Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Super Bowl LII (52) Game Thread

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

Doesn't matter.

Patriots can still stop the Eagles, and get the ball back with 1:20 and get the TD to win it.

But the Eagles can get a first down

Eagles won't get this first down.

Even if they hit the FG, Brady will get the TD + 2 to tie the game and then win it on OT.

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

yikes a run and a punt leaves over a minute for brady

Are they in field goal range?

Peterson needs to follow through with his aggressive play calling and throw for the 1st down

Just now, jjcolts said:

settling for the field goal... not good

FG puts them up 8.......

..But the Eagles coach goes for everything.....He'll throw for the first down if he's really a gambler.

Take it out of Brady's hands,.

one first down wins the Super Bowl for the Eagles

Eagles coached wimped out......He didn't even try for the first down.

Why?

Brady still has a chance.... what a weak call

Doesn't matter.

Brady will blow down the field without a problem, get the easy TD + 2, and then get the ball first and blow down the field for the easy winning TD in OT.

Patriots still got this.

well this is where the NFL and the Pats fabled script comes in to perfect play, just like a movie haha

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

I can’t believe it,Eagles might actually win this game

SSSsshhh  too much time left.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Strip Sack Master King Robert Mathis joins For the COLTure Podcast and talks about his playing days teammates and his pass rushing consulting business. Towards the end he also has a piece on Turay starting at 27:15 mark. Interesting listen as Mathis was one of the guys that scouted and found Turay and brought him to Ballards attention. Also mentioned that Turay will be the sack champion in 1-2 years and has the talent to break the all time NFL sack record! What do you guys think? Also has thoughts on Houston and the D as a unit.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkI-rykczsI 
    • Ballard has only been a GM Fir three years.   Most others he’s compared to have been a GM much longer.      Patience,  Grasshopper!   
    • They could have been talking about any qb. It could have been filmed before the trade was set in place, and they were referring to trading up into the top 5-10 for a qb. Who knows. 
    • The NFL realizes what an incredible opportunity this is.  They will turn it into gold... and we need it right now.
    • Well first of all, not all Jones' pro-bowlers were pro-bowlers as rookies.  For example, Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman were drafted in '88 and '89, respectively.  They didn't make a probowl until 1991.  Arguably, because Emmit Smith (who made the probowl as a rookie in 1990) was added to form the original 'trio' (followed later by our Colts, who didn't see Marvin or Peyton become pro-bowlers until 1999 when Edge was drafted).     Big Q and The Maniac were the first rookie duo to make first team all-pro on the same team (and 2nd time in NFL history) since 1965 when Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers did it.  Several players drafted by Ballard have potential to be pro-bowlers.  I won't be shocked to see Braden Smith, Marlon Mack, Malik Hooker, Rock Ya-Sin, Kemoko Turay, Ben Banogu, Bobby Okereke,  Anthony Walker, Khari Willis, Nyheim Hines (return man) make at least one pro-bowl before their careers are over (I doubt all of them will, but I'm sure at least one of those guys will, probably more).     I don't have the time to do it, but I would bet that very few GMs have every single player from the past 3 drafts still in the NFL.  TBH, I wouldn't be shocked if Ballard is the only GM in the league who can say that.     Of picks who didn't make it as Colts since Ballard started: 2017: Basham is doing fine for the Jets as a rotational DL, Zach Banner started 1 game in Pittsburgh and was depth for them last year, Nate Hairston had a decent year with NYJ last year.   2018: Deon Cain is the only one not still with the Colts (out of 11 picks, that's ridiculous), and he started 3 games for Pittsburgh last year coming off a bad injury as a rookie (he also started 3 with us before we put him to PS and he got claimed by Pitt)   2019: Javon Patterson went on IR but is still with us. Jackson Barton didn't make our team, but has a SB ring and is still with KC. Gerri Green is the only other guy who was only a practice squad guy out of the 10 picks in that draft.            
  • Members