Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stephen Hill Helped The Colts Before The Draft

Stephen hill actually helped us without us drafting him!

now several things are now in full swing

1 hill will be there at 34 or going in the first round this helps us 2 ways

1a we get an awesome WR

2a some other team takes hill pushing a first round talent into the second

Potential falls

ashlon jeffery

dontari poe

coby fleener

dwayne allen

vinny curry

danta hightower

mohamed sanu

mark barron

just several players that could fall to 34

Not necessarily. Pats have 2 first round picks, can use one on Stephen Hill and another on Mark Barron.

Bengals have 2 first round picks, Browns have 2 first round picks. So, those teams have ample options before the players you mentioned get to No.34.

Not necessarily. Pats have 2 first round picks, can use one on Stephen Hill and another on Mark Barron.

Bengals have 2 first round picks, Browns have 2 first round picks. So, those teams have ample options before the players you mentioned get to No.34.

Correct but for every player launched into the first round another 1st rd talent falls to the 2nd

simple math :mindblow:

Stephen hill actually helped us without us drafting him!

now several things are now in full swing

1 hill will be there at 34 or going in the first round this helps us 2 ways

1a we get an awesome WR

2a some other team takes hill pushing a first round talent into the second

Potential falls

ashlon jeffery

dontari poe

coby fleener

dwayne allen

vinny curry

danta hightower

mohamed sanu

mark barron

just several players that could fall to 34

Alshon Jeffery - I dont get why he didn't participate in the combine. I can see him falling in the 3rd round now. But he has potential to be great.

Dontari Poe - The only team that I can see drafting them is the Pittsburgh Steelers, but I am starting to believe wide receiver is a bigger need for them.

Coby Fleener - Wouldn't be surprised if Colts drafted him in the second. Would give Luck a combfortable weapon.

Dwayne Allen - His stock is slowly falling. I like Fleener and Charles better.

Vinny Curry - His stock may rise after the combine. Had a great senior bowl game.

Donta Hightower - A team like the Ravens could draft him in the late first round but it is a real possibility he can fall in the second.

Mohamed Sanu - Having a below average quarterback in college and racking up over 1k yards is impressive. I see a team like the Patriots, Texans, or 49ers drafting him in the first.

Mark Barron - Chargers could draft him but it would be bit of a reach. Would love if Colts drafted him in the second.

Alshon Jeffery - I dont get why he didn't participate in the combine. I can see him falling in the 3rd round now. But he has potential to be great.

Dontari Poe - The only team that I can see drafting them is the Pittsburgh Steelers, but I am starting to believe wide receiver is a bigger need for them.

Coby Fleener - Wouldn't be surprised if Colts drafted him in the second. Would give Luck a combfortable weapon.

Dwayne Allen - His stock is slowly falling. I like Fleener and Charles better.

Vinny Curry - His stock may rise after the combine. Had a great senior bowl game.

Donta Hightower - A team like the Ravens could draft him in the late first round but it is a real possibility he can fall in the second.

Mohamed Sanu - Having a below average quarterback in college and racking up over 1k yards is impressive. I see a team like the Patriots, Texans, or 49ers drafting him in the first.

Mark Barron - Chargers could draft him but it would be bit of a reach. Would love if Colts drafted him in the second.

jeffery wont fall that far maximum drop to top of 2nd i really like fleener and even hill would be great

Pats have bigger needs. They won't draft a WR and S in the first. Maybe a safety, but not a WR. They need to focus on defense. If they draft a WR, it'll be in the 2nd and/or they'll bring in Lloyd or Wallace to stretch the field.

Bengals wil likely draft a guard, DeCastro or Glenn, and a RB (Benson is not the answer for them), maybe a DB.

I'd say it's very likely that one of the players OP listed falls to the Colts at 34.

Pats have bigger needs. They won't draft a WR and S in the first. Maybe a safety, but not a WR. They need to focus on defense. If they draft a WR, it'll be in the 2nd and/or they'll bring in Lloyd or Wallace to stretch the field.

Bengals wil likely draft a guard, DeCastro or Glenn, and a RB (Benson is not the answer for them), maybe a DB.

I'd say it's very likely that one of the players OP listed falls to the Colts at 34.

i really hope they do cause we could see an instant improvement

True, but the true question will be - after their Pro days are over, is everyone of those players good value at No.34? I personally do not think so.

Dontari Poe, Hightower and Mark Barron - yes at No.34. The others, not so sure, personally. I'd rather trade down then.

No.34 is almost a hard spot to pick because you probably need to be first round talent that falls, to be fit for No.34. If we do not have them evaluated there, they should just trade back and get more picks. Just like that scenario I mentioned where we trade No.34 and No.65 for Eagles picks No.46 and No.51 (and maybe a 7th in addition). I feel we can get better value mid second round than at the very top of the second round for most players.

jeffery wont fall that far maximum drop to top of 2nd i really like fleener and even hill would be great

I like Fleener as a prospect, but if we keep Clark I just can't see the colts drafting a TE so high. A WR now with the recent news of Pierre turning down the contract I could see them drafting. I like Alshon, but it is worrisome that he didn't do anything in the combine.

Alshon had everything to lose by not participating. His stock is surely going to fall. for a guy that had a ?s about his speed and route running, you'd think he would want to put that to rest. i really could see him taking a huge plummet. All he has now is his size to lean on, which means nothing at the next level.

Alshon had everything to lose by not participating. His stock is surely going to fall. for a guy that had a ?s about his speed and route running, you'd think he would want to put that to rest. i really could see him taking a huge plummet. All he has now is his size to lean on, which means nothing at the next level.

I could see him falling to the 3rd or even 4th now. His size isn't even that big of a deal, now that Stephen Hill and Tommy Streeter have run 4.3 40s at 6'5", I think they're ahead of Jeffery now.

I could see him falling to the 3rd or even 4th now. His size isn't even that big of a deal, now that Stephen Hill and Tommy Streeter have run 4.3 40s at 6'5", I think they're ahead of Jeffery now.

Exactly, when you have 0 speed and all you made a living on in college was being able to tower over the DB and keep him from getting to the ball because your girth forced him farther from the ball, that won't help in the pros. When the story is his speed is slow enough for a LB to cover him, makes him kinda useless as a pro. I mean I know I don't want a reciever that an opposing team can cover with a OLB on the outside.

I hope they are and we are able to get him. He is a lot better reciever than either of those guys, just not the pure speed. He has the ability to be great. If he drops to 2nd or 3rd I want him. I like the other two as well, but not before Alshon.

Exactly, when you have 0 speed and all you made a living on in college was being able to tower over the DB and keep him from getting to the ball because your girth forced him farther from the ball, that won't help in the pros. When the story is his speed is slow enough for a LB to cover him, makes him kinda useless as a pro. I mean I know I don't want a reciever that an opposing team can cover with a OLB on the outside.

Sanu ran just 2 tenths of a sec faster than Poe. 40 times only mean so much. Watch the tape to determine the ability. Then decide if it takes Revis to covor or if he can be covered by Haloti Ngata. lol.

Sanu ran just 2 tenths of a sec faster than Poe. 40 times only mean so much. Watch the tape to determine the ability. Then decide if it takes Revis to covor or if he can be covered by Haloti Ngata. lol.

I watched him play this year. I would tune into the So Car games just to watch him. He showed no ability to separate. the only way he was able to was vertically where he outsized the man defending him. Honestly I just didn't see talent at the level of an NFL reciever, I just saw him using his size.

I watched him play this year. I would tune into the So Car games just to watch him. He showed no ability to separate. the only way he was able to was vertically where he outsized the man defending him. Honestly I just didn't see talent at the level of an NFL reciever, I just saw him using his size.

I like that break down much better lol. 40s are nice, but they cant be used as the only way to determine speed. Thats why I love when people make a point using what they saw in play.

I like that break down much better lol. 40s are nice, but they cant be used as the only way to determine speed. Thats why I love when people make a point using what they saw in play.

All I was trying to point out on my 1st post was the Combine 40 and reciever drills could have only helped him, IMO.