and Blount was a damn force as well.