Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Super Bowl win or Pacers Finals win??

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a great comparison, I am out of LIKES but he reminds me of Wade so much and they both are 6'4 lmao 

I see no reason Vic can't be an even better player than PG he's a great defender and he's way more clutch and has a killer instinct. He's a slasher and a shooter. He also really feeds off the fans big time.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I see no reason Vic can't be an even better player than PG he's a great defender and he's way more clutch and has a killer instinct. He's a slasher and a shooter. He also really feeds off the fans big time.

PG is now 1-23 on clutch shots he finally made 1...lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I am starting to believe he can be, I want to see how he plays in the Playoffs because PG has had some great Playoff moments. If Dipo wins a Playoff series and dominates than I will be a true believer he is a SuperStar. That Wade comparison is perfect and when Wade was in his prime he was better than PG.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am starting to believe he can be, I want to see how he plays in the Playoffs because PG has had some great Playoff moments. If Dipo wins a Playoff series and dominates than I will be a true believer he is a SuperStar. That Wade comparison is perfect and when Wade was in his prime he was better than PG.

Wade is one of the best players ever too he carried a team many times before LBJ got there 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Wade is one of the best players ever too he carried a team many times before LBJ got there 

I have Wade in my Top 20 ever. Most say he is Top 30, I google stuff like that all the time lmao but to me Wade is Top 20 ever. Once LeBron joined him I knew the league was toast haha. Top 10 LeBron and Top 20 Wade - all-time just not fair. Durant and Curry isn't fair either as they are Top 50 ever by the League but they also have Klay and Green + Iggy - freakin All-Star team in todays game!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Wade in my Top 20 ever. Most say he is Top 30, I google stuff like that all the time lmao but to me Wade is Top 20 ever. Once LeBron joined him I knew the league was toast haha. Top 10 LeBron and Top 20 Wade - all-time just not fair. Durant and Curry isn't fair either as they are Top 50 ever by the League but they also have Klay and Green + Iggy - freakin All-Star team in todays game!

Curry is top 5...Never been anyone like him...

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Curry is top 5...Never been anyone like him...

Probably the best shooter ever I can roll with that, Reggie and Allen are right there. Curry is tough to rank all-time because of his size and his Defensive flaws but if he retired today he would be a HOFamer. He has won 2 League MVP's and 2 Championships and is regarded as the most deadly shooter in todays game. There have been millions of players that have played in the NBA and he definitely makes the Top 50. Is he better than Allen Iverson or Isiah Thomas?

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably the best shooter ever I can roll with that, Reggie and Allen are right there. Curry is tough to rank all-time because of his size and his Defensive flaws but if he retired today he would be a HOFamer. He has won 2 League MVP's and 2 Championships and is regarded as the most deadly shooter in todays game. There have been millions of players that have played in the NBA and he definitely makes the Top 50. Is he better than Allen Iverson or Isiah Thomas?

Warriors have zero championships without him..Durant or not..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Please list me the names the big name players that Simon has gone after that required a big contract that would have put them over the cap had they signed them.

Simon has said several times he was not going to go over the cap.

The Warriors owe an estimated 34 million luxury cap right now.

The Pacers are only 1 team out of 7 who are not over the cap.

The Pacers are one of 7 teams not over the cap yet they are one of the most consistent franchises in NBA history and the only time they missed the playoffs in the last 15 years is when PG broke his leg. Simon doesn't need to sign marginal players to big contracts just to prove he'll go over the cap. Larry Bird said before last season started that the checkbook would be expanded.

You don't know who Simon has gone after because there was no chance that we'd get any of the big names anyway. Every team goes after the big players in free agency. If I was a player, I'd much rather be in LA or Miami than Indiana.

You're going to pay luxury tax when you draft Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green around the same time. We are not in that position. 

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Pacers are one of 7 teams not over the cap yet they are one of the most consistent franchises in NBA history and the only time they missed the playoffs in the last 15 years is when PG broke his leg. Simon doesn't need to sign marginal players to big contracts just to prove he'll go over the cap. Larry Bird said before last season started that the checkbook would be expanded.

You don't know who Simon has gone after because there was no chance that we'd get any of the big names anyway. Every team goes after the big players in free agency. If I was a player, I'd much rather be in LA or Miami than Indiana.

You're going to pay luxury tax when you draft Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green around the same time. We are not in that position. 

Over half of the NBA teams make the playoffs. That is no big accomplishment.

The only thing the Pacers have been consistent at is losing in playoffs games and never in their history winning a championship.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Over half of the NBA teams make the playoffs. That is no big accomplishment.

The only thing the Pacers have been consistent at is losing in playoffs games and never in their history winning a championship.

That doesn't mean that Simon is deliberately not signing big time players to avoid going over the salary cap. It's hard to win in the NBA as a small market team.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You know who is starting to become my favorite player in the league? Kyrie, no joke. I mean I am more on Team Kyrie now than Team Lebron. I still like Lebron but he is bugging me this season at times.

Watching Kyrie against Curry last weekend was just.......well it made me realize too how much he used to do in those Warriors/Cavs finals and I never gave him the credit. He's a clutch dude and still 25. I am realizing he never DID get enough credit for what he did in Cleveland.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@dgambillI feel differently because I know coaches 

No worries. Totally understand. My dad coached baseball and basketball his whole life. It was tough he expected a lot and sometimes I felt like he expected too much but I see now he was trying to get the best of me and also that he didn’t want me to look back and regret I held back or didn’t attempt something. I think now that I wish I would have played so hard I puked but the past is the past. I loved him for that. I would have loved to have a coach like Bob Knight. It’s all good because I know that getting in your face isn’t for everyone...but I always remember that people can do a lot of things but they can’t eat you. Also all the stress and pressure in practice etc just meant when the game came it was just “fun” you could let it all out because nothing you faced was as intense or difficult as leading up to it. None of this is to say your views aren’t perfectly legit. You can’t make excuses for the times he steps over the line....but there are literally hundreds of men that played for him that love Coach...despite any of those things..and as a fan of him and Indiana...he set the standard and he had these kids playing basketball at a very high level with all sorts of kids from all backgrounds and they did it honorably.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jules said:

You know who is starting to become my favorite player in the league? Kyrie, no joke. I mean I am more on Team Kyrie now than Team Lebron. I still like Lebron but he is bugging me this season at times.

Watching Kyrie against Curry last weekend was just.......well it made me realize too how much he used to do in those Warriors/Cavs finals and I never gave him the credit. He's a clutch dude and still 25. I am realizing he never DID get enough credit for what he did in Cleveland.

giphy.gif

So are you happy with that trade now? Didn’t you have reservations about moving IT and Crowder? Another thing...Both those guys look a shell of themselves...how the heck did Stevens have them playing at such a high level and now they are both liabilities in Cleveland. Crazy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

So are you happy with that trade now? Didn’t you have reservations about moving IT and Crowder? Another thing...Both those guys look a shell of themselves...how the heck did Stevens have them playing at such a high level and now they are both liabilities in Cleveland. Crazy!

Averly Bradley looked pretty bad on Detroit too, Brad must be a miracle worker. Kelly O is the only ex Celtic who is playing decent on a new team but he has that "fearless spunk" and I think Brad wanted to keep him but they couldn't afford him a good contract.

Both Crowder and IT were on massively cheap deals so it worked for Cleveland. Crowder was always overrated due to his cheap deal and he can still play decent on defense and hit occasional shots, but he is what he is.......he is a role player. IT still could get better and find his shot but I am sensing Cleveland don't even want to make it work which saddens me. Time will tell. Lebron/Love have always seemed to have bad vibes with IT for some reason. And IT can't just mesh with the Lebron system like Kyrie did and play recklessly hitting miracle shots in ISO. IT will need a team to develop plays FOR him and to cover up his defensive weaknesses.......which so far Cleveland seems unwilling to do. IT can still score but it's as if the Cavs look at him at like "Oh you again.......". But time will tell here. But I don't think IT would be able to go into a duel against Curry like Kyrie can, he can't.......even Curry said recently that he and Kryrie bring out the best in each other on the court. IT would get tossed around by the Warriors.

What made that whole trade happen was Gilbert being unable to refuse the Nets pick. And so far the problem I hear behind the scenes is Lebron wants that Nets pick MOVED asap for something to help them win NOW. And Gilbert is hesitant since if Lebron leaves he wants that pick for something longer term and not a short term fix. So we'll see, if Cleveland wants to get better this season to get back to the finals with a shot they might have to use that Nets pick. But if they use it the rumor is now Gilbert wants a younger player on a longer deal than just a short fix.

Most Cavs fans also despise IT, I have seen some of the rudest comments possible about IT from that fanbanse since they hate him. I have seen them even say to just cut IT from the team. IT is also ranked right now as the worst defensive player in the NBA on the court......

What changed my mind on Kyrie too is his leadership this season in Boston. Jaylen Brown says Kyrie is a tremendous leader and Rozier admits he has become a much better PG learning and watching behind Kyrie and now it is showing on the court for him playing when Kyrie rests. With Horford not being a big vocal type and Hayward out, Kyrie had to take on a bigger responsibility this season with a new team.

Kyrie admits too that he and Brad develop plays at times for Brown and Tatum this regular season to get big shots in games to help them develop confidence, so they can experience this. I think that Kyrie's experience in big games leaves the Celtics players kinda awe struck at times since they never been to the finals or did anything big like that.

Much of this is the Brad Stevens effect too, I swear Stevens can come out with some of the strangest lineups on paper that scare nobody and he somehow makes it work since he utilizes every single players strengths and weaknesses no matter how lowly ranked they are.

Also I thought back to last season in the ECFs, many forget Boston was on the brink of bringing it to 2-2 if Kyrie didn't take control of the game with over 40 points when Lebron had two very off games for those two games in Cleveland.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jules said:

Averly Bradley looked pretty bad on Detroit too, Brad must be a miracle worker. Kelly O is the only ex Celtic who is playing decent on a new team but he has that "fearless spunk" and I think Brad wanted to keep him but they couldn't afford him a good contract.

Both Crowder and IT were on massively cheap deals so it worked for Cleveland. Crowder was always overrated due to his cheap deal and he can still play decent on defense and hit occasional shots, but he is what he is.......he is a role player. IT still could get better and find his shot but I am sensing Cleveland don't even want to make it work which saddens me. Time will tell. Lebron/Love have always seemed to have bad vibes with IT for some reason. And IT can't just mesh with the Lebron system like Kyrie did and play recklessly hitting miracle shots in ISO. IT will need a team to develop plays FOR him and to cover up his defensive weaknesses.......which so far Cleveland seems unwilling to do. IT can still score but it's as if the Cavs look at him at like "Oh you again.......". But time will tell here. But I don't think IT would be able to go into a duel against Curry like Kyrie can, he can't.......even Curry said recently that he and Kryrie bring out the best in each other on the court. IT would get tossed around by the Warriors.

What made that whole trade happen was Gilbert being unable to refuse the Nets pick. And so far the problem I hear behind the scenes is Lebron wants that Nets pick MOVED asap for something to help them win NOW. And Gilbert is hesitant since if Lebron leaves he wants that pick for something longer term and not a short term fix. So we'll see, if Cleveland wants to get better this season to get back to the finals with a shot they might have to use that Nets pick. But if they use it the rumor is now Gilbert wants a younger player on a longer deal than just a short fix.

Most Cavs fans also despise IT, I have seen some of the rudest comments possible about IT from that fanbanse since they hate him. I have seen them even say to just cut IT from the team. IT is also ranked right now as the worst defensive player in the NBA on the court......

What changed my mind on Kyrie too is his leadership this season in Boston. Jaylen Brown says Kyrie is a tremendous leader and Rozier admits he has become a much better PG learning and watching behind Kyrie and now it is showing on the court for him playing when Kyrie rests. With Horford not being a big vocal type and Hayward out, Kyrie had to take on a bigger responsibility this season with a new team.

Kyrie admits too that he and Brad develop plays at times for Brown and Tatum this regular season to get big shots in games to help them develop confidence, so they can experience this. I think that Kyrie's experience in big games leaves the Celtics players kinda awe struck at times since they never been to the finals or did anything big like that.

Much of this is the Brad Stevens effect too, I swear Stevens can come out with some of the strangest lineups on paper that scare nobody and he somehow makes it work since he utilizes every single players strengths and weaknesses no matter how lowly ranked they are.

Also I thought back to last season in the ECFs, many forget Boston was on the brink of bringing it to 2-2 if Kyrie didn't take control of the game with over 40 points when Lebron had two very off games for those two games in Cleveland.

Oh I thought Boston fleeced Cleveland with that trade. Kyrie covered up a lot in Cleveland. Offensively he is unguardable and his ability to create makes the game easier for everyone. IT can’t do that in the same way. Everyone in Cleveland look like they hate each other except Lebron and Wade. Like we are all stuck here because of Lebron and NOBODY wants to play defense. They want it all to come easy. If Cleveland was in the West they wouldn’t make it out of the first rd. GS is great but I’m watching Houston closely. If they shoot well they can keep up. Also Harden looks like he is on a mission. GS looks like they are just cruising. Yeah problem with Cleveland is without Lebron they are the Pacers...maybe worse. They will move back to obscurity. Honestly it’s Lebron fault they are the way they are. Playing only year to year signing old vets instead of drafting and incorporating them into their team like GS. Honestly that’s the difference. If Lebron would just sign long term they could build a better team. They could move that pick...nobody is willing to go there long term because Lebron won’t commit. Bad contracts to Thompson and Smith and moves of Wiggins for Love...short sighted. Lebron could have given up a couple finals short term he would be set up for a long run but now it’s ending and he will jump ship to ride someone else’s organization to give him what he wants. It’s all benefited him but not Cleveland much. They are very lucky they got that championship or it would be tragic honestly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With me it's 50/50 only because the Pacers have never won an NBA Championship. Colts have won one here in Indy = 2006 which was just last decade, Cubs just won a WS as well in 2016 - they have been my favorite Baseball team for over 30 years, but the Pacers haven't given me an NBA Championship in Indy. It's still 50/50 because I want to see Andrew Luck get healthy and become a legend here in Indy and win at least 1 SB.

I will still stick with this since this Thread resurfaced. Go Pacers!

If the question is: which will happen first..Its the Colts...

I would say that The Colts winning the Super Bowl is much more likely because you only need 3 wins if the regular season goes right...

....No matter what you do in the NBA, you still need to win 4 playoff series..

You can actually cut down your path to the title  in the NFL if you have a great season...

If the question is, which would I enjoy more or want more.

I cant answer that....they are both my teams

Kinda like asking which finger I prefer.   I'm fond of all of them

On February 2, 2018 at 10:24 PM, Jules said:

Colts. I am not really a Pacers fan.:hide: But I don't dislike them either. If they won it all I would be excited for you guys.

Jules pretty much encapsulated how I feel too. I'm not really into the NBA, MLB, NHL, MMA, or college football all that much. I basically watch the NFL regularly & that's it. But, as you so eloquently said, the people of Indianapolis are awesome so, I'd be fine & happy for diehard Pacers fans. They deserve it--Hometown happiness I mean. 

For me, I crave a second Colts ring the most. Not that I earned it. INDY is just the best NFL franchise around. It's as simple as that.