Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LII (52) Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

So if it's not for disciplinary reasons or illness, what else could it be?  Did he have a tragedy in his family recently and wasn't able to practice or focus?

If it’s a family issue then good on B.B. for not saying anything and taking any heat from it.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

So if it's not for disciplinary reasons or illness, what else could it be?  Did he have a tragedy in his family recently and wasn't able to practice or focus?

Do you honestly think he would say? Not being a butt but I doubt it. I kinda want to know because I was kinda interested in signing him this offseason.

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’d like to take a minute to thank the resident Pats fans that have shown up after the game. As much as we all spar with each other they got enough in them to come on here and be gracious. That speaks volumes about their character. Cheers.

Thanks blue, looses are tough, but in the end it is just a game.  Wanted the win , but was not to worried if we lost.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, but what does that mean?

It's a matchups thing?  Malcolm didn't give them the best matchups for the specific defensive packages they wanted to run?  If that's the case, this is a horrible coaching job on the biggest stage

That’s just Patriot talk...they won’t say but somebody will find out. Even at halftime adjustment they should have put him in. They only needed one stop....he wasn’t elite this year but he was consistent all year.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Look...if Belichick is brilliant for his other decisions, then let's not question his decision to not play Butler. Can't have it both ways. 

I don't think it works that way.  Fans question decisions on who starts and who doesn't.

It hurt them.

I'm not a NE fan..but they deserve to know why he didn't play

20 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

meh 5 in 15 years as well as another 5 appearances, i would say that is dynasty worthy, but as i stated earlier, i will always see it as a tainted dynasty, due to the cheating allegations and the blatent favoritism by the refs at Gillette.

Yeah...It’s a dynasty...but a tainted one.  There is some tarnish on that jewelry. Lol 

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, but what does that mean?

It's a matchups thing?  Malcolm didn't give them the best matchups for the specific defensive packages they wanted to run?  If that's the case, this is a horrible coaching job on the biggest stage

I was quoting Chris collinsworth who made the coaching comment.  As for match up the pats did hold him out early in the season for match up reasons.  My guess is that the felt the same way this game.

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He couldn't have been any worse than what they had.  Plus, he's one of their best defensive players.  When your defense is being torn apart, you need all the help you can get.  It makes no sense to bench one of your star players in the biggest game of the year

Sounds like another conspiracy. Belicheck is too smart to bench one of his top d backs in the SB.

Just now, Yehoodi said:

I was quoting Chris collinsworth who made the coaching comment.  As for match up the pats did hold him out early in the season for match up reasons.  My guess is that the felt the same way this game.

He played against Pittsburgh but was held out against the Eagles for matchup reasons against THEIR receivers.

That does not sound like logic to me. Seems like there was more to it than that..

6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Thanks blue, looses are tough, but in the end it is just a game.  Wanted the win , but was not to worried if we lost.

Can’t say that I’m sorry about the outcome but I do respect that you can come here so soon after a defeat in the Super Bowl. Now...back to my enjoying the moment. You know the drill around here.  Lol 

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Well you do have five other wins to come home to.

Agreed. I just hope they greased all of Philly. Too much history to lose in drunken rioting.

It would of been nice to have 3 of 4.  But yes the hay is in the barn last year.  SB 49 was the one I really wanted and last year was nice  back up to 49.

In the end bounces go your way and not your way and you gotta role with the punches

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He played against Pittsburgh but was held out against the Eagles for matchup reasons against THEIR receivers.

That does not sound like logic to me. Seems like there was more to it than that..

I agree, something might of been up

4 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I guess with the Pats you never know...but I can’t in my gut believe that. Even at halftime he had to see the plan wasn’t working. Something I think will leak out but Malcom might not be an all pro but he is pretty dang good. Especially in the redzone.

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He couldn't have been any worse than what they had.  Plus, he's one of their best defensive players.  When your defense is being torn apart, you need all the help you can get.  It makes no sense to bench one of your star players in the biggest game of the year

Here is what Matt Patricia said when Tom Curran asked him. Answer is sort of similar to what I said maybe:

Tom E. Curran  
Tom E. Curran   

@tomecurran

Asked Patricia how 21 can start 17 games but not find way onto field when defense is allowing 40. "Packages. Couldn't get everyone in."

8:07 PM - 4 Feb 2018

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I really really like Carson Wentz...player and man especially when he came out about his Facebook posts...but dang that poor guy has a tough act to follow now. He may end up being Eagles greatest qb of all time someday in yards tds etc....but may still always be #2 in Eagles fans lore to Nick.

There's no reason to believe the Eagles are 1 and done in SBs. They're a young team with a good young coach. By August they will want another 1, and they will want it with whoever is playing quarterback. Meanwhile their division is a train wreck so there's that lol!

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Can’t say that I’m sorry about the outcome but I do respect that you can come here so soon after a defeat in the Super Bowl. Now...back to my enjoying the moment. You know the drill around here.  Lol 

Lol, actually I am on my phone while watching the post game, so I can post.

No you can be sorry too much, I hear yah, nice to see philly win a SB and first championship since 1960

Just now, Yehoodi said:

I agree, something might of been up

..and he can just say what it is because he has the stature to do so.  He's Bill Belichik

Although I do not know what is not covered by discipline and illness...

..again....fans of the Pats deserve to know....why a good player was benched for the Super Bowl.

Whatever it is....it will come out

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I guess with the Pats you never know...but I can’t in my gut believe that. Even at halftime he had to see the plan wasn’t working. Something I think will leak out but Malcom might not be an all pro but he is pretty dang good. Especially in the redzone.

Yah and that play that Richards miss on third down, texting with my buddies, all could not understand why bulter was not in

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Here is what Matt Patricia said when Tom Curran asked him. Answer is sort of similar to what I said maybe:

Tom E. Curran  
Tom E. Curran   

@tomecurran

Asked Patricia how 21 can start 17 games but not find way onto field when defense is allowing 40. "Packages. Couldn't get everyone in."

8:07 PM - 4 Feb 2018

Yeah...that’s Pats code for we aren’t talking. I assume it was for good reasons...and that’s fine...if it’s for matchups honestly....then that is insane. He was crying before the game maybe had family issues.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

..and he can just say what it is because he has the stature to do so.  He's Bill Belichik

Although I do not know what is not covered by discipline and illness...

..again....fans of the Pats deserve to know....why a good player was benched for the Super Bowl.

Whatever it is....it will come out

Yes I agree, sometimes one can blow off answers, but the fans deserve an answers given the importance of the game

2 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Lol, actually I am on my phone while watching the post game, so I can post.

No you can be sorry too much, I hear yah, nice to see philly win a SB and first championship since 1960

Yeah...you guys still have 5 Lombardi’s to dull the pain of today. Must be nice. It’s been an incredible era for Pats nation.  I am very happy that the Eagles finally got one. Now their fans can feel what it’s like. 

1 minute ago, Yehoodi said:

Yah and that play that Richards miss on third down, texting with my buddies, all could not understand why bulter was not in

Between the 20s maybe...but goal line...yeah we’ve seen him contest throws and play tough d. Anyways...your offense played brilliant and happy to get McD...wish Tom came with him...and you will be very good next year we know that.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah...you guys still have 5 Lombardi’s to dull the pain of today. Must be nice. It’s been an incredible era for Pats nation.  I am very happy that the Eagles finally got one. Now their fans can feel what it’s like. 

Agree 100%

59 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I was waiting for the penalty flag at the end there.

"Pass interference. Defense. Hitting Gronk while attempting a catch. Ball is spotted at the spot of the foul."

Not on Gronkowski, but there should've absolutely been a penalty on the Eagles on that last play for a VERY Blatant Illegal contact half way down field, when an Eagles defender took one of the Pats receivers right out of the play while he was running his pattern to the end zone.   5 yard penalty, Pats get another shot at the Hail Mary. It’s actually brutal that they missed that call.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

He struggled vs Jags but that doesn’t make sense to change a defense that was finally playing good as a team and then change everyone’s jobs. Pats whole thing is “Do your job!!” Then don’t change their job in the final game of the year and expect it to go well. Malcolm might have gave up some plays but I can’t believe in my heart as much as I wanted Philly to win that he wouldn’t have done something to help.