Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LII (52) Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Ok so when is McDaniels officially hired as the coach here now ?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow but that would be rough on McDaniels to lose the Superbowl and have to get on a flight right away so they may have to wait until Tuesday.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

I was waiting for the penalty flag at the end there.

"Pass interference. Defense. Hitting Gronk while attempting a catch. Ball is spotted at the spot of the foul."

i was too!  Granted on Jump balls like that they normally don't.  But I will say this, Brady still has a heck of an arm to lob it 50+ like that accurately 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He needs to let it go......Past should have lost to Jacksonville.

Got to give the Eagles credit..

They won with their offense the last 2 weeks.

..and Nick Foles was very, very good

Nick Foles and the Eagles did what Seattle and Atlanta couldn't ... close this team out!

SO HAPPY!!

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

How can a Superbowl MVP not play another down. He kind of proved he can play at high level. 

Yep. He was going to retire. I think Philly re-signs him and keeps him as a backup. Did Hostetler get to play much after he won? I can’t remember.

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow but that would be rough on McDaniels to lose the Superbowl and have to get on a flight right away so they may have to wait until Tuesday.

Happened to Pagano.  Wasn't the Super Bowl, but they lost to the Pats and the next day, he was hired as head coach here

Just now, chad72 said:

You knew the Eagles were destined for this SB win when both the Coleman TD and Ertz TDs did not go in favor of the Patriots, they at least get some of those 50-50 calls. 

Agreed but both were right call....yet all season those were reversed...hard to believe.

Just now, csmopar said:

i was too!  Granted on Jump balls like that they normally don't.  But I will say this, Brady still has a heck of an arm to lob it 50+ like that accurately 

Watching the replay, it is now funny how Gronk shoved an eagle player to get to end zone. He is one strong dude

3 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I was just telling my wife this. Getting MVP Is never a good thing if you’re in the playoffs 

Wait a minute, speaking of curse.
142246b.jpg

Well, technically he didn't get injured, so only partially a curse... or did he if you count the thumb? Hmm...

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’d just like to point out that “greatest” threw some really bad passes. 3 on the last drive. That likely cost them. Also he fumbled the football the drive before.

If we judge him by the 'Peyton Manning standard' we must conclude that his good numbers don't matter because he turned the ball over to lose the game

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’d just like to point out that “greatest” threw some really bad passes. 3 on the last drive. That likely cost them. Also he fumbled the football the drive before.

He threw for over 400 yards and 2 TDs  and the O scored 33on the best D in the NFL. This game was lost because the Pats D couldn't stop the Eagles at all.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

All this time everyone was worried about Tom vs Time but they should have worried about Tom vs Foles. That kid deserves a cold beer...played a perfect game.

So true.  And he was so composed....     I'm am happy for him.