Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Super Bowl LII (52) Game Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

 

 

So if it's not for disciplinary reasons or illness, what else could it be?  Did he have a tragedy in his family recently and wasn't able to practice or focus?

If it’s a family issue then good on B.B. for not saying anything and taking any heat from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

 

 

So if it's not for disciplinary reasons or illness, what else could it be?  Did he have a tragedy in his family recently and wasn't able to practice or focus?

Do you honestly think he would say? Not being a butt but I doubt it. I kinda want to know because I was kinda interested in signing him this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look...if Belichick is brilliant for his other decisions, then let's not question his decision to not play Butler. Can't have it both ways. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’d like to take a minute to thank the resident Pats fans that have shown up after the game. As much as we all spar with each other they got enough in them to come on here and be gracious. That speaks volumes about their character. Cheers.

Thanks blue, looses are tough, but in the end it is just a game.  Wanted the win , but was not to worried if we lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, but what does that mean?

 

It's a matchups thing?  Malcolm didn't give them the best matchups for the specific defensive packages they wanted to run?  If that's the case, this is a horrible coaching job on the biggest stage

 

That’s just Patriot talk...they won’t say but somebody will find out. Even at halftime adjustment they should have put him in. They only needed one stop....he wasn’t elite this year but he was consistent all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Look...if Belichick is brilliant for his other decisions, then let's not question his decision to not play Butler. Can't have it both ways. 

 

 

Oh I think he had a good reason...it wasn’t matchups though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Look...if Belichick is brilliant for his other decisions, then let's not question his decision to not play Butler. Can't have it both ways. 

 

 

I don't think it works that way.  Fans question decisions on who starts and who doesn't.

It hurt them.

 

I'm not a NE fan..but they deserve to know why he didn't play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yehoodi said:

Thanks blue, looses are tough, but in the end it is just a game.  Wanted the win , but was not to worried if we lost.

Well you do have five other wins to come home to.

 

Agreed. I just hope they greased all of Philly. Too much history to lose in drunken rioting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

meh 5 in 15 years as well as another 5 appearances, i would say that is dynasty worthy, but as i stated earlier, i will always see it as a tainted dynasty, due to the cheating allegations and the blatent favoritism by the refs at Gillette.

Yeah...It’s a dynasty...but a tainted one.  There is some tarnish on that jewelry. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

 

 

So if it's not for disciplinary reasons or illness, what else could it be?  Did he have a tragedy in his family recently and wasn't able to practice or focus?

Even when they lose there is controversy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, but what does that mean?

 

It's a matchups thing?  Malcolm didn't give them the best matchups for the specific defensive packages they wanted to run?  If that's the case, this is a horrible coaching job on the biggest stage

 

I was quoting Chris collinsworth who made the coaching comment.  As for match up the pats did hold him out early in the season for match up reasons.  My guess is that the felt the same way this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He couldn't have been any worse than what they had.  Plus, he's one of their best defensive players.  When your defense is being torn apart, you need all the help you can get.  It makes no sense to bench one of your star players in the biggest game of the year

Sounds like another conspiracy. Belicheck is too smart to bench one of his top d backs in the SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yehoodi said:

I was quoting Chris collinsworth who made the coaching comment.  As for match up the pats did hold him out early in the season for match up reasons.  My guess is that the felt the same way this game.

He played against Pittsburgh but was held out against the Eagles for matchup reasons against THEIR receivers.

 

That does not sound like logic to me. Seems like there was more to it than that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dodsworth said:

Sounds like another conspiracy. Belicheck is too smart to bench one of his top d backs in the SB.

Here's where he'd be better off just to tell the whole story and move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Thanks blue, looses are tough, but in the end it is just a game.  Wanted the win , but was not to worried if we lost.

 Can’t say that I’m sorry about the outcome but I do respect that you can come here so soon after a defeat in the Super Bowl. Now...back to my enjoying the moment. You know the drill around here.  Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Well you do have five other wins to come home to.

 

Agreed. I just hope they greased all of Philly. Too much history to lose in drunken rioting.

It would of been nice to have 3 of 4.  But yes the hay is in the barn last year.  SB 49 was the one I really wanted and last year was nice  back up to 49.

 

In the end bounces go your way and not your way and you gotta role with the punches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He played against Pittsburgh but was held out against the Eagles for matchup reasons against THEIR receivers.

 

That does not sound like logic to me. Seems like there was more to it than that..

I agree, something might of been up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I was quoting Chris collinsworth who made the coaching comment.  As for match up the pats did hold him out early in the season for match up reasons.  My guess is that the felt the same way this game.

I guess with the Pats you never know...but I can’t in my gut believe that. Even at halftime he had to see the plan wasn’t working. Something I think will leak out but Malcom might not be an all pro but he is pretty dang good. Especially in the redzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He couldn't have been any worse than what they had.  Plus, he's one of their best defensive players.  When your defense is being torn apart, you need all the help you can get.  It makes no sense to bench one of your star players in the biggest game of the year

Here is what Matt Patricia said when Tom Curran asked him. Answer is sort of similar to what I said maybe:

 

Tom E. Curran  
Tom E. Curran   


@tomecurran
 
   
 


Asked Patricia how 21 can start 17 games but not find way onto field when defense is allowing 40. "Packages. Couldn't get everyone in."

8:07 PM - 4 Feb 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I really really like Carson Wentz...player and man especially when he came out about his Facebook posts...but dang that poor guy has a tough act to follow now. He may end up being Eagles greatest qb of all time someday in yards tds etc....but may still always be #2 in Eagles fans lore to Nick.

 

There's no reason to believe the Eagles are 1 and done in SBs. They're a young team with a good young coach. By August they will want another 1, and they will want it with whoever is playing quarterback. Meanwhile their division is a train wreck so there's that lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

 Can’t say that I’m sorry about the outcome but I do respect that you can come here so soon after a defeat in the Super Bowl. Now...back to my enjoying the moment. You know the drill around here.  Lol 

Lol, actually I am on my phone while watching the post game, so I can post.

 

No you can be sorry too much, I hear yah, nice to see philly win a SB and first championship since 1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yehoodi said:

I agree, something might of been up

..and he can just say what it is because he has the stature to do so.  He's Bill Belichik

Although I do not know what is not covered by discipline and illness...

 

..again....fans of the Pats deserve to know....why a good player was benched for the Super Bowl.

Whatever it is....it will come out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do you honestly think he would say? Not being a butt but I doubt it. I kinda want to know because I was kinda interested in signing him this offseason.

Our new HC will know even if we never do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I guess with the Pats you never know...but I can’t in my gut believe that. Even at halftime he had to see the plan wasn’t working. Something I think will leak out but Malcom might not be an all pro but he is pretty dang good. Especially in the redzone.

Yah and that play that Richards miss on third down, texting with my buddies, all could not understand why bulter was not in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krunk said:

Here is what Matt Patricia said when Tom Curran asked him. Answer is sort of similar to what I said maybe:

 

Tom E. Curran  
Tom E. Curran   


@tomecurran
 
   
 


Asked Patricia how 21 can start 17 games but not find way onto field when defense is allowing 40. "Packages. Couldn't get everyone in."

8:07 PM - 4 Feb 2018

Yeah...that’s Pats code for we aren’t talking. I assume it was for good reasons...and that’s fine...if it’s for matchups honestly....then that is insane. He was crying before the game maybe had family issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

..and he can just say what it is because he has the stature to do so.  He's Bill Belichik

Although I do not know what is not covered by discipline and illness...

 

..again....fans of the Pats deserve to know....why a good player was benched for the Super Bowl.

Whatever it is....it will come out

Yes I agree, sometimes one can blow off answers, but the fans deserve an answers given the importance of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I agree, something might of been up

The script called for them to lose, so they benched their best db. When that didn’t work, they had to get Tom to fumble it away.. lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Lol, actually I am on my phone while watching the post game, so I can post.

 

No you can be sorry too much, I hear yah, nice to see philly win a SB and first championship since 1960

Yeah...you guys still have 5 Lombardi’s to dull the pain of today. Must be nice. It’s been an incredible era for Pats nation.  I am very happy that the Eagles finally got one. Now their fans can feel what it’s like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yehoodi said:

Yah and that play that Richards miss on third down, texting with my buddies, all could not understand why bulter was not in

Between the 20s maybe...but goal line...yeah we’ve seen him contest throws and play tough d. Anyways...your offense played brilliant and happy to get McD...wish Tom came with him...and you will be very good next year we know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to appreciating those Pats fans who have been respectful on this site, I also want to thank Colt fans for not being ** about this Pats loss. Well done, Colt fans. I am proud to call you brethren. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah...you guys still have 5 Lombardi’s to dull the pain of today. Must be nice. It’s been an incredible era for Pats nation.  I am very happy that the Eagles finally got one. Now their fans can feel what it’s like. 

 

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

 

I was waiting for the penalty flag at the end there.

 

"Pass interference. Defense. Hitting Gronk while attempting a catch. Ball is spotted at the spot of the foul."

Not on Gronkowski, but there should've absolutely been a penalty on the Eagles on that last play for a VERY Blatant Illegal contact half way down field, when an Eagles defender took one of the Pats receivers right out of the play while he was running his pattern to the end zone.   5 yard penalty, Pats get another shot at the Hail Mary. It’s actually brutal that they missed that call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XxGoosexX said:

 

The script called for them to lose, so they benched their best db. When that didn’t work, they had to get Tom to fumble it away.. lmao

 

who knows maybe your correct . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

 

That’s shocking!!! He might not have been a lock down corner but he is a sure tackler and he is a good corner. Especially in redzone. They could have used his help Tonight. Don’t get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

 

I just heard this on the radio. weei.   Be really nice to get some further insight from BB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Gronk is emotional but word is contemplating retirement. Wonder if that last concussion scared him some...or made him think. Maybe he is just postering for money but he has had a lot of injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

 

He struggled vs Jags but that doesn’t make sense to change a defense that was finally playing good as a team and then change everyone’s jobs. Pats whole thing is “Do your job!!” Then don’t change their job in the final game of the year and expect it to go well. Malcolm might have gave up some plays but I can’t believe in my heart as much as I wanted Philly to win that he wouldn’t have done something to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • With AD, LeBron and keeping Kuzma it is a good start. I have to see what they put around that. Kuzma is a good player. Ingram has health problems and without Ball the Lakers have no outside nonsense with daddy Ball. He was an outside soap opera distraction. Lakers still need shooting and a PG, so we will see.  
    • - Again, you're still in the minute few (and LA fans) that believe those players were equal to AD. I commend Demps for not bending to LA/Lebrons nonsense. NO literally got 1 mid-level starter, and 2 average bench players for a top-5 player. Sorry, but you're lying to yourself if you think NO benefited any from this trade. However, yes, you were right about the trade.    - What good is Kuzma when he's watching Zion eat up his minutes? There is at least some flexibility with the #4 pick that could be traded for another veteran. They could use an upgrade at SG.   - With the way LA is being built, I'd be surprised if they even make it past the Conference Finals, let alone make it to the Finals. 
    • Even though I am excited about the young WRs and even though I didn't like Grigs...I am going to have to defend him here a bit.   With Grigs there is 5 seasons of data points...Ballard only has two (because we haven't yet see how this one plays out from the WR standpoint)...so there are going to be more of these on-year WR "misses." I don't expect Ballard will continue to sign these stopgap WR types...but like Grigs...he was definitely not immune to paying money to crappy WRs.   So I don't think it's totally fair to discredit Grigs for having a "problem" with one-year WR busts...and then toss out the two that Ballard has had in his first seasons. It's been an issue for a long time.   Also...if we judge Ballard on the whole picture...we should Grigs as well. Grigs re-signed Reggie...when many thought they should move on. He signed Avery...the last good one-year WR deal (until this year hopefully). He drafted Hilton. He drafted Moncrief...who people were just as high on as they are Campbell or Cain. He brought in Chester Rogers. He made some pretty great moves...and some pretty bad ones as well.   And while we can be confident about Ballard...when it comes to WR...it's still  wait and see.     
    • Dickerson all-time is a top 5 RB ever. I have:   Jim Brown Emmitt Smith Walter Payton Barry Sanders Eric is #5.  I would take Tony Dorsett over Faulk. 1995 turned me off from Faulk. We would've won the SB had he played in 95 and he quit - BOOO. 
    • I am not a huge LeBron fan but LA is in great shape with AD and plenty of cap space. We will know more once Free Agency is over. I told you LA would get AD, I knew I would be right on that one. I thought Kuzma would be a part of it though. LA even kept Kuzma lol. When Magic offered the deal Kuzma was a part of it but Demps was dumb and didn't do the trade. Kuzma is by far better than any 4th pick they will get. There are only 3 sure picks = Zion, Ja, and RJ.
  • Members

    • fanoftheteam

      fanoftheteam 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • esmort

      esmort 1,518

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt Overseas

      Colt Overseas 468

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PureLuck

      PureLuck 96

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 101

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...