Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Super Bowl win or Pacers Finals win??

I like IU and Butler better, but I root for any in state school to win in college, and it looks like Purdue might finally win a championship this year..Haas is a beast, reminds me of a more athletic Rik Smits..I would love for the Pacers to get that kid...

• Like 2

The thing with Bob Knight is winning makes all IU fans and even the athletic directors turn a blind eye to things that should have been looked into at the time. Bob Knight was so used to getting by with his actions he expected to carry on without repercussions. Now Knight is so bitter at IU he won't have anything to do with them. He painted himself into the corner he is standing in. Sad really he cant see his faults and move on.

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Easy call, Colts  because I am not a Pacers fan! haha it would be cool to see the Pacers win a title though. 

I just love the intensity of playoff basketball when the Pacers are contending, nothing like it..They have broke my heart many times..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IU fell off the map while BK was there because the game changed

They were still good in is final year and the kids he recruited made the Championship game in 2001 with Davis who was his Assistant Coach. They didn't fall off the map. In 1992 they made a Final 4 and he recruited guys like Calbert Cheaney and Damon Bailey. So he wasn't just a 70's or 80's Coach. IU was still a threat during the 90's for the most part.

-I had to look up their record but in Bob's final season = 2000, IU was 20-9 and made the NCAA Tournament. That isn't falling off the map and he had several great recruits ready for 2001.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They were still good in is final year and the kids he recruited made the Championship game in 2001 with Davis who was his Assistant Coach. They didn't fall off the map. in 1992 they made a Final 4 and he recruited guys like Calbert Cheaney and Damon Bailey. So he wasn't just a 70's or 80's Coach. IU was still a threat during the 90's for the most part.

He lost his touch with home state recruits(instead of getting anyone he wanted he struggled to 1 or 2 a class to none but neither could MD, KS, or TC and that is the only way AM can turn it around)

15 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I like IU and Butler better, but I root for any in state school to win in college, and it looks like Purdue might finally win a championship this year..Haas is a beast, reminds me of a more athletic Rik Smits..I would love for the Pacers to get that kid...

Purdue has athletically become what IU was

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He lost his touch with home state recruits(instead of getting anyone he wanted he struggled to 1 or 2 a class to none but neither could MD, KS, or TC and that is the only way AM can turn it around)

I thought Crean had something when IU had Oladipo and Zeller. When the tournament rolled around though he couldn't Coach.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Cleveland is over the cap by almost 35 million dollars. So the owners who are willing to pay the NBA the luxury money will continue to win championships.

If Simon spent the money the stars would come to Indy IMO.

That's not true at all. The only reason Cleveland is winning championships is because they stunk enough to draft one of the greatest players ever and he decided to come back to the Cavs.

The Pacers will have to be like the Warriors and draft multiple superstars in order to win a championship anytime soon. LeBron and KD would not come here even if we could offer them more money than anybody else.

We will go over the cap when we have good enough players to justify it. I'm glad the Pacers are giving 18 million dollars to players like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I Agree but Every great recruiter has emergency plans in place and either TC was not good and/or the guys he brought in were not ready

Yeah IU doesn't get 4 new 5-star guys like Duke and Kentucky get every year so when they lose great players early it kills them...Crean was a horrible in game strategist ; basketball equivalent of Pagano..

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Crean was not ready for the Big 10 and should not have let the other Zellers get away

Plumlees too..Hopefully Miller can change that and get Romeo Lankford this year..If they could just get best in state players like Knight used to they'll always be a top 10 team..

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Yeah we IU doesn't get 4 new 5-star guys like Duke and Kentucky get every year so when they lose great players early it kills them...Crean was a horrible in game strategist ; basketball equivalent of Pagano..

The last season Oladipo and Zeller were there, that was a Final 4 team and they lost early in the tournament. That was a waste. IU was awesome that Regular Season.

• Like 1

Back to the Pacers, looking back on their history they still had a nice run without winning a Championship in the Reggie days. They went to 6 ECFinals = 1994, 95, 98, 99, 2000, and 04 and 1 Finals = 2000. 98 bugs me the most but 94 is about equal. In 2000 when we got to the Finals, I knew we wouldn't beat Shaq and Kobe. Nobody could handle Shaq back then.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Back to the Pacers, looking back on their history they still had a nice run without winning a Championship in the Reggie days. They went 6 ECFinals = 1994, 95, 98, 99, 2000, and 04 and 1 Finals = 2000. 98 bugs me the most but 94 is about equal. In 2000 when we got to the Finals, I knew we wouldn't beat Shaq and Kobe. Nobody could handle Shaq back then.

Best team we had was lost in Malice in the Palace...We had 1 of the toughest most physical teams in history and Reggie was still good..We would have won that year no doubt..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Best team we had was lost in Malice in the Palace...We had 1 of the toughest most physical teams in history and Reggie was still good..We would have won that year no doubt..

Yeah that would've been 2005. Ben Wallace started that crap too, we were smoking the Pistons and the Pistons knew we were their biggest threat. Pistons got off easy that season when our key players got suspended.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The NBA needs a Hard Cap to touch on another subject, what's the point of having a Cap if teams go 30 million over it to form super teams. This would prevent super teams and make the league much better. Cavs are like 35 mill over the Cap lmao 

So true teams like us could never get rings the way it is now and that sucks because we are a great franchise and have had some great players hell Reggie is one of the best in NBA history 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

So true teams like us could never get rings the way it is now 

I know, we could go over but wont because our FO doesn't want to pay the Luxury Tax. The Warriors and Cavs don't care. Dan Gilbert is a billionaire so he laughs at the tax. Watch LeBron go to the Warriors, they would probably go 75-7 if that happened and 16-0 in the Playoffs. LeBron is a Top 10 player ever, Durant and Curry are in the Top 50 ever already. Green is perhaps the most important Role Player in the league as well - guy is Very Good. If the Warriors let Klay and Iggy go that would even free up space so the penalty wouldn't be as Bad lmao 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, we could go over but wont because our FO doesn't want to pay the Luxury Tax. The Warriors and Cavs don't care. Dan Gilbert is a billionaire so he laughs at the tax. Watch LeBron go to the Warriors, they would probably go 75-7 if that happened and 16-0 in the Playoffs. LeBron is a Top 10 player ever, Durant and Curry are in the Top 50 ever already. Green is perhaps the most important Role Player in the league as well - guy is Very Good. If the Warriors let Klay and Iggy go that would even free up space so the penalty wouldn't be as Bad lmao 

I'm sick of the super team crap it's got T to be handled or fans will start getting upset and not caring if you make it to where half the teams in the league have no shot at the finals people will stop caring 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

So true teams like us could never get rings the way it is now and that sucks because we are a great franchise and have had some great players hell Reggie is one of the best in NBA history 

Reggie gets no RESPECT, I hate that, never been a player like him running off screens ever..

• Like 1

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm sick of the super team crap it's got T to be handled or fans will start getting upset and not caring if you make it to where half the teams in the league have no shot at the finals people will stop caring 

It's killing the league they got to do something to stop it..Need a franchise tag like NFL..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I do not hate him but grew up in the Athletic world(coaches kid) and have seen what destructive behavior in practice and/or games can do to players and a program

It is often not have many wins you have but the type of legacy you leave when your players

I think a majority of players if you interview them LOVED playing for coach Knight and have the upmost respect for him and what he taught them about basketball and preparing them for life....and people also ignore all the good Bob Knight did for so many many many of his kids....helping them get jobs to lending his support to raising money for some even being there at their parents funerals. I've read plenty of biographies and books by and about Bobby and many of his players books...and there are a very few that don't think fondly of Coach Knight....so his legacy for many is fine. Not only that but he almost built that Library himself for the university....fundraising and the money and books he has donated back to his local town he grew up...he has a legacy on and off the floor.....it isn't just black and white...and yes he has some embarrassments as well...but it ain't so clear cut. Anyways...like I said I won't try to change peoples minds...I met the man on a couple occasions...and yes he came from a different time and definitely commanded respect...but he was also very kind to a young kid and to me as a young man on both occasions. I don't judge Woody Hayes based on one thing nor do I judge Rick Patino based on his recent indiscretions...but sure..Bobs history is his history and I can 100% understand why some look at him in a different light....just like I would 100% understand why someone might not want to send their kid to play for him...and like I understand some people view Bill Belicheck differently...but his legacy is to me factors in all his accomplishments as much as his mistakes and detractions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

That's not true at all. The only reason Cleveland is winning championships is because they stunk enough to draft one of the greatest players ever and he decided to come back to the Cavs.

The Pacers will have to be like the Warriors and draft multiple superstars in order to win a championship anytime soon. LeBron and KD would not come here even if we could offer them more money than anybody else.

We will go over the cap when we have good enough players to justify it. I'm glad the Pacers are giving 18 million dollars to players like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.

Please list me the names the big name players that Simon has gone after that required a big contract that would have put them over the cap had they signed them.

Simon has said several times he was not going to go over the cap.

The Warriors owe an estimated 34 million luxury cap right now.

The Pacers are only 1 team out of 7 who are not over the cap.

30 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When the league re done the Top 50 players ever, Reggie was in. He originally wasn't because the 1st list was done in 1997. Glad he at least got that respect. I agree he is Top 50 ever, he is one the best clutch Playoff performers ever.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When the league re done the Top 50 players ever, Reggie was in. He originally wasn't because the 1st list was done in 1997. Glad he at least got that respect. I agree he is Top 50 ever, he is one the best clutch Playoff performers ever.

Yep one of the best pure shooters ever and a great FT shooter too. Still the best shooter ever imo I know Allen made more but I don't think he was quite as good.

• Like 2

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yep one of the best puree shooters ever and a great FT shooter too. Still the best shooter ever imo I know Allen made more but I don't thinking was quite as good.

Yeah. Reggie's degree of difficulty on many of his was much harder..Peeling off screens,  falling back , catch and shoot..Reggie didn't need to be "OPEN"...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Speaking of clutch. ..Oladipo seems to be that rare animal that possesses that trait..

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yep one of the best pure shooters ever and a great FT shooter too. Still the best shooter ever imo I know Allen made more but I don't think he was quite as good.

Yeah Reggie is better than Allen all-time IMO. I know Allen got a couple of Rings but he never carried a team like Reggie. Regarding shooting, only player that is arguably better than Reggie is Curry with guys in his face. Allen is right there too.